Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

27 minutes ago, Travtastik said:

Your in better shape then me. We were moving and had a guy make a nice offer on my 1050 so I went ahead and sold it. Only thing I got currently is a single stage.

Yikes, you are not going to be doing 1050 reloading speeds on a single stage. Let's see if Mark 7 responds here....or even a PM me. Since its the end of July I'll give it a few more days before I hit up DAA for an update. 

Edited by quiller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Travtastik said:

I went with the handle version. I got a 9 year motor for it already, and two more for when he decides to move out.

So you sold a perfectly good operating 1050 and “bought” a press that doesn’t exist? Really? wow. Why? 

So you sold a perfectly good operating 1050 and “bought” a press that doesn’t exist? Really? wow. Why? 

I was not a fan of the 1050 to be honest and I got offered crazy money for it so I took it. Fell for the hype on the evolution so now I’m stuck waiting. Like I said I fell like a total sucker.

I sat down and loaded 500 rounds in like 15 minutes on my Revo tonight, complete with case gauging all the rounds, and that includes topping up the 1050 that was running in the background processing brass for me and talking on the phone and sending some messages. It's rough I tell you. I really miss pulling the handle

not

7 hours ago, Travtastik said:

I went with the handle version. I got a 9 year motor for it already, and two more for when he decides to move out.

Haha... I too have an expensive 9 year old motor, but unreliable for me to count on it to run my press for me.

Reg Evo ordered as well many months ago, but I have a Mark 7 already.  ?

It my perception is Mark 7 sent the initial batches out to super squad folks.  ?Great marketing, just bad wait times for us B class shooters.  ?

2 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Haha... I too have an expensive 9 year old motor, but unreliable for me to count on it to run my press for me.

Reg Evo ordered as well many months ago, but I have a Mark 7 already.  ?

It my perception is Mark 7 sent the initial batches out to super squad folks.  ?Great marketing, just bad wait times for us B class shooters.  ?

I am just an average consumer and got my evolution. They have been super great to deal with. 

8 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

@Travtastik

My understanding is a mark7 only pulls the handle for you. It doesn’t spray case lube, it doesn’t put cases in the hopper, it doesn’t fill the primer tube, it doesn’t pour powder in the hopper, it doesn’t case gauge the ammo. AND you sure as hell cannot run it without standing there making sure $hit doesn’t go haywire. IT PULLS THE HANDLE, THAT IS IT.

If you’re rich enough to blow $5000.00 on a loader (I am) just so your lazy ass doesn’t have to pull the handle (I’m not) then you’d be better off with a 650 and paying a neighborhood kid to do all the stuff I listed above. Plus you get to help a kid learn how to reload, have a job, learn responsibly, and you don’t have to do anything other than teach him, pay him, and buy components. I didn’t get rich by being stupid, or lazy. 

I tend to doubt anyone who brags about being rich on a forum on the internets. 

You are forgetting about about all the mark7 sensors. One can detect a primer in the pocket in the swage station which can prevent a primer tube stack from blowing up. 

5 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

And I had ordered mine April 10, from Shooters Connection.  Got here July 7.

Just a tad under 3 months. I guess if mine follow the same tend it will be the first week in September before I see it. The silver lining is the kids will be heading back to school and things will start to settle down again......actually give me time to reload! 

1 hour ago, Thetimb said:

I tend to doubt anyone who brags about being rich on a forum on the internets. 

You are forgetting about about all the mark7 sensors. One can detect a primer in the pocket in the swage station which can prevent a primer tube stack from blowing up. 

Belive it or not, I didn’t mean I am daddy warbucks or that I’m rich AF. It wasn’t meant to brag, I mean I am well enough off the purchase this $5k product but don’t.

I have seen the mK7 and its sensors. You still can’t “set it and forget it.” You have to stay with it, watch it, make sure it’s pulling the handle under the right conditions. So if I have to stand there I’m just going to pull the handle. Is what it is.... my arms ain’t broke. 

Edited by 3gunDQ

2 minutes ago, 3gunDQ said:

Belive it or not, I didn’t mean I am daddy warbucks or that I’m rich AF. I mean I am well enough off the purchase this $5k product but don’t.

I have seen the mK7 and its sensors. You still can’t “set it and forget it.” You have to stay with it, watch it, make sure it’s pulling the handle under the right conditions. So if I have to stand there I’m just going to pull the handle. Is what it is.... my arms ain’t broke. 

Totally understood. I am trying to minimize my time spent reloading and don't mind paying extra for it.  I personally cant wait for the primer collator so I dont have to mess around with primers anymore. 

I have my evolution running pretty good. I got 1k rounds done yesterday with the powder sensor installed. I didn't have to fiddle with anything after the initial 5-6 rounds (that was to spot check the machine)

Edited by Thetimb

9 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

That is awesome!!  I need to look at it in more detail though, because it appears that I could be without a press while I wait for the Revo if they want me to ship the 1050 in immediately.

Or I guess I could just make a metric crap ton of ammo and then ship the press off to them while I wait with fingers crossed for the Revo to show up.

I think you can ship after Revo comes and is set up as you are prepaying for the whole amount anyway. I'd check with them to be sure. 

13 minutes ago, 3gunDQ said:

...I have seen the mK7 and its sensors. You still can’t “set it and forget it.” You have to stay with it, watch it, make sure it’s pulling the handle under the right conditions. So if I have to stand there I’m just going to pull the handle. Is what it is.... my arms ain’t broke. 

