Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Halo Neuroscience?

bluedevil008

Wondering if anyone on the forum is using this system?  I see JJ, Max, and Shane using it, but for us non-full time folks, is anyone using it and happy with the results?  I'm wondering if the time I devote to shooting each day (probably an average of 20-30 minutes dry-firing) will be enough to notice any results on this thing.  It's expensive, yes, but I've got stuff lying around that I can pawn off to fund it.  And ultimately, I want to finish really well at Nationals this year, so anything I can do that doesn't massively alter the other requirements I have in my life, I'm willing to look into.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a distinct smell of snake oil in my nose. I briefly read through the first three papers they have under the science section and did not see anything that looked like evidence that this thing makes you learn better or faster. We're talking measured increases of a half of a percent, which I'm not even sure is fair to attribute to the equipment. I didn't see them talk about how controlled the experiment was (IE are all athletes using the same methodology for the duration of the test), this is obviously a tiny sample size, and there are just differences from person to person that will impact how they react to training stimuli. A couple P values show that there COULD be something statistically significant in SOME of the measurements, but the research is far too young to draw any reliable conclusions that there is a real benefit.

On a side note, seeing the picture of Coley doing a 255 snatch is legit. 

If you want to have a good finish at nationals, the tried and true method of hard and consistent work is where it's at.

Edited by Jake Di Vita

2 hours ago, Jake Di Vita said:

There is a distinct smell of snake oil in my nose. I briefly read through the first three papers they have under the science section and did not see anything that looked like evidence that this thing makes you learn better or faster. We're talking measured increases of a half of a percent, which I'm not even sure is fair to attribute to the equipment. I didn't see them talk about how controlled the experiment was (IE are all athletes using the same methodology for the duration of the test), this is obviously a tiny sample size, and there are just differences from person to person that will impact how they react to training stimuli. A couple P values show that there COULD be something statistically significant in SOME of the measurements, but the research is far too young to draw any reliable conclusions that there is a real benefit.

On a side note, seeing the picture of Coley doing a 255 snatch is legit. 

If you want to have a good finish at nationals, the tried and true method of hard and consistent work is where it's at.

Yeah that's what I've heard as well.  Any gains have been statistically insignificant.  The hundreds of reviews on Amazon are quite mixed, though the negative ones somewhat appear to come from people who have less structured routines.

Plus I'm not sure I need another reason to make my training routine more complicated, i.e. adding a 20 minute priming session before I get my reps in.

• 3 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 5:30 PM, bluedevil008 said:

Wondering if anyone on the forum is using this system?  I see JJ, Max, and Shane using it, but for us non-full time folks, is anyone using it and happy with the results?  I'm wondering if the time I devote to shooting each day (probably an average of 20-30 minutes dry-firing) will be enough to notice any results on this thing.  It's expensive, yes, but I've got stuff lying around that I can pawn off to fund it.  And ultimately, I want to finish really well at Nationals this year, so anything I can do that doesn't massively alter the other requirements I have in my life, I'm willing to look into.

Yeah, those guys are supposedly using it but aren't paying for it and are probably getting something for plastering it all over thier social media.  

I guess I'm a little skeptical about putting something on my head that's supposed to send electrical current into my brain! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, bluedevil008 said:

Is it coincidence that those three just won their respective divisions at IPSC Nats?  Interesting...

I would say it's effective research on the part of HALO's marketing department.  

• 2 months later...

I have it and use it. I was able to buy one on eBay at a pretty reasonable price.

I didn't want to be the guy who missed out on results just because I was a bit skeptical. Top shooters are successful because they take little things in combination with other little things to make them better than other people.

Edited by telligentgunner

When I was younger, I used to race road bikes and remember all the pro cyclist endorsing over the counter supplements as their reasons for being successful, only to find out later that they were using all sorts of banned substances as well.   It's hard to trust anyone's opinion when money is involved.

Thought really long and hard about this. I have taken Max’ classes and believe he is an honest man. I don’t doubt the product, just decided I don’t want anything messing with my brain more than it is already messed with. It would suck to discover ten years from now that it was the leading cause of something that could have otherwise been avoided. Supplements I’m good for, brain wave machine, not so much.