Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

Has anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? Is this just a pre-production photo or what because that case feeder and powder measure looks very familiar from my current press. dont get me wrong I want one but still trying to make a decision.

image.thumb.png.75d16f5d157cdae65ddfe3dbc3385cae.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are going to start shipping to individuals next month.  If you already have a working 1050 i see no reason to just buy one.  If you were in the market for a new press or wanted to automate but not ready to spend 10k then the evolution is what I would do.  

Right now I have a Hornady and except for the red paint that powder measure looks like a match the case feeder looks familiar too. I want the evolution because if I automate I want to be able to have the powder check and a seat and separate crimp.

The one pass rifle is very tempting too.

I'm pretty sure they are using a hornaday measure. Not sure about the case feeder. They will have an electronic measure available later this year.  Having a separate seat and crimp is very nice. You can also have a separate expander. I run an expander die now instead of the swage backup. 

On 3/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, CrashDodson said:

I would buy one just to get a primer collater.  

THIS is why I will eventually dump my 1050 w/the Mark VII Pro and go to the Evolution...hopefully I'll be able to just swap out the presses, but even if I have to buy an entire setup, the primer collator is the icing on the cake of 10 stations.

I have been thinking about an Evolution Pro, but want to wait for they are seen in the wild in end users hands. Don't want to spend $6K up front on something that I will not get for 6+ months due to bugs being taken care of. The schedule already slipped a Quarter as they were supposed to start shipping end of Q1. Now, it is supposed to be Q2. When those that have placed orders start receiving them will be the time to place orders IMHO.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, tanks said:

I have been thinking about an Evolution Pro, but want to wait for they are seen in the wild in end users hands. Don't want to spend $6K up front on something that I will not get for 6+ months due to bugs being taken care of. The schedule already slipped a Quarter as they were supposed to start shipping end of Q1. Now, it is supposed to be Q2. When those that have placed orders start receiving them will be the time to place orders IMHO.

You should get your order in. Mark 7 has a lot of orders for every press.. you also should set up a training date. 

Wayne

13 hours ago, WaynePatrick said:

That’s a Mighty Armory Decapping Die in station one. 5 is a powder drop.

This is the first I've heard about Mighty Armory dies.  What's the advantage to using their die?  And I'm assuming since they don't have caliber choices that it isn't a sizing/decapping die but rather just a decapping one.

My Lee one works pretty well but I'm always on the lookout for a better option.

Going to wait a year or so for the backlog of orders to drop off on the Revolution before switching over from the 1050.  Huge fan of the press and the icing on the cake is definitely the primer collator.  No more filling primer tubes!!

You can see the Die in action on you tube or google. It’s the easiest to use and toughest ever made. 

100% CNC Machined. Shafts and Pins are heat treated Rifle Barrel Steel. Pin screw in and out of the shaft. Replacements are only 2.49.

check with Chris at East Coast Reloading Supplies for reference.

or call Jay at Mark 7.