Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Halo Neuroscience?

bluedevil008

You people are way too nice. These headphones are a scam. It’s complete bull$hit. Anyone: Max, Keith Garcia, the rest.... pushing these things, advocating with a strait face that this product “works” is a complete sell out. 

If you have spent money on this product you are a moondick. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/23/2018 at 4:56 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

It's definitely paid promotion. It could work, but like Jake said, not enough research out there yet. JJ does a lot of neat technological training though. He had these flickering glasses that blacked out your vision to practice reloading.

The same glasses are used by wide receivers at the college level to increase hand eye coordination.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:38 AM, 3gunDQ said:

You people are way too nice. These headphones are a scam. It’s complete bull$hit. Anyone: Max, Keith Garcia, the rest.... pushing these things, advocating with a strait face that this product “works” is a complete sell out. 

If you have spent money on this product you are a moondick. 

Why don’t you tell us really how you feel?

12 hours ago, rowdyb said:

The same glasses are used by wide receivers at the college level to increase hand eye coordination.

Those glasses are used by elite pro athletes at every level where the processing of visual information is involved.

They are even used by athletes to improve proprioception as we are constantly using vision to keep ourselves balanced.  Take away the vision element while balancing and you improve proprioception.

This is empirical.  Not snake oil like these headphones.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I'm really hard-headed.  Maybe a 12 volt car battery would help me make GM.

I can hook you up to 52 volts DC with 2900 amps, if you'd like to try it. I've tried a couple of hundred times, it will get your attention, but it never made me shoot faster.

20180912_123351.jpg

On 7/18/2018 at 4:01 AM, bluedevil008 said:

Is it coincidence that those three just won their respective divisions at IPSC Nats?  Interesting...

In all reality, those guys have won before without it. Max won the big three in 2014 without it.

There are studies and videos of it online by people who were trying to master a musical piece, a marathon runner, and a dancer. 

It supposedly primes their brain to be receptive. But, i think their daily practice was what contributed to the improvements.

I would wear them too and tell people online that i got this good because of this if they were paying me 3k for a fb shoutout.

Not sure if thats how much it is. Id rather take Max Michel's shooting supplements and dope up for my next local match.

15 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

In all reality, those guys have won before without it. Max won the big three in 2014 without it.

There are studies and videos of it online by people who were trying to master a musical piece, a marathon runner, and a dancer. 

It supposedly primes their brain to be receptive. But, i think their daily practice was what contributed to the improvements.

I would wear them too and tell people online that i got this good because of this if they were paying me 3k for a fb shoutout.

Not sure if thats how much it is. Id rather take Max Michel's shooting supplements and dope up for my next local match.

Hahaha yeah the shooting supplement thing is a stretch.  I doubt that will be around for long.  At least the Nueroscience is a new concept for consumers.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:21 AM, telligentgunner said:

I have it and use it. I was able to buy one on eBay at a pretty reasonable price.

I didn't want to be the guy who missed out on results just because I was a bit skeptical. Top shooters are successful because they take little things in combination with other little things to make them better than other people.

What is your opinion now that you have used it a while?

Edited by Bruno45

One of the most memorable teaching points from medical school applies here: "The plural of anecdote is not data".  Stated another way, just because a few compensated pros say it works does not mean that it works.

Until there is blinded, randomized clinical data, it is bull$hit

22 hours ago, Balakay said:

One of the most memorable teaching points from medical school applies here: "The plural of anecdote is not data".  Stated another way, just because a few compensated pros say it works does not mean that it works.

Until there is blinded, randomized clinical data, it is bull$hit

Agreed

There are studies that do show some data that the techniques that halo apply do improve motor coordination immediately after use.  But is it any considerable advantage that people should use who are not top athletes? no.   
and simply because there is no data of what neural electrical conditioning does to the brain long term.  In the short term, it does make the brain more pliable to learning but no one really knows what effect it has on long term brain function and health.  

• 3 weeks later...

Top competitors are always looking for something that will give them improved performance.  Many sports placement is decided by seconds.

I would suspect the Hawthorne Effect might play a role in the improvement, how much I would not venture to guess.

It really just feels like they have a lot of money poured intongetting influencers to push their product. I would be shocked if there was an actual tangible improvement. 

I know in the shooting sports we are gear crazy and some people would do anything to be "sponsored", but this product really soured my opinion of those who shilled it. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 11:47 AM, Sarge said:

So the original concept that Sarge added a link to is for a civilian version.  

The systems have been tested for several years by SOCOM  to help  operators learn faster and obtain physical skillsets at a faster rate. While the project came to light in 2017 its been around a few years .So far there concept is great  and it seems like results are happening.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/outdoors/navy-seal-teams-testing-halo-neuroscience-neuro-priming-headset/