Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 Dot intensity conundrum

R.Elliott

I had a 6 slide ride on PCC. Friend picked it up and said my dot looked dim - can't have that. Fresh battery didn't help so I tried the 8 module from an old open gun. Noticeably brighter and bigger. I had a 6 RTS2 on my current open gun and thought I would try the 8 RTS2. Again noticeably bigger and brighter. Took this pic the day I swapped them. Both on full brightness in direct sun

Screenshot_20180402-093829_resized.png

Edited by Chillywig

That is a bit bigger/brighter for sure! Easy to spot... I finally put a new battery in my 6MOA and what a difference, so much brighter. It seems to be a more gradual fall off than the slide ride but with a new battery it's awesome, no worries.

Follow up:

Finally had a day with some sunshine here and took it out for a try. The diode cleaning thing did the trick. Very visible now.

I do like the look of that 8" dot though.  Hmm, do I want to dump another 600 bucks? 

On 2018-03-19 at 4:11 PM, mscott said:

You might need to get the electronics cleaning Qtips that have a small micro head to reach all the way down. I couldn’t clean my diode with regular Q-tips, but the ones with the tiny heads work perfectly. I got them from Amazon. I use alcohol as a 

7 hours ago, R.Elliott said:

Follow up:

Finally had a day with some sunshine here and took it out for a try. The diode cleaning thing did the trick. Very visible now.

I do like the look of that 8" dot though.  Hmm, do I want to dump another 600 bucks? 

You can also have C-More put a new 8MOA circuit board in there for you for a lot less.

I had them do that for me last year and it was $69. 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, mscott said:

You might need to get the electronics cleaning Qtips that have a small micro head to reach all the way down. I couldn’t clean my diode with regular Q-tips, but the ones with the tiny heads work perfectly. I got them from Amazon. I use alcohol as a cleaner.

Do you have a link or exact name for these?  I tried looking them up, but I don't think I found the correct ones.

3 hours ago, jkrispies said:

Do you have a link or exact name for these?  I tried looking them up, but I don't think I found the correct ones.

I guess try micro q tip or micro applicator.

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Applicators-Eyelashes-Extensions-Diameter/dp/B01I58H05G/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1522912777&sr=8-3&keywords=Micro%2Bq%2Btips&dpID=41Nu98OQADL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

Edited by mscott

4 hours ago, mscott said:

Perfect, thank you.  Yes, I was looking at the wrong thing before. 

15 hours ago, racer-x said:

You can also have C-More put a new 8MOA circuit board in there for you for a lot less.

I had them do that for me last year and it was $69. 

Very good to know. I may do that end of season.