Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, slavex said:

... need to go back and be replaced, along with the powder measure as it's doing weird thing.s

The weird thing is it dumping powder like a machine gun over and over again? Mine has already been to M7 and is on its way back, should be waiting for me once I get back from the Nationals.

My measure randomly decides to do this fast fill thing, where it only rotates to the fill position for a split second. It has also refused to throw powder a a few dozen times too. 

Looks like the new measure body doesn't have that shear shelf the first ones did. 

Edited by slavex

On 10/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, itselataaja550 said:

The next 3D print release will be a kludge for the case feeder.
It sits between the body and the rotor and prevents 9mm casings from ruining the party by sneaking in sideways.

Still a work in progress. Version 1 turned out to be dud, it _almost_ worked.
Version 2 shows more promise . It's a hodgepodge of angles and fillets but much cleaner than v1.

I will release the STL once it has been tested enough.
(It is overbuilt because I want it to print without ANY supports)

IMG_6298.jpg.3f3a83fd6ee3fc8ecd34dd81a481499a.jpg

mark7-casefeederkludge1.jpg.f7dcabe6938e227cf4d7fc2edcf331db.jpg

Interested as well.  Also, any recommendations for a starter printer that can handle stuff about like that?

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, tanks said:

I have the primer collator on my Revolution and it is awesome. That being said you have to have the following done for it to work without jams:

• Have the machine index perfectly.
  • Have a sizing die above the priming station to keep the brass centered.
  • Do not have debris etc. in the primer pockets. That was what was causing most of my jams, pre-processing brass cleared that problem along with setting up swaging. I think if swaging is set up right most likely you won't have jams as hopefully it will clear the debris.
  • Throw away all S&B brass.

I use the RCBS ultrasonic case cleaner solution. It cleans primer pockets nicely.

They took down my plum trees when they widened the street in front of my house.  No more prunes, so I took the food hydrator to dry my brass.

This is the one I have.  Three trays for brass.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/588826132/american-harvest-snack-master-dehydrator?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-home_and_living-kitchen_and_dining-small_kitchen_appliances&utm_custom1=a4816f8c-169c-4848-bed0-3ae25d5bec58&utm_content=go_270949115_41113171166_194315731600_aud-318110574626:pla-303335181093_c__588826132&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIypXtoe6d3gIVg-NkCh03WADtEAYYCCABEgK59PD_BwE

Edited by Norm37

I wet tumble in a cement mixer and do not deprime. Also, probably have about 40K of brass already cleaned but not processed yet, I roll sized and processed 20K while waiting for my powder dispenser upgrade, so after Area 2 I will load those and then go through and process the rest of the brass. 

43 minutes ago, tanks said:

I wet tumble in a cement mixer and do not deprime. Also, probably have about 40K of brass already cleaned but not processed yet, I roll sized and processed 20K while waiting for my powder dispenser upgrade, so after Area 2 I will load those and then go through and process the rest of the brass. 

Then no way is my method going to work for that  much brass.  Also that much brass would overwhelm the food processor. ?

?Maybe I should buy a couple 55 gallon drums of brass just so I can keep up with you.?   Just joking?

Edited by Norm37

suddenly I am feeling like I don't really *need* both of my kidneys anymore... people run fine just on one right? 

That setup looks amazing. I just upgraded to a 1050 so I'll probably be running that until I die... 

Do they 3D print fully functional kidneys yet? asking for a friend. 

8 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

My Evolution Pro is alive...

Finally had some time to run some ammo this evening...  Nice and slow.

Case feeder is going to be the death of me... Seems cases are dislodging the Shell plate.

Just out of curiosity did the Evolution Pro come with a handle.  If so you could put the motor in neutral and run manually until everything is set up and working perfectly. 

6 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

Just out of curiosity did the Evolution Pro come with a handle.  If so you could put the motor in neutral and run manually until everything is set up and working perfectly. 

Yes, you use it to tension the belt.  It also has a hex end on the left side of the press where you can manually operate the press with a wrench/ratchet if needed

22 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

My Evolution Pro is alive...

Finally had some time to run some ammo this evening...  Nice and slow.

Case feeder is going to be the death of me... Seems cases are dislodging the Shell plate.

Looks great! Is it just me or are you expanding more than you need before the bullet feeder? On my 650 with the mr bullet feeder expander, the case expansion is minimal.

11 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Yes, there is a left side that you can attach a handle or socket wrench too to manually drive the Evo Pro - once the Mark 7 Autodrive is in netrual or stopped.

10 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Looks great! Is it just me or are you expanding more than you need before the bullet feeder? On my 650 with the mr bullet feeder expander, the case expansion is minimal.

I drive excessive flare as that it keeps the bullet in place and doesn't scrape the polymer coating when fired or pulled.  I could dial it back a bit, but then I deal with bullet toppeling and scraping issues.  It also could be that I use a Lee Undersize die and the bit more of flare/expansion is needed as my cases are a bit undersized as well.

Edited by armedmoose

25 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Yes, there is a left side that you can attach a handle or socket wrench too to manually drive the Evo Pro - once the Mark 7 Autodrive is in netrual or stopped.

I drive excessive flare as that it keeps the bullet in place and doesn't scrape the polymer coating when fired or pulled.  I could dial it back a bit, but then I deal with bullet toppeling and scraping issues.  It also could be that I use a Lee Undersize die and the bit more of flare/expansion is needed as my cases are a bit undersized as well.

Ahh ok. Havent started loading coated bullets yet, good to know. Glad to see your machine running smooth.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:16 PM, Norm37 said:

Hoever, there is no need for that. The tablet, on the setup screen, allows you to move the tool head to the bottom, then you can jog up and down or single cycle.

Basically, anything you could do manually you can do from the tablet.

Tanks:

What about when the next hurricane comes in or a long winter? We need to keep busy doing something if there is no power! ?

That's when the handle will come in "handy". (Sorry, I couldn't help it LOL)

Edited by LowBoost

All, got the following from DAA on my Evolution order this am. Guess I'll have to settle on a set up space this week! 

Yes, Mark 7 called yesterday to arrange shipment for 8 units. They need to get the weight and dimensions of the pallet load to me, so I can get them to our shipper. They won’t leave Mark 7 today, but I do expect them to leave early next week. Hopefully we can be shipping to you by next Friday.