I don't think you can pull the handle even at mid speed of 2,500 rounds an hour. Yes, you have to watch it to dump brass, bullets and primers (into the collator) every so often. Not to mention, at least for me, the 1050 has not been reliable enough to run 1,000 rounds straight let alone 2,500 rounds without taking apart the priming system, cleaning it and putting it together again to make it work.

I think I figured what I am going to be doing while "watching". I will have every sensor available so if something goes wrong the machine will stop. At 2,500 rounds per hour in 5 minutes it is 208 rounds. That is a good interval to top off components. My dry fire routines are usually at 5 minutes per drill. So, press start, dry fire for 5 minutes in the same area, load components, do a QA check, rinse and repeat. If a real emergency occurs that would require me to press the stop button on the tablet I would still be within a few steps.

That is what I do with my automated Case Pro 100, roll sizing at 2,200 cases per hour and seems to work OK.

with my m7 X i rarely ever just sat there and watched.  either loading components into the machine or dry firing or listening to pod casts.  if there is an issue the machine stops itself. clear the issue and move on.  i make 5 gall9n buckets of ammo at a time. no way in hell would i pull the handle that long.  probably end up with a shoulder injury. Before i automated pulling the handle added to tendinitis issues. 

I ordered an Evo Pro to be able to multi task while it pulls the handle.  Now that I have money I don’t have time.  I’ll spend a little more to get back some time.  Hopefully it was money well spent.  Ordered last week, so I am sure it’ll be a while.

I have gotten my Evo Pro. Only set it up for some brass processing so far. Getting familiar with the machine while waiting for some other dies. Have run about 5000pcs of 9mm brass through it and its such a relief not pulling the handle anymore. I was so fed up with working the handle on my 650, I thought about stop reloading, but now I am excited when the Evo Pro have arrived. We will have fun together.

6 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

I have gotten my Evo Pro. Only set it up for some brass processing so far. Getting familiar with the machine while waiting for some other dies. Have run about 5000pcs of 9mm brass through it and its such a relief not pulling the handle anymore. I was so fed up with working the handle on my 650, I thought about stop reloading, but now I am excited when the Evo Pro have arrived. We will have fun together.

I think I'll be upgrading to the Evo Pro when funds allow....perhaps at a future Black Friday sale! My typical reloading sessions are no more than an hour on my 650 as that's all the time I have. So I don't mind yanking the handle....however, recently I'm getting to the range more so I will have to up the supply!

New guy here.  As an added data point, I put a deposit on an Evo Pro in early February, shortly after I saw the SHOT Show vid.  I told Jay I wanted it in .500 S&W, with additional shellplates for other non-semiauto calibers.  He told me recently my .500 S&W Evo will ship around Labor Day, and the primer collator should be available at the same time.  He also said he liked my video, which I shamelessly made to gin up the demand for more shellplates.  

Fingers crossed...

JR

1 hour ago, JohnFRoss said:

New guy here.  As an added data point, I put a deposit on an Evo Pro in early February,...

BTW, the Evolution Pro does come with a Mr. BulletFeeder, but not with the Mr. BulletFeeder Pro as stated in your video at 2:44.

Edited by tanks

When I first saw the Mk7 for the 1050 I knew I had to have it, at the time I gauged only my match ammo, and dumped all my practice ammo in buckets. Once I got the Mk7 Pro I discovered I could gauge while it ran, I could work on guns while it ran, I could do all sorts of stuff, while it ran. This was a massive step up for me. I also discovered that it could process brass for me while I did other stuff, which meant I had perfect brass, that I knew was perfect, to load with when it came time to load. And while I did once load 2600 rounds in an hour pulling the handle (buddy loading primers, brass and bullets for me) it is not sustainable. Hell, doing 1600 rounds an hour pulling the handle, for 5 or 6 hours, is no fun either, but having a machine do it? Priceless. I also discovered I got much more consistent ammo doing it with the Mk7, likely due to it operating exactly the same on every stroke, nary a difference. 

Then I saw the Revo, and holy crap, I had my order in minutes after I saw that announced at SHOT. And I love it, sure there have been some growing pains, I expected as much. But even the ones I've had are nothing compared to the crap the 1050s have thrown at me. Worth every penny, enough so, I will be ordering an Evolution most likely (or a Brass processing Revo) once I sell a few of the 1050s to pay for it. Total no brainer for me. 

I just ordered an Evolution Pro with all of the sensors.  Can’t wait to get it.  

I’m getting all of this to replace a brand new Mark 7 Pro Auto Drive with a Dillon 1050. Everything is still sitting in the boxes brand spanking new. Never took anything out of a box or any of the sensors out of the plastic bags, LOL ? 

8 hours ago, rotifsn said:

I ordered my Evo Pro June 12th from Shooters Connection and received it earlier this week. It's setup now but I'm still getting things dialed in. Had some early problems with it stopping too often while priming, but that appears to be I had the clutch set too low. Previously I had it set to 2 for 9mm, now at 3 it's working fine (though when a bullet topples it really shoves it hard into the case.)

My biggest issue right now is the powder measure is throwing up to half a grain of variation (3.0-3.5 gr of N320). I haven't had a chance to talk to Mark 7 about it yet, but so far they've really shown fantastic customer support.

Can you keep us updated on the powder variation ? it's quite important to stay pretty damn much accurate. I reload 3.2gr of N320 as well and when travelling worldwide to shoot competitions I want consistency. Thanks