Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pulled the trigger, after several weeks of going back and forth saying should I wait or should I just go with it.. I said f*#k it. done, Evo on the way ! hopefully soon. As soon as I get it I will setup, make some 9mm 147g match ammo, chrono it and post results. 

7 hours ago, max1337 said:

pulled the trigger, after several weeks of going back and forth saying should I wait or should I just go with it.. I said f*#k it. done, Evo on the way ! hopefully soon. As soon as I get it I will setup, make some 9mm 147g match ammo, chrono it and post results. 

Good for you. I'm still waiting on my Evo but I don't mind the wait. It's almost 2 months at this point....ordered it June 5th from DAA. Like you I went back and forth for a bit and called Mark 7 in middle. Looking at what's posted on Mark 7 I think we make a good choice. Like most things related to this hobby....buy once, cry once. However, I suspect that I will be upgrading to Evo Pro on a Black Friday or other likewise sale event....so I will cry again!

On 7/22/2018 at 1:45 AM, max1337 said:

what would you recommend ; old version (not LTE/X/PRO) mark 7 1050 + Dillon 1050 (used) for 2800$ or  Mark 7 Evolution for the same price ? 

Buy the autodrive package and 1050.

I'd contact Mark 7 to see if an upgrade path is available.  (From memory I think the older units are also called X). https://www.markvii-loading.com/Mark-7-Autodrive-upgrade_p_37.html

This gives you flexibility... Run the autodrive for a bit(you might realize this is all the production you need) or determine if you want to upgrade to evolution and buy the auto drive conversion kit as well.  Now you can sell the 1050 and use that cash for the Evolution.

Deciding factor is if you want to automated press or pull a handle for$2800.

Edited by armedmoose
Spelling

5 hours ago, armedmoose said:

Buy the autodrive package and 1050.

The problem is that the 1050 is not really suitable unless one is using primed brass and just using it to dump powder and bullets, seat and crimp as most commercial reloaders do. Anyone looking to start from decapping on in a single pass will run into problems especially at the priming station. After 40K rounds on my 1050 (manual) I can honestly say I have not run more than a thousand rounds before having to take the priming system apart, clean and reassemble. I put up with it due to lack of alternatives, no more.

My Revolution passed QA Monday and should be here next week.

Revolution.png.e96dfb286d88f825c7fbe62224dcb054.png

1 hour ago, tanks said:

My Revolution passed QA Monday and should be here next week.

Revolution.png.e96dfb286d88f825c7fbe62224dcb054.png

He asked if he should by an Evo or an autodrive and super 1050.  Buying the autodrive he ends up with an autodrive press.  Buying the evolution he ends up with an Evolution manual.

Both paths can end up with an automated evoluton but buying the setup is cheaper than the other, after selling the 1050.

Beautiful Revolution, I am still in a waiting position for my evolution, August I have been told.

1 hour ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Anyone got the manual for Evo Pro available? Recieved mine and want to know how to set ut the autodrive and cables.

Register on the Mark 7 website using the serial number of your Evolution Pro and go to the forums outlined in a post above. The manual and setup videos are there. The setup manual video goes through all of the cable connections.

1 minute ago, Travtastik said:

So has anyone who ordered from mark7 received their press yet? Curious if I might actually see mine in August.

I have not, but other in this thread have. I ordered mine (Evolution from DAA) on June 6th so it will be two months in a few days. What did you order and when did you order it?

I have not, but other in this thread have. I ordered mine (Evolution from DAA) on June 6th so it will be two months in a few days. What did you order and when did you order it?

I ordered a evolution on Feb 13th straight from mark7.

1 hour ago, Travtastik said:

I ordered a evolution on Feb 13th straight from mark7.

Not as bad as the OP (Cool) but still a really long time. When I called Mark 7 originally they could not offer me the pre-order discount and dies....so I went with DAA. Last word from DAA was its coming but now sure when.   

On 4/16/2018 at 5:27 AM, V2plus25 said:

...Going to wait a year or so for the backlog of orders to drop off on the Revolution before switching over from the 1050.  Huge fan of the press and the icing on the cake is definitely the primer collator.  No more filling primer tubes!!

I ordered my Revolution on 6/28 and it shipped on 7/30 (arrives next Wed. according to tracking info.). So, pretty reasonable build, test, ship time. Now,  Mark 7 has a promotion where they will give you a $1,500 credit for purchase of a Revolution for your 1050 of any flavor as long as it is in working order, so if you are still waiting, don't. ;) 

Details here:

https://www.markvii-loading.com/1050-To-Revolution-Trade-In_p_476.html

Edited by tanks

1 hour ago, tanks said:

I ordered my Revolution on 6/28 and it shipped on 7/30 (arrives next Wed. according to tracking info.). So, pretty reasonable build, test, ship time. Now,  Mark 7 has a promotion where they will give you a $1,500 credit for purchase of a Revolution for your 1050 of any flavor as long as it is in working order, so if you are still waiting, don't. ;) 

Details here:

That was quick. It feels like Mark 7 is more interested in selling Revolutions than filling Evolution orders. If Mark 7 is watching this thread do you have any updates on Evolution orders places with DAA in the early part of June? Last work from DAA was "We are waiting for supply from Mark 7. We have received some but they are being filled as the orders were placed. You are now 6 in line and we estimate that your order will be filled around the end of July. Sorry we cannot be more specific."

1 hour ago, tanks said:

Details here:

That is awesome!!  I need to look at it in more detail though, because it appears that I could be without a press while I wait for the Revo if they want me to ship the 1050 in immediately.

Or I guess I could just make a metric crap ton of ammo and then ship the press off to them while I wait with fingers crossed for the Revo to show up.

Mark7 is using what I call the “Apple method”... they (apple/mark7) introduce a new iPhone (reloader from mark7) and it’s the badestassed thing since the double stack magazine, they hype the phone, they market the phone.... “everyone” wants the new phone, but you can’t buy one. A bunch of dumbasses, you, go to the Apple store everyday until they can actually buy this new magical phone no one has seen. It works. They even already got your money too right? See.

Edited by 3gunDQ

Wow, I think I will have to set up my 650 again! We just moved and I took it down in the hope I was done with it!

Your in better shape then me. We were moving and had a guy make a nice offer on my 1050 so I went ahead and sold it. Only thing I got currently is a single stage.

Mark7 is using what I call the “Apple method”... they (apple/mark7) introduce a new iPhone (reloader from mark7) and it’s the badestassed thing since the double stack magazine, they hype the phone, they market the phone.... “everyone” wants the new phone, but you can’t buy one. A bunch of dumbasses, you, go to the Apple store everyday until they can actually buy this new magical phone no one has seen. It works. They even already got your money too right? See.

Well played. I got nothing.

At this point I do kind of fell like a sucker.

@Travtastik

My understanding is a mark7 only pulls the handle for you. It doesn’t spray case lube, it doesn’t put cases in the hopper, it doesn’t fill the primer tube, it doesn’t pour powder in the hopper, it doesn’t case gauge the ammo. AND you sure as hell cannot run it without standing there making sure $hit doesn’t go haywire. IT PULLS THE HANDLE, THAT IS IT.

If you’re rich enough to blow $5000.00 on a loader (I am) just so your lazy ass doesn’t have to pull the handle (I’m not) then you’d be better off with a 650 and paying a neighborhood kid to do all the stuff I listed above. Plus you get to help a kid learn how to reload, have a job, learn responsibly, and you don’t have to do anything other than teach him, pay him, and buy components. I didn’t get rich by being stupid, or lazy. 

Edited by 3gunDQ