Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

got my evolution pro and it works well had a few minor issues but got most fixed got bullet sense and can't get it to adjust like it is suppose to. waiting to hear on that.  I now need to order more bullets to continue playing. I have the powder sense,bullet sense,primer sense,and swage sense. everything works but bullet sense and it is kicking my butt.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, quiller said:

Got an update from DAA today on my Evo press order. I finally made it to #1 spot so a few more weeks and I should have it. Doing the happy dance!

what date did you order from a dealer or Mark 7 ?

I ordered an EVO February 3 at M 7.

Thank

9 minutes ago, cool said:

what date did you order from a dealer or Mark 7 ?

I ordered an EVO February 3 at M 7.

Thank

Short answer is June 5th. The long answers is......I initially called Mark 7 at the end of May and chatted with them about ordering one directly from them. They told me that DAA and Shooters Connection had them at pre-order pricing: 1 x Pre-Order Mark 7 EVOLUTION including dies and Mr.BulletFeeder for $2,499.00. I don't really need the dies, but I'll take then and the press was cheaper than buying directly from Mark 7. Also, Mark 7 or DAA had no idea when they would start shipping. I kicked the idea around for a few day and on June 5th I ordered one from the DAA site and received a confirmation email stating my order was in and they would let me know when it shipped. I emailed DAA every 4 weeks since ordering and I was 6th, then 3rd and now I'm #1 for the next one they get.

41 minutes ago, cool said:

Thank you Quiller.
7 months that I paid ...

7 months is a long time! Typically I prefer to but directly from the manufacture whenever possible but given the price and extra dies and now the time frame I'm happy I went with DAA. Was buying from a vendor even an option for you in France when you initially placed your order?

50 minutes ago, quiller said:

7 months is a long time! Typically I prefer to but directly from the manufacture whenever possible but given the price and extra dies and now the time frame I'm happy I went with DAA. Was buying from a vendor even an option for you in France when you initially placed your order?

When I ordered from M7 to my knowledge there was no reseller in Europe

5 hours ago, teros135 said:

So, like ddc said...

It sure gives me pause, too.  Maybe we should wait until they get the bugs out.

I have a revolution sitting in my shopping cart, but I am having a hard time dropping nearly 12k on something so new....

4 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

I have a revolution sitting in my shopping cart, but I am having a hard time dropping nearly 12k on something so new....

Personally, I think every Revolution should include startup by a tech (a day on site) to dial in the machine. The machine comes to your location, you unpack, set up all your dies etc., then the tech comes in (with a variety of spare parts) to dial it in with a minimum of 10K rounds produced by the time he leaves.

14 hours ago, tanks said:

Personally, I think every Revolution should include startup by a tech (a day on site) to dial in the machine. The machine comes to your location, you unpack, set up all your dies etc., then the tech comes in (with a variety of spare parts) to dial it in with a minimum of 10K rounds produced by the time he leaves.

Now that would be a first class way to do business....

1 hour ago, Smithcity said:

I'm sure it could be done. Would likely double the cost of your press! Not many of us would shell out the $$ for that service.

I doubt it would double. If there are local techs available (down the line) you are looking at a day's labor. Flying someone out, then your are looking at a day plus travel time, plus expenses. Still a lot less than doubling the cost of the press. For a commercial entity that is buying multiple presses it is a no brainer. For an individual, it depends on the circumstances.

10 hours ago, dfox said:

I have also used a hornady lnl powder measure on the evolution and it doesn’t slam shut like the mark 7 and the adjustment screw does not loosen. But I want to get the  mark 7 powder measure fixed. I did run the hornady measure at 2200 rounds an hour and it worked fine. I was using N320 set at 4.1 gr and checked it every 50 rounds the measurements varied 4.0 - 4.2 but was mostly 4.1.   I get about the same with the mark 7 measure that is using mixed range brass. I think the mark 7 measure is smoother operating. If I drill and tap mine I’ll let you know how that works

Being as you have both powder measures  are they the same?   I had heard on another site that the mark 7 and the LNL where the same powder measure..

If so the LNL metering might fit the Mark 7  Powder measure?   This might fit and not come loosen or change the setting. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/615914/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-micrometer-for-handgun-rotor-and-metering-assembly

Another thought is to buy a few of these that are for the Mark 7 Powder measure (or hopefully LNL fit) and red lock tight them after setting the amount of powder for your load.  A different one for each caliber and load.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/631849/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-handgun-metering-assembly

I just joined the Forum today as I am thinking about upgrading my LNL to a 7 stage Press and came across the Evolution which is even better.

