Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Dillon Powder Measures be used with the Mark 7"s?

Yes, but why would you? 

On 7/8/2018 at 10:16 PM, slavex said:

Yes, but why would you? 

I'm used to having different powder measures preset for a specific charge.  Saves time of having to weigh a charge change and then verifying it's actual velocity.

I always verify the charge is what I have listed, since the bar has a set screw locking the bar there's usually a tenth difference but it has worked very consistently for me, but don't have to verify velocity again.  It's part of my OCD Reloading Complex, but it works and is consistent.

A micro meter type measure is good, just I'm used to different methods.  I'm thinking of a 9mm progressive and would load different bullets and powder charges for minor/major.

besides I have 3 dillon powder measures now!

Once I got everything dialed in the powder measure gave me a 5 or 6 shot string of 9mm major with an extreme spread of 6 FPS. It's capable of a very consistent drop, for sure.

The Mk7 powder drop can do exactly the same level of precision, if not better, than the Dillon. One caveat to using a Dillon on the Mk7 is that you'd have to use the spring return setup as there is no where to connect the backup rod to reset the measure. 

I called Mark 7 last week...  Found out my order was pushed another month, should've seen it early July....  Now waiting until August for my Evolution.  😩😫

They won't answer an email or their web contact form so I guess I still have an order but can not confirm.

Edited by WarrenZ

6 hours ago, armedmoose said:

I called Mark 7 last week...  Found out my order was pushed another month, should've seen it early July....  Now waiting until August for my Evolution.  😩😫

I am still waiting for the powder sensor and primer collator if that makes you feel better :(

Also the spare tool head and caliber changes! 3k or so in spare stuff :( :(

Edited by Thetimb

4 hours ago, WarrenZ said:

They won't answer an email or their web contact form so I guess I still have an order but can not confirm.

This is why I have been hesitant on getting one. Dillons customers service is top notch and hard to beat. Hopefully mark7 will step it up in this department but so far I’ve heard and read a lot of stories like this. 

5 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

This is why I have been hesitant on getting one. Dillons customers service is top notch and hard to beat. Hopefully mark7 will step it up in this department but so far I’ve heard and read a lot of stories like this. 

I have had several status emails sent to me unsolicited about the Revolution order I placed a few weeks ago (in queue, in production, on schedule). Still scheduled to ship next week for delivery on the 23rd. One of the reasons I changed to a Revolution from an Evolution Pro was the fact that shipment to customers were going to be delayed due to dealer orders.

I called a couple weeks ago and was told my July order was pushed to August as well. Bummer, but what do you do?!

18 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

There customer service has been top notch for me. I am just mindful that they are bringing a new product to market. If you don't want to deal with the little things that are kind of annoying just wait till they have their internal processes/manufacturing figured out.

I got my press up and running in no time with the bullet sensor and swage sense. I am just waiting on the powder sensor and primer collator.