Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

3 hours ago, MoRivera said:

Yeah I definitely had to find grips that filled my hand as well.  But with my firing hand up and close to my body, definitely prefer a straighter angle.  For the rifles that have a more traditional/Mil-Spec trigger pull length, I go with a Magpul MOE K2+ which also sets the grip a bit farther back from trigger in addition to being more vertical.  For other trigger groups like a POF where the trigger shoe/reach is farther out, I use the BCM Mod 2.

I use the Magpul K2+ for the same reason...  I have long fingers and the K2+ lets me bend my trigger finger a bit and put it on the indented area in front of the trigger opening on a QC10 lower.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have two almost complete guns, I decided to send the Elftmann trigger back to Elftmann.

Its occasional non reset is a pain.

Hopefully they fix it.

I got the Holosun 510c in the mail today, and put it on using the laser to sight it in, with no shots fired.

I plan on moving the Vortex Razor to my S&W 15-22,and the Burris FF III that's on it, to the new back-up 9mm

44 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Decided to try out the Rex riser under the new Holosun 510c 

It's a hair higher than I want, but I don't know if the factory riser will be tall enough.

Apparently I like it a little taller than lower 3rd !?!

This may be too much, but we will try it out.

20190222_170211.jpg

Get the Holosun riser.  I like my red dot lower-1/3 or even a little higher as well, and with the 510C it's perfect.

Riser.jpg

13 hours ago, reballz said:

Thanks bud. I ended up switching back to a vg6 Gamma comp. that rifle is a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying to do some homework for a buddy the other day, and I wasn't even sure they made a gamma for the 9mm.

Because I was explaining the difference (using this pic of my two different 556) between the gamma and the Epsilon, with the Gamma having more top slots.

20190222_185557.jpg

Edited by Startingover
37 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Thanks for the pic with the riser installed.

It was hard for me to gauge how tall the riser actually was.

This pic helps a lot!

The total thickness is 3/8".  So look at it as around 1/4" higher than absolute cowitness.

Riser2.jpg

1 hour ago, MoRivera said:

The total thickness is 3/8".  So look at it as around 1/4" higher than absolute cowitness.

Riser2.jpg

Perfect !

You convinced me.

It's on it's way from Primary Arms.

(I might have also ordered a super cheap 300 Blackout barrel while I was there LOL)

Sales are nothing but trouble for me 

Edited by Startingover
  • 2 weeks later...

I used it with the Rex riser in our local Tues night league and I like it.

I did notice that it's so tall I wasn't able to use the bottom of the circle for up close hold over adj.

I put the correct Holosun riser on it Friday and double checked zero, and comfort wise,  I didn't even notice the difference in height.

Today is USPSA so this will be the real test.

we shall see how it goes

I am pretty excited, because finally have 2 complete guns!

No more passing parts back and forth or switching uppers etc.

Now I just need to go test out the replacement Elftmann and the new Blitzkrieg HD + weight on the primay gun (top) .

The back-up/loaner gun (bottom) just needs to get the optic zeroed, since it came off the other gun when I got the 510c.

20190308_130753.jpg

4 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Sweet set of rifles you've got there!

I like the Taccom barrel on the upper rifle...  Too bad Taccom stopped making them.

Thank you sir, I have really enjoyed building and shooting them!

I think it's the perfect barrel.

I was really surprised to see they dont do them anymore.

Edited by Startingover

Finally got out to test the new replacement Elftmann and HD Blitzkrieg buffer today.

I compared the two rifles (with 115gr blazer brass) and I am not convinced the new Blitz HD version is better, but still working with it. (Not short stroked yet)

Gun 1- (13.5 Taccom  tension barrel)

A5 length tube, wave spring in bottom with a quarter, 308 carbine spring, HD Blitz buffer, + weight. (Bolt catch still works)

VS.

Gun 2- (16" barrel/vg6)

carbine lenghth tube, wave spring in the bottom with a quarter, 308 rifle spring, original Blitz buffer.

(Bolt catch just barely works)

Results = gun 2 easier to keep on target.

Next- I only switched the main springs.

Results from change =

Gun 1 - much better 

Gun 2 - not much change

(The two are very close now, but gun 2 might still be a hair easier?)

More experiments to follow.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, Startingover said:

Finally got out to test the new replacement Elftmann and HD Blitzkrieg buffer today.

I compared the two rifles (with 115gr blazer brass) and I am not convinced the new Blitz HD version is better, but still working with it. (Not short stroked yet)

Gun 1- (13.5 Taccom  tension barrel)

A5 length tube, wave spring in bottom with a quarter, 308 carbine spring, HD Blitz buffer, + weight. (Bolt catch still works)

VS.

Gun 2- (16" barrel/vg6)

carbine lenghth tube, wave spring in the bottom with a quarter, 308 rifle spring, original Blitz buffer.

(Bolt catch just barely works)

Results = gun 2 easier to keep on target.

Next- I only switched the main springs.

Results from change =

Gun 1 - much better 

Gun 2 - not much change

(The two are very close now, but gun 2 might still be a hair easier?)

More experiments to follow.

Yesterday I went out shooting with a buddy, (mostly to zero a dot on a 556 pistol build) but I realized that I haven't shortened up the stroke on my main gun (gun #1) so I added a spacer and another wave spring.

It's still much harder for me to keep #1 on target with the current setup.

#2 still seems to shoot nicer to me.

May be the difference in weight of the gun?

I am going to try and switch things around some, and see what happens.

Also out of curiosity I was shooting them both out at 110yrds on a steel half metric, and #1 was tough, but #2 was loving it!

Might be the difference in how exact the dot is sighted in?

They are both set for 15yrds.

#1 I had to hold high and left, but it didn't seem very consistent.

(I might have been the inconsistent part of the equation)

#2 put the dot on the target and ding!

Didn't matter which ammo

115g Blazer brass or 124gr Winchester NATO, (I thought the hotter ammo would help).

I forgot to try the hotter ammo in #1

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted in a while.

I am still getting hammer follow with the Elftmann trigger (number 2) in my main gun, and it's getting to be a pia.

I am going to switch it out for the CMC from the other gun for a while and see how that goes.

If it works out well,  the Elftmann is going in to one of my 556, and I will buy another CMC.

Edited by Startingover