Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, glad to hear it. 

I have two of the CMR-206 (green laser) and love them. Nothing like starting off a stage from the hip! They're low profile and have held up well so far. I like it for several different situations and I just use whatever dot my eye sees first (red for sight, green for laser). 

8 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

Nice, glad to hear it. 

I have two of the CMR-206 (green laser) and love them. Nothing like starting off a stage from the hip! They're low profile and have held up well so far. I like it for several different situations and I just use whatever dot my eye sees first (red for sight, green for laser). 

That is exactly what I am looking at, and just for that reason.

8 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

Nice, glad to hear it. 

Just posted in the IDPA forum about this.  So, can you start with your laser and then transition to your optic on the same stage?  Or do you have to shoot what you start with?  I couldn't find anything in the rules that would not permit it.

Nice, glad to hear it. 

My favorite start position. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 hours ago, BartCarter said:

Just posted in the IDPA forum about this.  So, can you start with your laser and then transition to your optic on the same stage?  Or do you have to shoot what you start with?  I couldn't find anything in the rules that would not permit it.

That is correct, because basically there are very few rules for PCC in USPSA 

(Yet)

LOL 

So you can line up your first shot with your laser, then when the buzzer goes off, hit the trigger, and bring the gun up to your 2nd target

20 hours ago, Startingover said:

That is correct, because basically there are very few rules for PCC in USPSA 

(Yet)

LOL 

So you can line up your first shot with your laser, then when the buzzer goes off, hit the trigger, and bring the gun up to your 2nd target

So youre shooting from the hip and then briging the gun up to shoot the rest of the stage?

40 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

I actually find that while it may look cool unless there's a LOOONG transition or only one target on your first engagement, starting from the hip and then coming up is actually slower. 

Slow is fast and all that. 

I have noticed the same thing.  Seems like it wouldn't be but manipulating the safety looking for the dot on the target and then getting the gun up for the next target all takes time ... guys that do this seem to be slower...  

34 minutes ago, Paul-the new guy said:

I have noticed the same thing.  Seems like it wouldn't be but manipulating the safety looking for the dot on the target and then getting the gun up for the next target all takes time ... guys that do this seem to be slower...  

Put a laser on that PCC.  You'll see how much faster it is to shoot from the hip.  When are we going to shoot together again?

3 hours ago, stick said:

Put a laser on that PCC.  You'll see how much faster it is to shoot from the hip.  When are we going to shoot together again?

Shooting my first steel challenge match in years at Volusia this weekend.  I was going to shoot RFPO and PCC but I am not smart enough to figure out how to register for 2 guns... So, PCC it is.   That being said, I still think a laser is slower overall. 

9 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

I actually find that while it may look cool unless there's a LOOONG transition or only one target on your first engagement, starting from the hip and then coming up is actually slower. 

Slow is fast and all that. 

As I stated above, this mostly applies to some of the classifiers.

So, yes there is only 1 target to start, then you move to the second.

It's not for use in every situation 

8 hours ago, Paul-the new guy said:

Shooting my first steel challenge match in years at Volusia this weekend.  I was going to shoot RFPO and PCC but I am not smart enough to figure out how to register for 2 guns... So, PCC it is.   That being said, I still think a laser is slower overall. 

I will safely guess that a laser will slow you down in SC vs. a properly practiced technique with the sights.  Remember that you have to start every string with the gun shouldered and aimed on the start flag in low ready, so there's no "Oh, look, my first shot just happens to be aimed already!" type of starts.  I suppose it might be an advantage for some shooters on the first shot of Smoke and Hope, but after the first shot you'll be properly shouldered and going fast using your sights.  Maybe the same could be true on Accelerator's first shot if you start on the near large plate.  Beyond that, you'll get left in the dust with authority if you try to use a laser for aiming, at least in my humble opinion.  So, on second thought, if anybody wants to compete against me using a laser:  it's a great idea!!!  ??????????

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 7:11 AM, Acer2428 said:

Nice, glad to hear it. 

I got mine today 

20181102_175222.jpg

39 minutes ago, Startingover said:

The R.O. chuckled and said to me "now that's how you use a laser for your weak hand!"

No matter what, it was fun, and that is the biggest reason I do this!

Fun is the ONLY reason you need!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been running the Next Level Armament charging handle.

I originally choose it because it was a few dollars cheaper than many others, but mostly because they also make one for my S&W M&P 15-22.

I often see many people recomend the Radian Raptor, and I know it's a quality product.

They just started making one for the S&W M&P 15-22 so I thought I would grab one to try out on my PCC for a while.

If I don't like it I can put it onto another gun.

Here is a comparison of the width of the two, I think I will end up sticking with the NLA after the test period, because I like the extra width, as it helps hold the gun up off of tables etc.

But we shall see.

20181201_085445.jpg