Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, quiller said:

All, got the following from DAA on my Evolution order this am. Guess I'll have to settle on a set up space this week! 

I wished I was only 320 miles from DAA.   I'm 2,821 miles away, shipping will take awhile.  Plus shipping costs will probably be a bit higher.

1 hour ago, donttreadonme said:

Doesn't the revolution come with an offload system just like this?

You have to buy it.

"Mark 7® Offloading System Price Your Price: $99.95"

https://www.markvii-loading.com/Mark-7-Offloading-System_p_35.html

Ps.   Only works with: 1050 X, 1050 Pro, 1050 LTE, Evolution Pro, Revolution 

Edited by Norm37

18 hours ago, donttreadonme said:

I haven't seen this much complaining since I read the dillon loading press forum. 

My Dillon teething troubles are long over and nearly forgotten.  I don't want to start over with another brand.

Has anybody opened the Mk 7 box, set up the machine and gone to loading?  If he has, I don't think he posted here.

21 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

My Dillon teething troubles are long over and nearly forgotten.  I don't want to start over with another brand.

Has anybody opened the Mk 7 box, set up the machine and gone to loading?  If he has, I don't think he posted here.

jcwallace84  posts start  about two thirds of the way down page 3 and continue on to page 4.   The first picture on page three shows the shipping box on his porch.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Mark-7-Reloading-s-new-Evolution-Pro-press/42-488088/&page=3

Ps. All his posts are a good read.

Edited by Norm37

Is there anybody on this forum (BE), where one can ask questions and have a dialogue?  I'm considering a new press myself (to replace my 650) and would like to know what our BE brethrens' experiences have been.

Edited by teros135

1 hour ago, teros135 said:

Is there anybody on this forum (BE), where one can ask questions and have a dialogue?  I'm considering a new press myself (to replace my 650) and would like to know what our BE brethrens' experiences have been.

I believe there are already multiple Evolution (Pro) owners so just ask...

2 hours ago, mikamarj said:

I believe there are already multiple Evolution (Pro) owners so just ask...

We are too busy unloading and loading with our shiny evolutions and revolutions...  ?

Sold Super 1050 for Evolution.. zero regrets, loading right after setup manually then added Conversion for my auto drive and now just basking in a pile of ammo.

Do it again?  Yes..  sell Super 1050 in March 2018, no next time I would wait longer, but take a larger loss on the Super 1050.

Dillon is going to have to compete by including all the aftermarket fixes that have sprung up.  It's almost hilarious how much better the evolution is compared to a super 1050 for $200 bucks extra. 

Edited by armedmoose
Words

Well it's early days for this new platform. But I'm keen to open up the tips and tricks for it to a wider audience.

On that basis I've created a face book group as well. 

Just waiting for confirmation from Mark 7 to get my press :)

On 10/28/2018 at 12:46 PM, Jim Watson said:

I did.

6 hours ago, tanks said:

I think the Lee Undersize die is an overkill and not needed. Especially if one rollsizes, it undoes some of the rollsizing benefits by pushing a bulge down. Now, I am also loading .40 so your mileage might differ.

I use a undersize die and dont roll size .40.  I have maybe 1-2 out of 100 that go into the practice bin.  They work fine but dont gauge as cleanly as I would like. I agree that roll sizing is the best option if you can afford to do it.   

I think that's OK for a pistol load. I know there will be a few that will not be satisfied, especially those coming from "The Blue Press" where they may have had more consistent results.

Edited by LowBoost

31 minutes ago, RGA said:

I tested my Evo powder measure again with Vithavuori N320 (small grain extruded powder). Set the measure to throw about 4.0 grains and dropped 20 loads (hopper half full). Charges were weighed on a Gempro 250 scale. I repeated the test with a standard Dillon powder measure set at roughly 3.7 grain.

MK7         

Extreme spread 3.78 - 4.04   

Dillon (pistol powder bar)

Extreme spread 3.64 - 3.76

Are you using the same head stamp brass?

@Tanks, I agree.

@Smithcity, I only load .223 on my Evo but wanted to test the powder measure as well with a pistol load. I use my Dillon 650 for loading 9mmP (with mixed headstamp brass).

To anyone interested in an Evolution Press.  DAA might have one available at the old price? Plus it would probably ship this week.

I had bad news from my Oncologist on 11/1/2018.  So I cancelled my DAA Evolution 10mm order  this morning. The difference in 10Mm and 40 S&W is large primer instead of a 40 S&W small primer.

Also canceled my case roller order.

Edited by Norm37

24 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

To anyone interested in an Evolution Press.  DAA might have one available at the old price? Plus it would probably ship this week.

I had bad news from my Oncologist on 11/1/2018.  So I cancelled my DAA Evolution 10mm order  this morning. The difference in 10Mm and 40 S&W is large primer instead of a 40 S&W small primer.

Also canceled my case roller order.

Norm, good luck with everything, Alan