Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

16 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

....  But with all the scrutiny companies get nowadays with the internet during an initial release it seems a bit unfair....

At the risk of shutting down another thread, from a none-practicing engineer without a business degree the above is more true in this thread than the other.  There sure are a ton of experts on how to open and successfully run a manufacturing company for reloaders.  I agree the wait sucks, I don’t want blemishes, I want to work perfect out of the box, and I want immediate answers to my questions now (for free).  We all need to share our goods, bads, and others with the product for others to decide on purchasing or help troubleshoot; not saying we shouldn’t do that.  The market is tiny, I wouldn’t risk my capital doing it.  I am glad they are doing it and I do have the cost of press invested.  Until I get it I am not spending more; if it is satisfactory I’ll add more sensors. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, andrewtac said:

There sure are a ton of experts on how to open and successfully run a manufacturing company for reloaders. 

I was not trying to be an expert. I just hope they did not bite off more than they can chew by taking so many orders.

Posted 15 hours ago  "In hindsight it would probably been better if they had just shipped the dealer orders.   Then taken care of all the complaints on those machines.  Made improvements on the Press and updated packaging Etc.  Gotten everything perfected and in working order before taking more orders."

Edited by Norm37

Perhaps that was their method to generate the required capital, I don’t like being a shareholder with no return.  

The thread is is riddled with complaints on their methods.  I was hesitant to point it out as last time the thread was closed.

My point is, let’s stop guessing or criticizing their practices; as we are not running the company.  The other option is it still is a free market, give it a go.  Rather we should offer criticism of the product in to improve it or offer praise of the product.  I suppose support can be considered the product as well, but means of delivery is up to them.

I have had my Evolution Pro since August and am very happy with it. I have loaded around 6000 rounds of 9mm and am begging friends to bring components and let me load for them. I am also interested in the primer collator. Primers are hard to keep up with. I am thrilled with my Evolution Pro. I applaud  Mark 7 for having the guts to take on such a large project of introducing the Evolution series of presses. Not a small task. I know waiting isn’t my strong suit either but I’m glad I did. When any of you get your press and have an issue or a question  I will be happy to try and help. I am not an electronics type person but mechanical I have a better chance. I look forward to every loading session. Thank- You Mark 7.

5 hours ago, andrewtac said:

Perhaps that was their method to generate the required capital, I don’t like being a shareholder with no return.  

The thread is is riddled with complaints on their methods.  I was hesitant to point it out as last time the thread was closed.

My point is, let’s stop guessing or criticizing their practices; as we are not running the company.  The other option is it still is a free market, give it a go.  Rather we should offer criticism of the product in to improve it or offer praise of the product.  I suppose support can be considered the product as well, but means of delivery is up to them.

Ok, No more posts until I receive my Evolution Press in December of this year or hopefully by the first quarter of 2019. If it takes longer I will just keep my frustration to myself.  

My reason for posting is I hope Mark 7 Reloading didn't rush to market to soon.  I didn't realize it was that much of a criticism or complaint.  It was just a thought I had.  I now realize I should have kept it to myself.

A couple of people have said they would post when they received their press.  That would help me know I was moving up on the preorder list at DAA.

I will thank them by PM instead of posting a thank you on this forum.

I will just lurk on this forum from now on. I do like reading others comments and seeing pictures of the Evolution Press all set up and in working order and anticipating the receipt of my Press.

Good bye,  Norm

Edited by Norm37

Update: MK 7 responded pretty quickly after I posted here and acknowledged and apologized for the minor damage. That's good enough for me and all I wanted.

Still have a problem with the casefeeder (.223) which is being reviewed. The press itself however, is great and runs like a dream. Very smooth, and capable of producing matchgrade .223 ammo (using ball powder H335). It sizes straight and seats the bullets straight (Forster FL sizer and Redding comp seater)!

I have no complaints about the working of the powder measure but still have to see how it will do with stick powder like N135, N540 and Varget. It is very accurate with ball powder H335 but that is no surprise. Most measure are with ball powders.

3 hours ago, Tan40 said:

I’m just saying my initial “new toy” knee jerk reaction is I liked loaded 223 on this machine better than I like loading 223 on my Dillon. I’ll post more once I have more time on the machine.

I'm curious, did your Press include the  auxiliary guide rod?  A fellow in another forum did not, he thinks its because he received his machine so early.

"Included with the Machine:  Rifle Caliber orders include the auxiliary guide rod pre-installed"

https://www.markvii-loading.com/The-Evolution_p_410.html

I'm  going to have to order it $149 when I receive my press as I ordered the press in 40 caliber.  I do want the second guide rod as it will help a lot with reducing any flex in the machine.

Edited by Norm37

5 hours ago, Tan40 said:

I received my Evolution two days ago.   I liked loaded 223 on this machine better than I like loading 223 on my Dillon. I’ll post more once I have more time on the machine. 

You might enjoy reading all the posts by jcwallace84 in another forum.  He has had his Evolution for a couple months now.  He also loads .223

His posts start about two thirds (showing the shipping box on his porch) of the way down page three and continues on through page four.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Mark-7-Reloading-s-new-Evolution-Pro-press/42-488088/?page=3

6 hours ago, quiller said:

Did you guys see Mk7 facebook post? Here’s a quote: “updated revision to our powder measure lower units ready to ship”. Sure hope one makes it onto my Evo.

anyone have any pics? I am guessing they are replacing the 3d printed part that connects the base to the top. 

8 hours ago, quiller said:

Did you guys see Mk7 facebook post? Here’s a quote: “updated revision to our powder measure lower units ready to ship”. Sure hope one makes it onto my Evo.

When was that? I didn't see it and I'm still having trouble with my powder measure getting stuck if I tighten the lower screws of the link arms.

2 hours ago, mikamarj said:

When was that? I didn't see it and I'm still having trouble with my powder measure getting stuck if I tighten the lower screws of the link arms.

It was posted yesterday, I saw it last night.

Well officially joining the Evo owners group soon.. Shipping label created, expected to arrive on Monday!

It has been a long wait, but now that it is almost here.. I cannot tumble enough brass and get more bullets ordered by monday...  5k would be a good learning batch right?

57 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Well officially joining the Evo owners group soon.. Shipping label created, expected to arrive on Monday!

It has been a long wait, but now that it is almost here.. I cannot tumble enough brass and get more bullets ordered by monday...  5k would be a good learning batch right?

Good for you. When and from where did you order?