Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Judo said:

And by the way,  Mark 7 is no longer taking orders for Evolution press as of July 31 until they catch up with their backlog of existing orders. 

Wow, guess demand beat expectations. Though one can order it through the package builder until they fix the web site ;) 

Edited by tanks

12 minutes ago, tanks said:

Wow, guess demand beat exceptions. Though one can order it through the package builder until they fix the web site ;) 

I had the order sitting in my cart on their website ready to go but I didn’t buy the stuff because I couldn’t find the swage adapter for the evolution. Since I already had an auto drive. I tried to place the order the next day and it wouldn’t let me so I called Mark seven and they said that they were sorry but they just couldn’t take on any more orders until they catch up. And then they talked me into a new evolution pro. 

45 minutes ago, andrewtac said:

Any change they gave an estimate?  I ordered a few weeks ago and they estimated September.  After finding this thread September seems very optimistic.

They didn’t give an estimate for taking Evolution again.  They are taking orders still for the Evolution Pro.  

I asked DAA for an update on my Evolution order and here's what they said "Your 3rd on the list." That's 3 better than when I asked on June 2nd. If this trend continues I should have it the first week in September. 

I’m seriously thinking about cancelling the order for the Evolution Pro and going with the Revolution.  We have our FFL type 6 to produce ammo and are in the booming stages of getting production ramped up.  We could either get two Evolution Pro’s or one Revolution.  Should we go all in with a Revolution or would it be better to have some redincancy with two machines?

11 minutes ago, Judo said:

I’m seriously thinking about cancelling the order for the Evolution Pro and going with the Revolution.  We have our FFL type 6 to produce ammo and are in the booming stages of getting production ramped up.  We could either get two Evolution Pro’s or one Revolution.  Should we go all in with a Revolution or would it be better to have some redincancy with two machines?

I changed my order from Evo Pro to Revolution for a few reasons. Complete automation including the primer collator and automated powder dispenser, more powerful drive, and easy mounting of MRBFeeder Pro, and finally the short delivery timeframe for the Revolution. I placed my order on June 28th, the trucking company will be delivering it on August 6th between 11:00 and 15:00. I was on a sailing vacation for most of July, so timing worked out. In reality I have been waiting for it only a week or so ;) 

1 hour ago, tanks said:

I changed my order from Evo Pro to Revolution for a few reasons. Complete automation including the primer collator and automated powder dispenser, more powerful drive, and easy mounting of MRBFeeder Pro, and finally the short delivery timeframe for the Revolution. I placed my order on June 28th, the trucking company will be delivering it on August 6th between 11:00 and 15:00. I was on a sailing vacation for most of July, so timing worked out. In reality I have been waiting for it only a week or so ;) 

Thanks for the info.  I’d be super exited for the delivery of your Revolution.  

Really interested in some Mark 7 products (1050 pro, evolution, revolution), saw them at shot show, we tried to place an order but the wait was terribly long and we had to move on (missed out on the discount). We've called Mark 7 several times with the intent of asking technical questions to narrow down what we wanted to purchase, every time we call we get a sales person that doesn't know the in's and out's of their products. We've been told we would get a call back, this has happened several times over ~3 weeks. No calls back. We just want to ask some questions before placing a $20k-$30k order. Makes me wonder what type of support I'd get if I really had a problem. Has me worried. Products look great, I'm dying for the automatic primer collator, not sure if I feel like waiting weeks+ to get answers to simple questions then wait months before something comes in, then having to ask questions or needing support and not being able to get a hold of anyone. 

@smithcity I agree with you in regards to initial information flow. I had the same issues as you after the shot show. They had hired new personnel for sales that really didn't have knowledge of the product and were just coming up to speed themselves. However, now that all 3 products are shipping, and the manuals are printed (and already updated a couple of times online) the information flow is there. 

In regards to post sales support I think that is there based on a lot of people's input. I don't even have my Revolution yet and a few questions I had in regards to set up has been answered fairly quickly. 

Also, if you are looking at the Revolution with the automatic collator the wait is about 30 days not months.

On 8/2/2018 at 5:21 PM, Judo said:

And by the way,  Mark 7 is no longer taking orders for Evolution press as of July 31 until they catch up with their backlog of existing orders. 

I hope my order delay is due to the autodrive conversion parts....

Here's hoping... I'll see mine in August as promised on their production schedule....  Ordered Feb 13th.  

Cmon guys let's see some videos of Evolution Pro (not Revolution) running and making ammo ! IF you guys also have chrono'd your rounds can we get the data please and what OAL / Powder you are using, Thanks

Will start loading on it tonight or next week. Actually waiting on a seating die, but can use the Lee it came with until then I guess. Only negative now is I dont have a RF100 or the primer collator, so have to use pickup tubes. And the tube that came with the evolution is beyong good. Have to use force to get the primers in the tube, not smooth and easy like Dillon tubes.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

8 hours ago, max1337 said:

Cmon guys let's see some videos of Evolution Pro (not Revolution) running and making ammo ! IF you guys also have chrono'd your rounds can we get the data please and what OAL / Powder you are using, Thanks

Yeah, seriously ? 

