Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
je85

Production Grip modifications 21.4

Recommended Posts

The new rules no longer says appendix E4

My question is can I add extra grip tape or other lightweight material under the grip tape especially on the front strap?

This would be for a Walther PPQ.

 

 

Old rules

5aad49f9a23f1_uspsarulesold.JPG.33a52a83f3f3e6e52f9e26dfdd386af2.JPG

 

 

 

New Rules

5aad48cad1948_uspsarules.thumb.JPG.26647d504b0d98c17780ed9a5175f7fd.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From all I've seen on the new rules

Yes

They are listed on the uspsa web site if you want to confirm

I believe you have to be logged in to get to the new rule/amendments that take effect in may 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can add finger groves and stipple anywhere you want you can use as many layers of grip tape as you want and I wouldn't give you a hard time about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember if you’re shooting any upcoming major matches that the changes don’t take effect until May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickDoyle said:

Texture forward where thumbs rest????Little unclear with this still.

That was not allowed in appendix e4. I'm curious if they will write a new rule book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, je85 said:

That was not allowed in appendix e4. I'm curious if they will write a new rule book.

E4 will no longer applies.  They took it out of the rule, stipple away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, Kraj said:

E4 will no longer applies.  They took it out of the rule, stipple away. 

 

After May, 2018, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if adding material to the backstrap of like a glock in order to change the profile is legal as long as it doesn't add a beaver tail or a magwell like the grip force backstrap but removing the beavertail http://www.armslist.com/posts/3451075/fayetteville-arkansas-handguns-for-sale--glock-17-gen-4 or modifying one of the factory glock backstrap to change the profile? It says you can replace grip panels but is the backstrap considered a grip panel I think it might be but I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sean_stw said:

I'm wondering if adding material to the backstrap of like a glock in order to change the profile is legal as long as it doesn't add a beaver tail or a magwell like the grip force backstrap but removing the beavertail http://www.armslist.com/posts/3451075/fayetteville-arkansas-handguns-for-sale--glock-17-gen-4 or modifying one of the factory glock backstrap to change the profile? It says you can replace grip panels but is the backstrap considered a grip panel I think it might be but I don't know.

 

Backstrap are part of the grip and yes, you can modify it however you want. The M&P backstrap is interchangeable. And like you said, as long as it doesn't add a beavertail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

Backstrap are part of the grip and yes, you can modify it however you want. The M&P backstrap is interchangeable. And like you said, as long as it doesn't add a beavertail. 

Ok great that's what I was hoping, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI to everyone. You can add material anywhere on the grip except for thumb rest and beaver tail mods.

I added epoxy putty to the front of my grip and grip tape over it. I had no problems at Area 7 or Mid Atlantic sectionals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you change the angle on a Glock gen 3 back strap?

Meaning straighten the grip angle to take the hump out so the gun points better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmshozer1 said:

Can you change the angle on a Glock gen 3 back strap?

Meaning straighten the grip angle to take the hump out so the gun points better.

Sorry, In Carry optics USPSA division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, dmshozer1 said:

Can you change the angle on a Glock gen 3 back strap?

Meaning straighten the grip angle to take the hump out so the gun points better.

 

As long as you don't build it out at the top so that it could be construed as a beavertail, I don't see why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you Guys read out of the IPSC rules for Prod. and PO?

 

I would love to put some epoxy/Silicone carbide on, like a bit fatter permanent griptape. Just to make the grip a bit bigger all around.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...