Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Interesting...

Can’t say I see the point of that kind of expense over an already $$$ upper & lower from QC10 or the like. Not if the only benefit is eliminating a few thousandths of play between upper and lower.

Perhaps I’m missing something.

Part of it for me is keeping my money local.

But that another conversation 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Snopczynski said:

They are close. Kevin had me cut delrin spacers for the blitzkrieg buffer setup that a bunch of the customers requested on their Kronos. 

Assume you are making the Blitzkrieg buffer setup with the wave spring and derlin spacers?

Do you sell them?

7 hours ago, Snopczynski said:

They are close. Kevin had me cut delrin spacers for the blitzkrieg buffer setup that a bunch of the customers requested on their Kronos. 

Cut an extra one for me 

LOL 

I figured I am going to start with quarters, then once I have it dialed in, I would whip something up to replace the quarters.

On 3/24/2018 at 12:20 AM, reballz said:

I run the blitzkrieg hydro buffer, jp 308 carbine spring, spacer/wave spring, faxon bcg and hiperfire 24c trigger.

Did you buy the Blitzkrieg buffer, 308 spring, spacer and wave spring as an assembly, or did you have to machine some of the parts yourself?

Did you buy the Blitzkrieg buffer, 308 spring, spacer and wave spring as an assembly, or did you have to machine some of the parts yourself?

I pieced it together. One of my buddy’s cut the delrin spacer and gave it to me. Bought the wave springs on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 3/24/2018 at 9:07 PM, Snopczynski said:

My Buffer setup is:

A5 length tube

Delrin spacer

25lb wave spring

Delrin spacer

JP Precision Ground .308 Rifle length spring

Blitzkrieg 9mm Hydraulic buffer

Shooting Innovations bolt

The rest of my build:

Magpul CTR stock with .25" cheek riser and Limb saver butt pad. 14.25" length of pull

Hogue beavertail grip with finger grooves

Shooting innovations ambi safety milled to clear my hand on the right side

Hiperfire 24c trigger - running silver springs

Charging handle has badger latch

Odin extended mag release

Isler custom carbon fiber hand guard

Shooting innovations 16" barrel

Shooting innovations Full Sail Brake

Crimson Trace CMR-206 laser

Leupold DeltaPoint Pro 2.5moa dot on DLOC mount

Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_1162.jpg

I'm putting together a new 9mm PCC build and down to selecting the buffer, stock, and receiver extension...  Since I don't have any of these items, I plan to use a mil-spec receiver extension and stock...  also planning to use the Blitzkeieg hydraulic buffer...  I have a 16inch barrel, so I'm planning to start with the Blitzkrieg hydraulic Buffer and a rifle length JP buffer spring.  Once I get my rifle running reliably, I'll start to experiment a bit with the sophisticated buffer system you are using.

My concern is that all the A5 receiver extensions that I have found all require a proprietary buffer/spring setup...  and the Blitskrieg buffer doesn't say that it is A5 buffer tube compatible...  Did you use some specific model of A5 receiver extension that is Blitzkrieg compatible?

I’d start with the tried and true .308 rifle spring and blitzkrieg buffer.

The A5 tube is obviously longer, you can simply stack quarters to de-stroke the bolt until you’re happy, or make/buy a spacer to do the same...

...or get sophisticated and run a wave spring behind a quarter or two for the buffer to impact. That’s the setup that I just installed but have not tested yet. (My gun doesn’t have an A5 tube, however.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic
8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’d start with the tried and true .308 rifle spring and blitzkrieg buffer.

The A5 tube is obviously longer, you can simply stack quarters to de-stroke the bolt until you’re happy, or make/buy a spacer to do the same...

...or get sophisticated and run a wave spring behind a quarter or two for the buffer to impact. That’s the setup that I just installed but have not tested yet. (My gun doesn’t have an A5 tube, however.)

I agree with this,  I will also probably start out this way (as blitzkrieg recommend) then go from that base line.

(I will be using a carbine length tube)

I already have the wave springs, but won't put them in to start, if only just for my own satisfaction of comparing the difference.

Edited by Startingover
7 hours ago, Startingover said:

I agree with this,  I will also probably start out this way (as blitzkrieg recommend) then go from that base line.

(I will be using a carbine length tube)

I already have the wave springs, but won't put them in to start, if only just for my own satisfaction of comparing the difference.