Edited by Norm37

1 hour ago, Norm37 said:

Being as you have both powder measures  are they the same?   I had heard on another site that the mark 7 and the LNL where the same powder measure..

If so the LNL metering might fit the Mark 7  Powder measure?   This might fit and not come loosen or change the setting. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/615914/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-micrometer-for-handgun-rotor-and-metering-assembly

Another thought is to buy a few of these that are for the Mark 7 Powder measure (or hopefully LNL fit) and red lock tight them after setting the amount of powder for your load.  A different one for each caliber and load.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/631849/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-handgun-metering-assembly

I just joined the Forum today as I am thinking about upgrading my LNL to a 7 stage Press and came across the Evolution which is even better.

Good Morning,

Just wanted to clear some air here that mark 7 uses its own design and that it is not a Hornady powder measure.

Also could you recommend to us where you heard this so we can correct this there as well please sir? 

Thank you,

Mark 7 Team

1 hour ago, Mark7 said:

Good Morning,

Just wanted to clear some air here that mark 7 uses its own design and that it is not a Hornady powder measure.

Also could you recommend to us where you heard this so we can correct this there as well please sir? 

Thank you,

Mark 7 Team

It was during one my google internet searches I will try and see where I saw it.

I might have miss quoted and it might have said the same design.???

I did look at the picture of the Mark 7 powder measure and it doe's look like the Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Measure Micrometer for Handgun Rotor and Metering Assembly would fit.

I also said: "Another thought is to buy a few of these that are for the Mark 7 Powder measure (or hopefully LNL fit)  and red lock tight them after setting the amount of powder for your load."  I said this in case they where not the same.

This is my first post I joined today.  I just had a thought one of these might solve the problem and not loosen and change the powder setting.

Sorry if your a moderator please feel free to delete my post.  I will not post anything I have heard in the future with out going back and finding the source so I can post that also.  My bad. 

The OP has both powder measures and I just wanted to try and confirm if they where the same or not.

I am off to do some internet searching to see if I can find the source.  I will post the source here if my reply has not been deleted.

Sorry, Norm

Edited by Norm37

2 hours ago, Mark7 said:

Good Morning,

Thank you,

Mark 7 Team

Hi Mark 7 Team

I found it:

"And how easy are caliber change overs? Aside from the change over required with the mr bullet feeder and case feeder and powder hopper that is. I have a Hornady LNL AP and it looks like the same powder measure and case feeder so that would make the transition to the evolution a little easier. And I put a Mr bullet feeder on my Hornady so already have one."

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Mark-7-Reloading-s-new-Evolution-Pro-press/42-488088/?page=2

Reply  Posted: 4/6/2018 7:04:46 PM PDT    On page two of the thread.

Being that dfox has both powder measures I was just trying to confirm the above. Sorry I did not quote the source in my original reply.

Also your design and the LNL design do look a lot alike.

I still wonder if some of the parts are interchangeable?  Do you think the metering part I mentioned would fit your designed powder measure?  Do you have the metering part I mentioned available for sell?

Thanks, Norm 37

Edited by Norm37
Ps.

It may have been me that said that. Back when I pre ordered the press we really didn’t know exacts about some of the features including case feeding and powder measure. 

Now I have owned both. The Mark 7 powder measure is different and much more engineered and refined than the Hornady in my opinion, which is an engineers opinion. 

I feel bad bad if I contributed to misinformation, but Mark 7 you should change the picture on your site which is old and the powder measure, when zoomed up looks a lot like a Hornady.

People should know that the Mark 7 powder measure is different and substantially more robust in terms of build!!!!

Everything about that press is much more modern and refined in terms of build than compared to cast metal presses from the Red, Green and Blue companies! 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:37 AM, tanks said:

On an Evolution the case will be almost at 1 o'clock after the powder station and you will not be able to see into it from where you are actuating the handle. So, a solution to verify that there is powder in the case would be needed. Personally, I'd just set up a camera solution. It is pretty inexpensive and doesn't take much time to set up. When you automate I'd go hog wild on all the sensors. PrimerSense and PowderSense would be a necessity IMO. BulletSense is a nice to have. TorqueSense and SwageSense I think come with the Evolution Pro.

I was hoping I would be able to use my RCBS Lockout die.  Do you think that would work? 

I will probably never automate the press???

Edited by Norm37