Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Light Strikes

HCH

On 5/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, Cavy said:

Yeah, The primers I was having an issue with were CCI BR4 bench rest small rifle. Went back to standard Win. small pistol and problem went away.

Thanks, Randy

P.S.  I found this spring at Midwest Gun Works. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/1300979-R

Doesn't specify (Legion only) so probably the stiffer spring.

this could be helpful, but it's not immediately clear to me how to disassemble the striker assembly to change the spring. Any tips?

We just started experiencing light strikes on my wife's 320 x5 legion when we switched to s&b primers (from cci).  about 1 out of 50-100.

I have a few P320s and the only time I have light strikes, it is not really a light strike.  It is because of a high primer every time.  Maybe the new guns had some lube or dirt in the striker assembly housing from the factory, or maybe the "cleaned and lubed" the gun and did not know you do not lube the striker assembly.  

42 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

Any tips?

You tube.  The Sig Sauer Guy or Alma Cole videos will help you pull the striker and instruct you on how to disassemble the striker assembly.  Its pretty easy, but take your time or that spring will end up only god knows where.

Round count on the gun having issues?

If the number is that low 1 out of 50-100 have you checked for high primers?  I would expect more light strikes if the issue was with the striker assembly.  As already mentioned in the thread, are you making sure the striker assembly and the striker assembly housing completely dry?  If lube or dirt gets in there it will cause issues.  I use electrical cleaner to blast the striker assembly and housing, let it dry then assemble to make sure there is nothing fouling up the striker assembly.  

1 minute ago, Boomstick303 said:

I have a few P320s and the only time I have light strikes, it is not really a light strike.  It is because of a high primer every time.  Maybe the new guns had some lube or dirt in the striker assembly housing from the factory, or maybe the "cleaned and lubed" the gun and did not know you do not lube the striker assembly.  

You tube.  The Sig Sauer Guy or Alma Cole videos will help you pull the striker and instruct you on how to disassemble the striker assembly.  Its pretty easy, but take your time or that spring will end up only god knows where.

Round count on the gun having issues?

If the number is that low 1 out of 50-100 have you checked for high primers?  I would expect more light strikes if the issue was with the striker assembly.  As already mentioned in the thread, are you making sure the striker assembly and the striker assembly housing completely dry?  If lube or dirt gets in there it will cause issues.  I use electrical cleaner to blast the striker assembly and housing, let it dry then assemble to make sure there is nothing fouling up the striker assembly.  

thanks for your helpful suggestions. the gun has about 10k rounds. I did also thoroughly clean the striker assembly with carb cleaner and blew it dry. there was a little gunk in there, so maybe that will help. In the meantime I loaded 200 rounds with my remaining small stash of cci primers for tomorrow's match.