Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I think I am going to use an elftman trigger, and a taccom buffer, but that's about the only parts I am somewhat sure about at this point.

I run the blitzkrieg hydro buffer, jp 308 carbine spring, spacer/wave spring, faxon bcg and hiperfire 24c trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my kronos. I've got thousands of rounds through mine with zero failures. I've run round nose, trn's and hollow points through it. It eats anything i put through it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

Moving the mag forward just makes so much sense.  I wonder why everyone that makes a dedicated lower doesn't do that.

I think that most of the Glock lowers have already done that, they are just the first to advertise that as a feature.

4 hours ago, L9X25 said:

I think that most of the Glock lowers have already done that, they are just the first to advertise that as a feature.

No I don't think so.  Jones Arms has moved the mag so far forward that it's entering the chamber before it's coming off the feed lips of the magazine.  Here's a photo of the Kronos i took off one of my FB groups.image.thumb.png.47507bc18a8d061b94d4c043091db43d.png

10 hours ago, reballz said:

I run the blitzkrieg hydro buffer, jp 308 carbine spring, spacer/wave spring, faxon bcg and hiperfire 24c trigger.

I am actually leaning towards the blitzkrieg now.

I was thinking I wanted a 14" barrel 

(welded and pinned)

For the savings in weight and overall length.

But I guess a 16" barrel won't weigh that much more and will allow me to change my mind on brakes much easier.

@stick, I certainly have not done a comprehensive evaluation but both my JP and NFA lowers have that same "feature". 

Since the NFA lower is rebranded by a dozen other companies, that covers a pretty large percentage of what you can buy today.  

7 minutes ago, Startingover said:

(welded and pinned)

But I guess a 16" barrel won't weigh that much more and will allow me to change my mind on brakes much easier.

I had a 10.5 inch barrel with a Taccom welded over pin extension. The weight difference between it and a KV 16 inch barrel was about 4 ounces. I would rather sacrifice the weight to gain the bullet velocity from the 16 inch barrel. 

I want to be clear, I am NOT slamming JA or the Kronos, I am sure they are a good company that makes quality parts. 

What I am saying is that the relocated magazine is something that is not new or exclusive to JA/Kronos.  

As I have said before, when I saw their video I thought that was a brilliant idea.  I pulled out my rifles to see how they

differed and learned that they were the same.   The system obviously works, as I have never had a FTF with either of my rifles.  

(welded and pinned)

My rifle built with optic is 6pd 12oz

Just ordered the blitzkrieg buffer
Now I need to start on some BCG homework.

Any recommendations? 

Are you on Facebook? Some of the guys from the Jones arms team spends lots of their own time and money on testings. They’ve posted testing and results on some of the groups.

1 hour ago, Startingover said:

Just ordered the blitzkrieg buffer

Now I need to start on some BCG homework.

Any recommendations? 

Taccom Extreme bolt.  

• Nickel Boron Coating
  • Pivoting Extractor
  • Works with ramped and standard non ramped barrels.
  • Low drag, low weight key
  • 14.4oz
  • Works with both Glock and Colt magazines

I have a Jones Arms Kronos, and I recently overlayed my QC10 lower receiver with it. The Kronos Magwell is closer to the barrel than the QC10, and the mag is angled forwar about .5-.75 degrees more than the QC10. The difference is noticeable. My Kronos feeds all bullet profiles, no issues.

The Kronos receivers high points are:

1. Magazine is moved forward closer to the barrel, mag angle has also been changed.

2. It uses a standard AR15 magazine release button.

3. It is Billet

4. It has the nylon tipped tension set screw in the lower. This makes the upper not feel loose on the lower.

5. It has the option for drop in Last round bolt hold open.

6. If you purchase the receiver set the lower is matched to the upper and they are serialized to each other.

7. The ejector has 2 holes in it for holding it in place. This does not allow it to move angle wise like one with a single hole can. 