Follow up to my earlier comment. Got a hold of Sean and Dan at Mark 7, they set me straight. Dan spent a fair amount of time entertaining all my questions, very knowledgeable and helpful. As others stated, I'm guessing they are pretty swamped with work, and staffing good sales people that know the technical in's and out's of your products doesn't happen over night. Sean answered the questions he knew, didn't feed me B.S. on questions he didn't and handed me over to Dan for the rest. If they keep innovating, have competent design engineers, and keep knowledgeable people like Dan, and over time grow the technical chops of the phone staff, Mark 7 will be an unstoppable force. I would expect after a cycle or two of evolution / revolution shipments they will get a good rhythm. 

I'll be placing an order. Now for that Evolution primer collator! Sounds like a primer orientation sensor is on the way as well.

18 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Follow up to my earlier comment. Got a hold of Sean and Dan at Mark 7, they set me straight. Dan spent a fair amount of time entertaining all my questions, very knowledgeable and helpful. As others stated, I'm guessing they are pretty swamped with work, and staffing good sales people that know the technical in's and out's of your products doesn't happen over night. Sean answered the questions he knew, didn't feed me B.S. on questions he didn't and handed me over to Dan for the rest. If they keep innovating, have competent design engineers, and keep knowledgeable people like Dan, and over time grow the technical chops of the phone staff, Mark 7 will be an unstoppable force. I would expect after a cycle or two of evolution / revolution shipments they will get a good rhythm. 

I'll be placing an order. Now for that Evolution primer collator! Sounds like a primer orientation sensor is on the way as well.

What press will you be ordering?  We just switched our order today from the Evolution Pro to the Revolution.  

5 hours ago, Judo said:

What press will you be ordering?  We just switched our order today from the Evolution Pro to the Revolution.  

A couple Evolution Pro's and probably a 650 / 1050 auto drive. Might add a Revolution to the mix. Really, for our needs, the evolution pro with the primer collator would be perfect. Revolution would be overkill....although we are eyeing the brass processor. Looks beefy w/ that 4th guide rod. Let us know what you think of the Revolution when you get it.

I highly recommend rolling your brass. It seems there are more and more semi / unsupported chambers, unless you are picking up cases that are always your own, things won't load very smoothly. I was finding a failure rate of ~5% when case gauging, since I started rolling, I'm typically a percent or less, and the loading process goes smoother.

10 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Right now I roll, then I take it to the 650 and decap/ size 3 times, just got the swage-it conversion for the 650, will start swaging before I load this week!

I was going to get one of those Swage-it devices a while back.  Wonder how well they work.  

8 hours ago, slavex said:

if anyone is looking for a top notch roll sizer check out the ones coming from Australia now, Kevin Whitehead makes a wicked machine.

I've loaded around 100,000 rounds on my Revo now and haven't had a single upside down case (9mm) yet. I've had a couple mangled ones that spat out sideways, one of which broke a MA pin, and the spring on the case feed arm, but that's it.

Did you get yours direct from Australia or did you buy from a dealer in the US?

6 hours ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Does the Dillon powder check work on a Evo?

Seems like it would work as the depth of the plunger is adjustable and the alarm is battery operated.  

On 8/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, CrashDodson said:

with my m7 X i rarely ever just sat there and watched.  either loading components into the machine or dry firing or listening to pod casts.  if there is an issue the machine stops itself. clear the issue and move on.  i make 5 gall9n buckets of ammo at a time. no way in hell would i pull the handle that long.  probably end up with a shoulder injury. Before i automated pulling the handle added to tendinitis issues. 

I’ve tried making a 5 gallon bucket of ammo Over a weekend on a Dillon 650, sitting there pulling the handle.  That was an exercise in torture.  What was even more torturous was making 1000 rounds in a weekend on a single stage press, when I first started reloading. I won’t be doing that again.  

On 7/31/2018 at 11:09 PM, Travtastik said:

Your in better shape then me. We were moving and had a guy make a nice offer on my 1050 so I went ahead and sold it. Only thing I got currently is a single stage.

That lag time in between getting the new press and selling the original press really sucks.  

On 7/31/2018 at 9:03 PM, tanks said:

I ordered my Revolution on 6/28 and it shipped on 7/30 (arrives next Wed. according to tracking info.). So, pretty reasonable build, test, ship time. Now,  Mark 7 has a promotion where they will give you a $1,500 credit for purchase of a Revolution for your 1050 of any flavor as long as it is in working order, so if you are still waiting, don't. ;) 

Details here:

https://www.markvii-loading.com/1050-To-Revolution-Trade-In_p_476.html

I asked about the $1500 credit regarding trade-in for the Revolution when placing the order.  They aren’t doing that anymore even though it’s still on their website.