Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What got you into Open?

Thaunk

My first match I shot with a Glock 19 Roland Special in Open Division cause that’s all I had. I was completely unaware of the “race gun” tech that was out there. Once I saw a 2011 someone was running I was like I NEED

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Knguyen1904 said:

Once I saw a 2011 someone was running I was like I NEED

Ditto.

I took 12 years off shooting, and came back about 11 years ago -

first time I ever saw a 2011.

Took me about 7 months to make the plunge    :wub:

All I shoot now is my TruBor    :) 

Old age vision problems....first shot through a Leupold on an open gun ...I was a goner.....new Atlas Open arrived last night...excited.

its fun to be able to see the sight and target at the same time......imagine that!!

Shooting a series of night matches with my limited gun and struggling to see the front sight in the poor lighting made me want to shoot with a dot. I hate reciprocating red dots that s]are slide mounted, so I went to open.  High A class limited shooter, looking forward to getting an open classification. 

• 2 weeks later...

Shot poorly at 25 yards with iron sights alpha mike, Charlie delta very sloppy. Moved to carry optics managed to eliminate mikes. Took me half a year to find that disappearing dot on my first shot at every stage. Then Christmas came along and shot an email to bedell custom. And, the rest is load development lol why do they call it the dark side? Coz I’m always at the garage reloading? ?

Edited by Gviz

All the reloads I do shooting single stack makes me want to switch to open but I have so much money invested into single stack that I stick with it and occasionally will shoot limited too. Give me a few years and I'm sure I'll switch over to the dark side.

Shot a buddy’s open gun a few weeks ago and it’s had me thinking since.   Currently shooting limited and PCC. Loving both but it almost always fun to lose in a new division.  For those of you who swapped into open what was the deciding factor?

I got into open due to my eyesight. My dominant eye developed an astigmatism and I get double images for iron sights. The red dot is just fuzzy and I can focus on the target not the sight. Plus, the guns are just cool and the science of reload and tuning the load to the compensator is intriguing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro