Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Grip Module - Small

Winder

Recently saw a video of Strader saying that Sig was coming out with a small X5 grip module.  Anyone have any more info on this. 

I like the X5 grip but I use a small one on my compact, thinking I might like a small X5 grip better.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Polaris13 said:

I spoke with SIG this morning on this subject.  No release date yet for the P320X5 small grip module.  I was told it would be out by now a few months ago.

Keep in mind it took SIG TWO FRIGGIN YEARS to get the X-Five out to the public from the time they announced the "Target" model.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be fun to try the smaller grip,  however, knowing Sig "any time now" usually translate to a couple years if ever.   When are those MPX caliber conversions coming out again? How about those 4 versions of the P210 we were told at SHOT by the head of SIg Handguns that would be all out by the end of 2017  ?   Sig's reps from CS to the highest level would be much better off learning the phrase "We don't have a release date yet" as opposed to continually promising things they can't follow through on.

• 2 weeks later...

You could always try your hand at a grip reduction job. 

The only limitation would be if you want to keep the grip weight as is since the channel in the small grip is... Smaller.