Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

11 hours ago, dfox said:

If I remember correctly Microsoft pulled more crap with windows upgrades and forcing the consumer into using things in windows they did not want or need that I never thought they had anything to pay upfront for.?

Wow I  must be in trouble,  I have not used everything in Windows.  I don't remember getting an email from Microsoft telling me I had to use everything.  Maybe it's in my junk mail folder.  Nope not there.?

Edited by Norm37

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Norm37 said:

The Primer Collator is a little under a $1000

I would rather have the (Primer Collator) than the Dillon RF 100 Lg. Primer Filler $344.95.  With the Dillon you would have to stop the press every 100 rounds and fill the primer tube.  But at least you would not have to use primer pickup tubes.

Agree, but I’m not ordering anything else until I get, set up and run the Evo for a bit. After that and if folks are saying good things I’ll sell the RF and get the collator.

Right now I have no issues pulling the handle so manual will do just fine.

As for Microsoft! I’m not sure I could dislike an operation system more. I think Win 10 should be tossed out immediately.  I actually run a hack that emulates Win 7!

As for your rant....No worries. Its good to get it out! 

Alan

5 hours ago, quiller said:

Agree, but I’m not ordering anything else until I get, set up and run the Evo for a bit. After that and if folks are saying good things I’ll sell the RF and get the collator.

Alan

I think if I already had the RF I would not buy the primer collator until I was ready to convert my Evolution to the Evolution Pro. A short arm rest every 100 rounds?

Ps. Alan would you let me know if the Dillon RF fills the primer tube completely while you are pulling the handle on the Evolution 100 times.

I would love the Collator but the $650 saving with the Dillon RF is tempting.  As I don't think I will ever automate my Evolution.

Edited by Norm37

5 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Ps. Alan would you let me know if the Dillon RF fills the primer tube completely while you are pulling the handle on the Evolution 100 times.

I would love the Collator but the $650 saving with the Dillon RF is tempting.  As I don't think I will ever automate my Evolution.

The short answer is yes. There is a 2 minute timer on the Dillon RF, I had it slowed down enough to fill the tube as the timer is expiring (slower the speed, less chance of a flipped primer). Of course I no longer need it, you can have it for $289 shipped ;) 

6 hours ago, Norm37 said:

I think if I already had the RF I would not buy the primer collator until I was ready to convert my Evolution to the Evolution Pro. A short arm rest every 100 rounds?

Norm, tanks nailed it. 2 minutes of pulling on the handle will fill a tube. At $289 shipped I'd be all over that one like a fly on fresh......

1 hour ago, tanks said:

The short answer is yes. There is a 2 minute timer on the Dillon RF, I had it slowed down enough to fill the tube as the timer is expiring (slower the speed, less chance of a flipped primer). Of course I no longer need it, you can have it for $289 shipped ;) 

I sent you a PM check your email.  Please reserve it for me.

Ps. I will put a check in the mail Monday.

Edited by Norm37

Hi,

Just wanted to share some pics of minor damage with which my manual Evo came out of the box. Nothing really serious but it still feels like a scratch on my new car. I informed MK7 of this a week ago but have not recieved a response. That's why I'm now posting this here.

Evo1.jpg

Evo2.jpg

Evo3.jpg

Edited by RGA

"Just wanted to share some pics of minor damage with which my manual Evo came out of the box. Nothing really serious but it still feels like a scratch on my new car. I informed MK7 of this a week ago but have not recieved a response."

That is very troubling; both that it came that way and that they have not responded.

I can live with the slight damage but the lack of response/acknowledgement is what's most annoying to me. I know they're overwhelmed but it has been a week now. Same thing with the MK 7 community. When you post something it needs to be approved by a moderator. Fair enough, but it took them 6 days to approve a post. I'm not really impressed.... I just posted another question about a case feeder issue. Let's see how long it will take to get an answer.

7 hours ago, RGA said:

Hi,

Just wanted to share some pics of minor damage with which my manual Evo came out of the box. Nothing really serious but it still feels like a scratch on my new car. I informed MK7 of this a week ago but have not recieved a response. That's why I'm now posting this here.

Hi RGA

This is really troubling about the lack of response from Mark 7.

I think you also need to let DAA know about this.   Also send them the pictures of all the damage.  Hopefully DAA will go to bat for you on your problem with Mark 7.  Also mention the collator even if you didn't order it from DAA.

DAA needs to know about how Mark 7 is handling problems with customers as they are a distributor of Mark 7 products. Especially those products that where  ordered through DAA

That third picture is kind of weird.  I wonder if it was some kind of repair attempt to get the part working???

That is the kind of unit manufactures would sell at a discount as a damaged and refurbished product but in working order.