Currently the Kronos lower has an aluminum mag bar release in it, there is a steel setup coming out very soon. 

My Buffer setup is:

A5 length tube

Delrin spacer

25lb wave spring

Delrin spacer

JP Precision Ground .308 Rifle length spring

Blitzkrieg 9mm Hydraulic buffer

Shooting Innovations bolt

The rest of my build:

Magpul CTR stock with .25" cheek riser and Limb saver butt pad. 14.25" length of pull

Hogue beavertail grip with finger grooves

Shooting innovations ambi safety milled to clear my hand on the right side

Hiperfire 24c trigger - running silver springs

Charging handle has badger latch

Odin extended mag release

Isler custom carbon fiber hand guard

Shooting innovations 16" barrel

Shooting innovations Full Sail Brake

Crimson Trace CMR-206 laser

Leupold DeltaPoint Pro 2.5moa dot on DLOC mount

Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_1162.jpg

I have a Jones Arms Kronos, and I recently overlayed my QC10 lower receiver with it. The Kronos Magwell is closer to the barrel than the QC10, and the mag is angled forwar about .5-.75 degrees more than the QC10. The difference is noticeable. My Kronos feeds all bullet profiles, no issues.

1. Magazine is moved forward closer to the barrel, mag angle has also been changed.
3. It is Billet
4. It has the nylon tipped tension set screw in the lower. This makes the upper not feel loose on the lower.
6. If you purchase the receiver set the lower is matched to the upper and they are serialized to each other.
7. The ejector has 2 holes in it for holding it in place. This does not allow it to move angle wise like one with a single hole can. 

Currently the Kronos lower has an aluminum mag bar release in it, there is a steel setup coming out very soon. 

My Buffer setup is:
A5 length tube
Delrin spacer
25lb wave spring
Delrin spacer

The rest of my build:
Magpul CTR stock with .25" cheek riser and Limb saver butt pad. 14.25" length of pull

IMG_1162.thumb.jpg.67d567b0b837ab762c5582c568fe93c7.jpg

That’s a sexy beast

Here is why I went with jones arms and their kronos.

1. The magazine angle and distance change. The gun runs everything. Doesnt matter what barrel you run, it will feed any round. No ramp or modifications needed. My previous pcc would not run hollow points.

2. Billet upper and lower. When you order a receiver set the upper and lowers are made together. They are serialized and match fit before they are sent off to coating. Then fit checked again.

3. Mag bar and button are AR 15 style. So getting extended mag releases are the same as any AR15 parts

4. Customization. You can either order their off the shelf model which will run perfectly or when you order you can customize the build with the parts you want. If you want a specific barrel then you order the gun with that barrel or furniture or buffer or whatever parts you want the gun built with. The finished product then comes to you built and ready to be run like crazy. Unless you build the gun up yourself most companies just sell set pcc's with set parts and you would have to replace the parts with what you want later.

When I ordered mine I ordered the very specific parts i wanted. the only other complete gun i would have entertained would have been a JP and even then it was more expensive and I would have changed parts on it almost immediately making it that much more expensive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, reballz said:

Are you on Facebook? Some of the guys from the Jones arms team spends lots of their own time and money on testings. They’ve posted testing and results on some of the groups.

Yes, thank you

I have been in contact with a few of them to share info.

Great group, just like here.

I have also decided on using the Elftman trigger and Epsilon VG6 9mm brake on a most likely a Faxon barrel 

I’m running the faxon barrel with the shooting innovations fsb.

1 hour ago, Snopczynski said:

3. It is Billet

My Buffer setup is:

A5 length tube

Delrin spacer

25lb wave spring

Delrin spacer

The rest of my build:

IMG_1162.jpg

Thanks for sharing in such detail, I had most of this info in bits and pieces, between FB and what Kevin shared with me in an email.

Nice to have it all here, in one detailed list.

Edited by Startingover