Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone, for all the well wishes. 

On 08/07/18 the pet scan was great and everything looked fine as my original (left Lung) cancer was gone?

copy and paste from my doctors notes.  11/01/18
"There is new indistinct hypermetabolic activity at the sacrum, left pubic symphysis,"  (Tail Bone)
"New hypermetabolic osseous lesions are worrisome for metastases." Plus some lymph nodes have increased in size.?

?I have not given up hope even though my survival chances have worsened.?  Did my infusion treatment today. This Chemo is to boost my immune system.  I'll have dreams tonight ordering my immune system to work overtime.?

I will still reload with a new XL 650 I ordered today.  Told my son ( He does not reload) to sell it for my wife when I pass.  Cancelling the case roll sizer and Evolution leaves a big chunk of change in our bank account for the wife.

I'm 81 and have had a great life.  Retired Army,  Retired Civil  Service.  (combined both for retirement)?   Would have passed a long time ago but gave up drinking in 1969 and smoking in 1981?

Norm

Edited by Norm37

5 months to the day since I ordered,  just got an email from DAA on my Evo order: Your order shipped yesterday by UPS. I have an extra day off at Thanksgiving so that should allow me time to set it up. Ya! 

Norm, I’m sorry to hear about that. If you want, message me any time. 

I would have posted here more recently but have been busy. 

I received the 2nd guide pin for my press. It’s very solid now. I can’t upload the pictures as this site essentially doesn’t allow except the lowest quality my phone will go. 

36 minutes ago, jcwallace84 said:

... I can’t upload the pictures as this site essentially doesn’t allow except the lowest quality my phone will go. 

Upload to Imgur and provide a link. Usually large thumbnail option will provide a decent picture.

6 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

Norm, I’m sorry to hear about that. If you want, message me any time. 

Thanks

I received the 2nd guide pin for my press. It’s very solid now

Good to hear

If I had kept my Evolution order I had planned to order the 2nd guide pin as soon as DDA shipped my Evolution.

Ps. That was a good reminder.  I just went and emptied my shopping cart of all the things I planned to order from Mark 7. ?

Edited by Norm37

13 hours ago, LowBoost said:

SmithCity:

Which caliber? Did you receive a call from M7 to confirm your order or shipping label just popped up in your inbox?

They are ramping up!  "Coming Soon - M7 will take over the reloading scene!" :) 

Recieved email confirmation with tracking numbers. Boxes showed up today!

4 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

I had the same problem.   After the shellplate indexes and the press is on the down stroke does the shell plate move at all?  If so I have a document on how to tweak the index. 

When mine would do this it was because the primer system was stuck in the up position. Pull the primer tube off the press and with the press at the top of the stroke and the primer bar to the rear look down into the hole and make sure the hole in the primer bar that holds the primer is perfectly centered in the hole were the primer tube would be. There is a set screw on the back side that sets the rearward travel of the primer bar. You can adjust that set screw to center the primer hole. 

My shell plate was coming in contact with primer seating rod and preventing the shell plate from advancing.  In my opinion there should be some sort of fail safe that prevents this from happening. The press should not be able to cycle without the shell plate advancing.  My index pawl height was set in the accepted range also. 

Is it fixed, if so how?  I checked the hole appears centered.  However, the primer seating rod does show wear on the leading edge and if I cycle the press manually and slow the rod does hit slightly 

44 minutes ago, andrewtac said:

Is it fixed, if so how?  I checked the hole appears centered.  However, the primer seating rod does show wear on the leading edge and if I cycle the press manually and slow the rod does hit slightly 

The 3 primer adjustment steps are on page 21 of the PDF manual.

Figure 17: The 3 Primer Adjustments locations page 22

Edited by Norm37

On mine my primer punch was in the way, there was no way the shell plate could move.  I will run some rounds this weekend and see how mine goes.  

Because of these issues scaring me I bought the powder sense.  When I turn on the powder sense my press goes to acting crazy.  It will stutter, stop for no reason, run real slow then run real fast.  Unplug the sensor and it goes back to normal.  

Edited by CrashDodson

15 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

In my mind the press should stop via the clutch if the shell plate can not advance, but it does not. 

Very good point.

The Mark 7 primer sense stops the press if it does not see a spent primer.

Hopefully Mark 7 can design a shell plate sense.  If the shell plate does not advance the Press stops.

I'm looking at the M7 Evo (manual version) and can't seem to find one for sale.  M7 sells the Evo Pro but has has the manual Evo greyed out, and others such as DAA have only the Evo Pro builder listed.  Is there any way to get the manual Evo? 

Also (this is directed to folks who actually own a manual Evo and have been running it), what "optional accessories" are needed to run the manual Evo successfully?  And what will that bring the cost to?  I've seen it listed for $3900 at doubletap sports (on pre-order, which is on hold) without accessories, so it sounds like it can go a bit higher. 

Thanks!