I just added a wave spring to my FrankenQC10Guard rifle. Looking forward to shooting it soon to see how it changes.

I’m using a carbine tube too, and the gun has a VERY short stroke - nowhere near locking back. I haven’t shot it de-stroked yet, but in general on other guns? It seems the heavier and shorter you go, the flatter it shoots. In very... VERY... general.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
10 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I just added a wave spring to my FrankenQC10Guard rifle. Looking forward to shooting it soon to see how it changes.

I’m using a carbine tube too, and the gun has a VERY short stroke - nowhere near locking back. I haven’t shot it de-stroked yet, but in general on other guns? It seems the heavier and shorter you go, the flatter it shoots. In very... VERY... general.

Tried the wave spring, spacer and spring combo in Carbine buffer tube and my blitzkrieg buffer did not last long. You can stroke it too short I guess. Right now my bolt won’t lock back but it’s right at where the catch is at. I did not like the wave spring, mad the impulse too bouncy for me. 

1 hour ago, HoMiE said:

Tried the wave spring, spacer and spring combo in Carbine buffer tube and my blitzkrieg buffer did not last long. You can stroke it too short I guess. Right now my bolt won’t lock back but it’s right at where the catch is at. I did not like the wave spring, mad the impulse too bouncy for me. 

Good to know. Were you using the 9mm blitz buffer?

I’m running the .308 one from Kynshot directly, which is the standard buffer length.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’m running the .308 one from Kynshot directly, which is the standard buffer length.

Yes, 9mm kynshot 5007 buffer. My ammo PF is 138 btw. Tried from 128-150 and 138 felt shot the best for me. 

21 hours ago, Snopczynski said:

I cut a 2nd delrin Spacer and put it in the bottom of the tube to bridge the distance the A5 tube has over the carbine length tube.

Since the derlin spacel is the same length as the difference between a carbine buffer and an A5 buffer, it cancels out any difference in the operation of your buffer.

So your benefit from the A5 tube is increased length of pull.

15 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

So that (standard length) is shorter than the 9mm one from blitzkrieg? 

Or am I thinking wrong? 

1 hour ago, Startingover said:

So that (standard length) is shorter than the 9mm one from blitzkrieg? 

Or am I thinking wrong? 

This is kynshot’s 5.0 oz buffer which is the exact same length as a factory carbine buffer when compressed. The CMMG Guard uses a full-length bolt just like a 5.56, so if you put the long 9mm buffer in... it has a very, very short stroke.

12 hours ago, Snopczynski said:

Yes, I run a 14.25” LOP. I also have a 13/16” delrin spacer in there as well to shorten the bolt travel.

I’m switching over to the Shooting Innovations 9mm RRS this week.

Do I detect a Shooting Innovations sponsorship coming up?  Congratulations if so!!!  I like their RRS buffer system...  I'm just not sure if it would work with my Taccom Extreme 9mm bolt.

I am thinking about buying one of their 9mm ramped barrels though...  They look like a nice piece...  Did you have to throat yours?  Not sure what bullet I'll be running yet, but it'll probably end up in the 1.135 range.

I have been sponsored by shooting innovations for over 2 years now. Does the Taccom bolt have a hole in it or a removable weight?

Max and I worked with Andy on developing the ramped barrel with the correct size chamber and throat for the PCC guys. You will need to either recess your bolt for the ramp or run a Shooting innovations bolt with the ramped barrel.

1 hour ago, Snopczynski said:

I have been sponsored by shooting innovations for over 2 years now. Does the Taccom bolt have a hole in it or a removable weight?

Max and I worked with Andy on developing the ramped barrel with the correct size chamber and throat for the PCC guys. You will need to either recess your bolt for the ramp or run a Shooting innovations bolt with the ramped barrel.

The Taccom Extreme bolt does not have a hole in the end, but it does have a removable weight...  I'm not sure how removing the weight from the bolt will affect the performance of the rifle.

I originally planned to buy one of Taccom's ULW sleeved barrels with a short pistol barrel, so I bought their bolt...  After I bought the bolt, I shot one of my friends guns with a Taccom  ULW barrel and decided to get a longer barrel instead.

The Taccom Extreme bolt is clearanced for their Taccom rampped barrel...  No idea if it would clear the SI ramped barrel.