Norm

Edited by Norm37

7 hours ago, RGA said:

Hi Le Cool,

Got it through Double Alpha.

Have you contacted DAA?. For cosmetic damage I'd say they would be the first to contact. Especially for the fact that you are in Holland. M7 can't send you a replacement without export and ITAR documentation etc.. DAA already has the supply line documentation in place. Most likely you will have to work through DAA if you want replacement parts.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:55 PM, Thetimb said:

It's a good product I just think they are overwhelmed. I have a support ticket that I opened on monday and havent heard anything back on.

I have had an issue with the press that they thought was just the cable from the motor to the control box but it appears its the actual connectors on the control box.

My press is dead in the water. 

Just an update. I worked with Michael from support with Mark7 all week, we did some FaceTime video so he could see what was going on.  They are RMA’ing the control box which appears to be the problem that has been causing me pain for a while. The customer service from Mark 7 is top notch and why I continue to spend a lot of money with them. 

To anyone on the fence about customer service I would not worry about it. You are buying a great product and they will go above and beyond to make their customers happy. 

Edited by Thetimb

To the point of damage during shipping.  Mine had a few small areas that had a machined corner somewhat deformed, but it may have been me, I'm not sure.  Since it will only get more used from this point on, it doesn't bother me.  Immaculate and inspired packaging may not be what they had for my particular press (compared to hornady per se), however, these things take time to plan and man hours to implement.  Right now this is probably what they don't have with such a big backlog.   

You all must remember, this press is in its infancy.  Imagine the first dillons back in the 70's.  Such a different time that was I'm sure, as I wasn't born yet.  But with all the scrutiny companies get nowadays with the internet during an initial release it seems a bit unfair.  Heck, from what I've read, it took decades for the AR15 to get to where it is today.  

This press is amazing for the money.  If I wanted a cheap but irritating progressive press I would have stuck with my Hornady.  As a medical resident I just do not have enough time to spend reloading.  But I still like shooting when I can and still hate spending money on junk ammo.  As a former engineer, this thing is quite "robust" in terms of what it's built for.  Machining is amazing, and function is solid and reliable.  It is a bit pricey, but I'm in it for the long term.  

" However, these things take time to plan and man hours to implement.  Right now this is probably what they don't have with such a big backlog."

I've been thinking the same thing.  I hope they did not make a mistake accepting all the individual orders.

In hindsight it would probably been better if they had just shipped the dealer orders.   Then taken care of all the complaints on those machines.  Made improvements on the Press and updated packaging Etc.  Gotten everything perfected and in working order before taking more orders.

"This press is amazing for the money.  If I wanted a cheap but irritating progressive press I would have stuck with my Hornady."

Good to hear, I'm getting by with my Hornady Lock N Load.

Now in a way, I am kind of glad I am last on the DAA preorder list.  Hopefully Mark 7 gets some of the kinks worked out before mine ships in two or three months.

Edited by Norm37

56 minutes ago, jnr88 said:

There are no former engineers. We either practice or not. Good luck with your new press.

Haha, funny. We could take this off on an interesting tangent. "And what qualifies you to be an engineer?" A degree, what you do or don't do? Certainly a lack of proper grammar is a requirement (a knock against myself). 

Anyways, looks like I'm slated for October. Glad to see Mark 7 is catching up with production. It can't be easy to source all the machined parts and maintain the level of quality we expect while keeping everything cost effective. I'd prefer they take their time and deliver a higher quality product than meet "deadlines" with quality products.  

4 hours ago, jnr88 said:

There are no former engineers. We either practice or not. Good luck with your new press.

Lol, true enough, unlike several of my former classmates, I actually did practice in industry, aerospace, stress, for 6yr. Spoiled me with Ti and fancy aluminum alloys, 7050-T7451 I used quite a bit.  Nothing makes me laugh like seeing companies brag about using “aerospace grade” aluminum and then find out its 6061. But it’ll get the job done if thick enough I guess.

As to the powder measure, mine has been working fine. I have it stop about 1/4in from the most travel it will do, I’ve never had it bind or get stuck. After reading other people say the nut would get loose I just made an indexing mark with a sharpie and tightened it gently with an adjustable wrench. I have loaded about 400rnd 223 so far. It has stayed very true. 

Range report: 

Mixed once fired mil brass - Ramshot TAC 25.3gr - Hornady 55gr FMJ bulk - CCI 400 primers 

BCM ELW 14.5in AR - temporarily fitted with 9x scope for load development -  bipod and rear bag rest 

3 shot groups were 1.1, 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0 moa at 100yds. 

Very good for that light weight barrel and 14.5in.