Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nigels1911 said:

@Laurent_FR This powder measure that you are referring to was tested in our testing room and metered well. We'd like to get it back to see what is going on  - we will get in touch with you through our support system as Enos rules do not allow support directly on the site.

Sincerely,

Mark 7

Good for Mark7.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, jcwallace84 said:

Take my money! lol  Yes I will be buying this!  I want the audible warning type of power check for sure.

Just wanted to correct this as a mistake was made in the heat of excitement and needed to remedy this debacle.

The mistake was on us for mixing up the powder check with low primer alert in your initial inquiry, we apologize for the conundrum that has caused you.

We will fix this for you if you purchased this sensor in error and once again sorry for the mix up.

Mark 7 Team

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Mark7 said:

Good Morning,

Just wanted to clear some air here that mark 7 uses its own design and that it is not a Hornady powder measure.

Also could you recommend to us where you heard this so we can correct this there as well please sir? 

Thank you,

Mark 7 Team

Hi Mark 7 Team

I replied back to you with my source .  You still have not gotten back to me.

Posted July 1

"I am not to sure about that.. If you look at the Evolution PRO picture on their website, if you zoom in on the Powder Measure, it has a sticker on it ; Manufactured by HORNADY" 

Is the above correct or not?  You implied I was spreading erroneous information.  If the above is true I was not.

Also posted on July 1

"Go back a page or two and you will see pictures of what they are shipping." 

Did you ever at anytime use a Hornady Powder Measure?

On 9/14/2018 at 12:37 PM, Norm37 said:

Thanks

I keep checking this Thread every day to see if you have gotten yours.  Maybe Mark 7 sends Presses in a batch to dealers near the end of the month.  I hope they send a bunch, as I want to move up on the list. 

Norm37, Here's what DAA said: "I’ve got a call into Mark 7 to find out when we will be receiving our next Evo units. I’ll keep bugging them until I get an answer"

Hopefully Mark 7 will respond soon. I'm seriously low on ammo (and dislike buying it) so it will be presses into action (no pun intended) as soon as I get it.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Norm37, Here's what DAA said: "I’ve got a call into Mark 7 to find out when we will be receiving our next Evo units. I’ll keep bugging them until I get an answer"

Hopefully Mark 7 will respond soon. I'm seriously low on ammo (and dislike buying it) so it will be presses into action (no pun intended) as soon as I get it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  

Copy of Crossed fingers 2.jpg

Edited by Norm37

1 hour ago, Norm37 said:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  

Copy of Crossed fingers 2.jpg

Take off your shoes and cross your toes! I was thinking of telling my mom in Ireland, she's be off to the church to pray to St. Antony, apparently he's good at finding things! ?

38 minutes ago, quiller said:

Take off your shoes and cross your toes! I was thinking of telling my mom in Ireland, she's be off to the church to pray to St. Antony, apparently he's good at finding things! ?

Footsteps_4.gif

I tried.  My foots moving to fast to cross my toes.  Sorry,  Hopefully Mark 7 moves this fast getting presses ready to ship to DAA.

Edited by Norm37

On 9/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, mikamarj said:

I'm reloading 9mm with my Evolution Pro and with the Lee undersize sizing die that came with the machine, it was difficult or impossible to load without lubing the cases. Today I got my Redding titanium carbide sizing die and that seems to do the trick, now with clutch setting 7-8 (out of 0-20) it works smoothly!

I am reloading 9 mm with the lee undersized die with hornady lube and run the clutch at 3 with no problems If you ever load once fired blazer brass it will not hold a bullet without undersizing. Learned that lesson the hard way. If you use new brass no problem with std dies.

On 6/29/2018 at 10:23 PM, Thetimb said:

Just a couple notes/issues I had when installing. I had to double up the washers on the pole connector piece. Using the single washers depicted in the instructions had way too much wobble and slack.

Same here, the pole connector screws included were too long.

Edited by RGA

On 9/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, Norm37 said:

Hi Mark 7 Team

I replied back to you with my source .  You still have not gotten back to me.

Posted July 1

"I am not to sure about that.. If you look at the Evolution PRO picture on their website, if you zoom in on the Powder Measure, it has a sticker on it ; Manufactured by HORNADY" 

Is the above correct or not?  You implied I was spreading erroneous information.  If the above is true I was not.

Also posted on July 1

"Go back a page or two and you will see pictures of what they are shipping." 

Did you ever at anytime use a Hornady Powder Measure?

Norm, I think you can take a deep breath. I don't think M7 is trying to accuse you of anything. They probably want to know if it is publicly out there that they are shipping with Hornady powder measures (which isn't true)

The PRE-PRODUCTION machine that was being trotted around to matches had a Hornady measure on it to fill the space and show the stations. Not a single Evo or Evo Pro press has left their facility with a Hornady powder measure on the machine. The Pre-Production/Demo machine was just for demos and public consumption.

