Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glasses recommendations

Wrathen

I was looking for a nice set of glasses that have interchangeable lenses so I can go from outside to inside  ranges and use the same frames. I where contacts so I don’t have to worry about prescription. I was looking at these:

http://www.esseyepro.com/Rollbar-Polarized_366_detail.html

anyone have any experience with them or have another recommendation?

I tried ESS early on and they scratched easily. I switched to Rudy Project and they are very hard to scratch but if you do manage to somehow damage the lenses you can get them replaced for $25!

i contacted rudy about two years ago regarding their certs and here is their reply.  they might have added more cert'd glasses since then.  

We have a Rydon stealth and Magster stealth edition with the z87+ stamp certification

2 hours ago, Captiontom said:

Check out the clearance section for Rudy Project. I went with the clear to laser brown before they sold out. The glasses tint in uv light. The clear to black would probably be perfect for you.  Lense change is easy if you wanted to get a second set of lenses. 

http://www.e-rudy.com/en/products/detail/SN667396MR

Ohhhh that looks good let me get on a computer not just my phone

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

I guess you guys never tried a pair of Pilla Performance glasses? Lights out!

Pilas' are the heat.  The only glasses I have ever had on that I actually thought would make me shoot better. 
So clear and so much contrast.  Also so much $$$$$$$

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the Rudy Project glasses, how well do they allow for hearing pro to seal and are they soft around the ear?  Do they squeeze behind the ears after a while?

I'm using ESS Supressors right now, and the one thing I really like is the arms over the ears.  They're nice and flat, so I get a good seal with my sordins and they don't hurt at all day shoots.  Other glasses I've tried either don't allow for a good seal or they hurt like a bugger after a while.

Just now, clw42 said:

Looking at the Rudy Project glasses, how well do they allow for hearing pro to seal and are they soft around the ear?  Do they squeeze behind the ears after a while?

They seal fine and I wear mine all weekend at majors with no problems

1 minute ago, clw42 said:

^^^

Awesome, thank you!  Guess I'm getting new glasses.

The ESS are okay.  I was hoping for more from them. 

I tried ESS early on and found the lenses to get scratched or dull after a season of use and cleaning.