Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using Blue Bullets in 38spl bullseye and DR loads

BruceinWV

I'm retired after 50 years doing government security stuff and now shooting for fun.

I last shot bullseye in 1968 on a base-level Air Force team - needless to say my skills are pretty rusty! My local gun club has fun matches that I participate in and I've been using lead wadcutters and semi-wadcutters for bullseye (now called precision shooting), and Distinguished Revolver, classed as a Grand Senior (translation: I'm really old).

My old K38 leads badly despite heroic efforts to solve the problem, so I'm going to switch to coated Blue Bullets and see if that solves the problem of leading without losing any points on the target. They make a 147gr round nose that will replace the 148gr lead wadcutter, and a semi-wadcutter without a grease groove that will fit the bill for DR.

I came here from the bullseyeforum. com to research these bullets and found a great community. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the experts assembled here!

Edited by BruceinWV
spelling errors

Welcome to the forum. I also have nothing to add about blue bullets in 38 special. But would be interested if you shared the results on using them. I was thinking of loading up some wheelgun ammo myself.

I know they sell sample packs of various bullets for reasonable prices. You can also get 5% off by using discount codes found easily on the Internet. 

Also wear gloves when reloading with blue bullets or you get "smurf fingers." Other then that, they work just fine in my .40 call semiautos, I use less powder then with jacketed to get the same speed. Probably the same accuracy, not enough difference for me to tell. 

Edited by George Post
Spelling