5 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

Norm, I think you can take a deep breath. I don't think M7 is trying to accuse you of anything. They probably want to know if it is publicly out there that they are shipping with Hornady powder measures (which isn't true)

I knew they where shipping powder measures with their own design.

Also posted on July 1  "Go back a page or two and you will see pictures of what they are shipping." 

The PRE-PRODUCTION machine that was being trotted around to matches had a Hornady measure on it to fill the space and show the stations. Not a single Evo or Evo Pro press has left their facility with a Hornady powder measure on the machine. The Pre-Production/Demo machine was just for demos and public consumption.

What irks me is they did not say what you said above.  As there was at one time a Hornady Powder measure on their Press.

I and my source did not need to be corrected.  We just needed to be brought up to date.

Now I am irked because Mark 7 has not responded to two of my replies in this thread to them.  But they sure can respond to a reply I sent to another poster.

I am pretty sure I will like and enjoy using the Evolution Press I have on order.  I am not so sure about my opinion of the company as I am still forming that opinion???

Ps.  I am holding off my final opinion until after I receive my press.  I have tried asking some technical questions.  The sales people haven't a clue how to answer them.  I can't use technical support or get a PDF manual until I have my Press and serial number.  Now that really sucks. Thumb Down

I am glad I ordered the Evolution Press as I am pretty sure I can get it up and running and take care of any small glitches without ever needing technical support.  Not so sure if I upgrade to a evolution Pro.  I will hold off on that upgrade until I get a better feel about the company.

Edited by Norm37

16 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

I knew they where shipping powder measures with their own design.

Also posted on July 1  "Go back a page or two and you will see pictures of what they are shipping." 

What irks me is they did not say what you said above.  As there was at one time a Hornady Powder measure on their Press.

I and my source did not need to be corrected.  We just needed to be brought up to date.

Now I am irked because Mark 7 has not responded to two of my replies in this thread to them.  But they sure can respond to a reply I sent to another poster.

I am pretty sure I will like and enjoy using the Evolution Press I have on order.  I am not so sure about my opinion of the company as I am still forming that opinion???

Ps.  I am holding off my final opinion until after I receive my press.  I have tried asking some technical questions.  The sales people haven't a clue how to answer them.  I can't use technical support or get a PDF manual until I have my Press and serial number.  Now that really sucks.

It seems this poster is having a bad experience with a very expensive  machine.  Perhaps it would be best to cancel the order and go with another option.  At this rate it may be difficult to be happy with them, and that's a hard way to begin a relationship with a complicated machine. 

37 minutes ago, teros135 said:

It seems this poster is having a bad experience with a very expensive  machine.  Perhaps it would be best to cancel the order and go with another option.  At this rate it may be difficult to be happy with them, and that's a hard way to begin a relationship with a complicated machine. 

I like the Evolution and what owners have said about it on this thread and other sites.  It is a mechanical press and should not be that complicated, like the revolution or the Pro.

It is the company that frosts me.  Also the subscription service for technical support.   That is why I didn't order a Evolution Pro or a Revolution, and don't think I will ever upgrade to the Evolution Pro.

What kind of back water company does not even have a PDF manual available for potential purchasers to study in this day and age????

Yes, I have thought about cancelling my order, and am still pondering doing that, and going with a Dillon 1050. 

DAA say my Press should be ready to ship in  November or December and I can get a full refund of my deposit if I cancel.   So I have plenty of time to make my decision.

Edited by Norm37

1 minute ago, Norm37 said:

...It is the company that frosts me.  Also the subscription service for technical support.   That is why I didn't order a Evolution Pro or a Revolution, and don't think I will ever upgrade to the Evolution Pro.

The subscription service is for priority technical support, not for regular technical support. That is actually pretty standard in the automation and software industry. If you have the Evolution, it being a manual press, most likely you do not need the priority support. Not to mention that the cost is pretty small percentage compared to the cost of the Revolution or the Pro and first year's is included with the Revolution.

46 minutes ago, Norm37 said:

I like the Evolution and what owners have said about it on this thread and other sites.  It is a mechanical press and should not be that complicated, like the revolution or the Pro.

It is the company that frosts me.  Also the subscription service for technical support.   That is why I didn't order a Evolution Pro or a Revolution, and don't think I will ever upgrade to the Evolution Pro.

What kind of back water company does not even have a PDF manual available for potential purchasers to study in this day and age????

I agree on the manuals, cannot understand why hide them. Other than that I would give the company some slack, it's a young company that created a product that immediatelly got so much demand that they are having hard time building enough of them. I'm sure they will catch up on the other stuff once the initial burst of orders is fulfilled.

I previously got a 1050, upgraded to Evolution Pro. Not regretting the switch -- if it fits your budget, it's superior machine compared to the Dillon.

