Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

MIkie - I would stay away from aluminum charging handles.  I broke one in a match so I stick with steel. Like the Power Custom.  Higher price but worth it.

No doubt you're right. I just saw the picture and for $35 it looked pretty good.

I'm using a Raptor at the moment, but if it fails I'll probably look at the all steel.

3 hours ago, MikieM said:

No doubt you're right. I just saw the picture and for $35 it looked pretty good.

I'm using a Raptor at the moment, but if it fails I'll probably look at the all steel.

Was it the charging handle itself that broke or the latch?

Today I bought a Ranier Arms Ultramatch barrel, VG6 muzzle brake, and a Next Level Armament charging handle.

(I am not going to use the CMMG barrel and Fortis brake.)

I got the NLA charging handle because it's was a little less expensive than the Raptor, and they make one for my s&w15-22.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Looks like they fail at the latch.   Anyone try the latchless charging handles?  Strike Industries has one made out of 7075 aluminum.  

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/strike-latchless-charging-handle.html

8 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Looks like they fail at the latch.   Anyone try the latchless charging handles?  Strike Industries has one made out of 7075 aluminum.  

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/strike-latchless-charging-handle.html

No because I like my extended latch which acts as a very effective side charger for me.  I may try this the next time mine breaks:  MASP

10 hours ago, Startingover said:

I thought about these, good price 

How is that a good price? At OpticsPlanet I'm seeing around $35 for the handle and $12.95 for each tab for a total of $61.  Unless I'm missing something on the price.

The Blackhawk version is only $28.99 at Brownells.

Maybe I'll try the Blackhawk latchless version since it's a lot cheaper than the MASP.  And I am a cheap bastard.

34 minutes ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

How is that a good price? At OpticsPlanet I'm seeing around $35 for the handle and $12.95 for each tab for a total of $61.  Unless I'm missing something on the price.

The Blackhawk version is only $28.99 at Brownells.

Maybe I'll try the Blackhawk latchless version since it's a lot cheaper than the MASP.  And I am a cheap bastard.

You can use them without the extra tabs.

Plus many handles seem to run $75-120

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up an odin extended mag release and TF mag extension at Jones arms the other day when I was in there getting an update on how the receiver set is coming along.

About the only thing I have left to get is the safety lever, and an optic.

Can't decide on either.

50 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I picked up an odin extended mag release and TF mag extension at Jones arms the other day when I was in there getting an update on how the receiver set is coming along.

About the only thing I have left to get is the safety lever, and an optic.

Can't decide on either.

There are several levers available. Just make sure it is compatible with your trigger, and whether you want a 60 or 90 degree release.

Many good optics out there, as you know. Considerations would be price, weight, dot size, and possibly dot color.

You're getting close, aren't you? Make sure we see some pictures. ?

20 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I just put my rifle together, and so far I’m very happy with the Holosun 510C - not that my opinion is worth much. I havent even shot it yet.

It’s won a mational championship and it’s cheap? Yep. I went with that one.

Memphis, if it's like your Tanfos it'll run like a Singer sewing machine.

I like the picture window on the 510, but I opted for the 503C because of the weight.

29 minutes ago, MikieM said:

Memphis, if it's like your Tanfos it'll run like a Singer sewing machine.

Yeah but... my tanfo took three months of nonstop jamming to figure out. I made the “tanfoglio tuning” youtube videos on how to get them running like a Glock AFTER suffering through that!

I feel like I signed up for the same treatment: No one has gotten a Guard upper to feed from Colt mags out of a QC10 lower.

Here I am again, the same old idiot who has to be different...

Edited by MemphisMechanic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a Jones Arms Kronos

If you order both upper and lower, they come as a hand fitted set, with serial numbers etc.

They just opened up a new store front, plus one of the brothers hurt his back and is getting surgery.

So they are way behind on manufacturing them.

They are actually going set mine up with an odin upper for now, until they get caught up, then he said he will switch out the odin if I want.

Edited by Startingover

Interesting...

Can’t say I see the point of that kind of expense over an already $$$ upper & lower from QC10 or the like. Not if the only benefit is eliminating a few thousandths of play between upper and lower.

Perhaps I’m missing something.

Edited by MemphisMechanic