2 hours ago, mikamarj said:

I previously got a 1050, upgraded to Evolution Pro. Not regretting the switch -- if it fits your budget, it's superior machine compared to the Dillon.

Good to hear.  Thanks. 

With the Evolution I should be able to take care of any care of any glitches with user support on various sites and not have to depend on the company.

Edited by Norm37

4 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Good to hear.  Thanks. 

With the Evolution I should be able to take care of any care of any glitches with user support on various sites and not have to depend on the company.

Not really.  Good luck. 

37 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Not really.  Good luck. 

Here are two Dillon 1050 user threads offering help with problems.  These two are right on this site

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/183371-dillon-super-1050-shellplate-advance-problem/

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/775-1050-primer-feed-problems/

Here is an after market product for the Dillon 1050

http://txbrassworks.com/shop/dillon-1050-bearing-kit/

Are you telling me it will be different for the Evolution and I won't be able to find this kind of help for it?

For mechanical products, there usually is a lot of help on the internet.  Google is your friend.

I really really really think I will be able to find help.  If this "Not really.  Good luck." was true, I would cancel my order. 

Can you tell me why you believe what you posted  "Not really" ???

Edited by Norm37

1 hour ago, Norm37 said:

Are you telling me it will be different for the Evolution and I won't be able to find this kind of help for it?

For mechanical products, there usually is a lot of help on the internet.  Google is your friend.

I really really really think I will be able to find help.  If this "Not really.  Good luck." was true, I would cancel my order. 

Can you tell me why you believe what you posted  "Not really" ???

He probably means that there aren't many out in the wild yet.  Mark 7 tech support has been very responsive to my issues and communicated via email, text message,  phone calls and video conferencing (so they could actually see what is happening). I have had follow ups even late in the evening via text and phone calls.  Pre-sales support has been lacking as their newly hired sales staff has not been fully trained in the product.

Looking at their forums I see a number of new registration welcome messages daily on the Evolution.

So, I think the user community will get there. I understand your impatience in regards to manuals etc., but in a previous post  links to the manuals have been posted by members here (either this thread or the other Evolution/Revolution thread).

2 hours ago, tanks said:

He probably means that there aren't many out in the wild yet.  Mark 7 tech support has been very responsive to my issues and communicated via email, text message,  phone calls and video conferencing (so they could actually see what is happening). I have had follow ups even late in the evening via text and phone calls.  Pre-sales support has been lacking as their newly hired sales staff has not been fully trained in the product.

That's very good to hear.  I have not been able to talk to Tec Support as I don't have my press and a serial number.  The sales staff haven't clue on answering any Tec questions

Looking at their forums I see a number of new registration welcome messages daily on the Evolution.

Also good to hear

So, I think the user community will get there. I understand your impatience in regards to manuals etc., but in a previous post  links to the manuals have been posted by members here (either this thread or the other Evolution/Revolution thread).

I went to a couple of those and the manual was not available anymore.

Ps. I went back and checked, this is the message I get.

"This link is deleted by the owner."

I am guessing Mark 7 won't let this sites owner or the person who made the manual available give links to a PDF of their manual ??? If so that really sucks.

Edited by Norm37

@Norm37 ...  I found the manual somewhere on this site yesterday. I can’t remeber which thread. I know it had a “google docs” link if that helps. Heck, just PM me your email and I’ll email it to you. I’m in the same boat as you in that I have placed an order but can’t get Mark7 forum access until I have my press. It says V1.0 on it so it’s most likely been updated since release but it’s a start at least.

there are PDF manuals for the machines, but you have to actually buy the machine to get into the MK7 website to be able to download them. While irksome, I don't see a big deal with this. I printed off my Revo manual and took it downstairs to do the setup, all 15 minutes or whatever it was that it took me to set it up.

17 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Yes, I have thought about cancelling my order, and am still pondering doing that, and going with a Dillon 1050. 

DAA say my Press should be ready to ship in  November or December and I can get a full refund of my deposit if I cancel.   So I have plenty of time to make my decision.

I wouldn’t cancel, It is an awesome machine. I have the evolution pro with bullet sense,powder sense,low primer sense and it runs like a top. Have had a few glitches and got them worked out. Very solid machine and tech support has been great. And I didn’t pay for any special support package. I have had Hornady, and Dillion and they all have learning curves. My choice would be the Evolution. A press can not have too many stages. 10 stages is the only way to go. And the priming system is great. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, dfox said:

I wouldn’t cancel, It is an awesome machine. I have the evolution pro with bullet sense,powder sense,low primer sense and it runs like a top. Have had a few glitches and got them worked out. Very solid machine and tech support has been great. And I didn’t pay for any special support package. I have had Hornady, and Dillion and they all have learning curves. My choice would be the Evolution. A press can not have too many stages. 10 stages is the only way to go. And the priming system is great. Hope this helps.

With all the positive feedback from users on this forum I will not cancel my order.

Thanks, Norm