Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

9 hours ago, Snopczynski said:

I have been talking to Zack Smith. He indicated that Max and him pulled their wave springs out because they were getting inconsistent dot bounce as the spring wore. 

How many rounds before you start to see changes?   

If the wave spring last several thousand rounds and makes a definite improvement, replacing a $3 wave spring on a regular basis should not be a problem. 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

If the wave spring last several thousand rounds and makes a definite improvement, replacing a $3 wave spring on a regular basis should not be a problem. 

Kind of what I was thinking.

I know those guys go through a lot more rnds than I do!

4 hours ago, Startingover said:

Kind of what I was thinking.

I know those guys go through a lot more rnds than I do!

Timing is everything.  I sat on the "wave spring" fence for a while now.  Finally man'd up and ordered a couple.  Next day I read here that the big boys are tossing 'em.  ?

I just talked to Zack. He’s noncommittal on whether this is a serious problem or not, and how bad, and at what round count.

Mostly they’re off the wave spring because he and Max are testing a prototype of something else right now, which I probsbly shouldn’t mention.

Don’t run and ditch your wave springs just because the internet told you to. Hell, they’re 5 for $12 via Amazon prime. I can afford to swap it out whenever it’s needed.

Shoot what works in your gun through testing. Not what some guy says is cool. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic
1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I just talked to Zack. He’s noncommittal on whether this is a serious problem or not, and how bad, and at what round count.

Mostly they’re off the wave spring because he and Max are testing a prototype of something else right now, which I probsbly shouldn’t mention.

;) 

Russian collusion ?

On 8/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, RaylanGivens said:

Thanks for the update...  I am running an A5 tube,  Blitz 5007 buffer with the .308 carbine spring, a wave spring, 12 quarters and no weight in my Taccom Extreme 9mm bolt...  It shoots well, but I'm still in the initial tuning stage.

I have a .308 rifle spring, but thought it was too long, so I started with the .308 carbine spring...  I'm currently shooting 115gr JHP bullets in the 130pf range...  Would the .308 rifle spring help my setup, or is it mainly for hotter ammo?

Have you tried the rifle length spring yet?

Mine should be here next week.

I had a spring with 1,500 rounds on it and I could tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! I run a a cheap PSA9 lower with a cheap matrax upper glock factory 33 rd mags. It has run 100 % with any 9mm I throw in it holds 2-3 inches at 25 yards.But if you got the money to throw away it is nice. Myself I buy ammo with all that extra money 

Edited by usmc1974
Spelling
33 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

WOW! I run a a cheap PSA9 lower with a cheap matrax upper glock factoty 33 rd mags. It has run 100 % with any 9mm I throw in it holds 2-3 inches at 25 yards.But if you got the money to throw away it is nice. Myself I buy ammo with all that extra money 

I have chosen to spend a little extra $ to buy the exact pieces that I want, from a local manufacturer, that supports the local shooting sports.

So far I am pretty happy with how it turned out, and the way it's running.

Thanks for the input about how yours is running, many guys here are using a similar setup, with similar results. 

On 8/25/2018 at 11:34 AM, RaylanGivens said:

I haven't tried it yet... 

Shooting a local monthly match tomorrow...  Hope to get a day off next week to test.

I just got back from the range.

100 ish rnds later, I think the 308 rifle spring is better than the 308 carbine spring.

(When using 115gr blazer brass ammo)

20180903_165705.jpg

15 hours ago, Startingover said:

I just got back from the range.

100 ish rnds later, I think the 308 rifle spring is better than the 308 carbine spring.

(When using 115gr blazer brass ammo)

Agreed...  I came to the same conclusion... 

Tried them both at the range using 115gr rounds at 130pf... 

13 hours ago, Startingover said:

I will start to shorten the stroke next

I tested that at the range, too...  I had a bunch of quarters and added them one at a time to see if they helped or not...  I'm currently one quarter before being able to lock the bolt back.

When I got home, I found that one (or some?) of the quarters seemed to have slipped inside the wave spring...  The wave spring bent and was dragging on the buffer tube...  I assume the spring and quarters bounced around while shooting...  I measured all the quarters and the collapsed dimension of the wave spring and made a delrin spacer...  Shot it that way in a match on Sunday and it worked well.

8 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

I tested that at the range, too...  I had a bunch of quarters and added them one at a time to see if they helped or not...  I'm currently one quarter before being able to lock the bolt back.

When I got home, I found that one (or some?) of the quarters seemed to have slipped inside the wave spring...  The wave spring bent and was dragging on the buffer tube...  I assume the spring and quarters bounced around while shooting...  I measured all the quarters and the collapsed dimension of the wave spring and made a delrin spacer...  Shot it that way in a match on Sunday and it worked well.

Nice

I wanted to get rid of the quarters, so I dug around in the garage and found this bushing that was a little shorter than my current stack of quarters, so I just added another wave spring to make up the difference.

It just at the point where I can still lock open the bolt.

20180904_170620-1.jpg

On 8/23/2018 at 9:01 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Don’t run and ditch your wave springs just because the internet told you to. Hell, they’re 5 for $12 via Amazon prime. I can afford to swap it out whenever it’s needed.

Shoot what works in your gun through testing. Not what some guy says is cool. ;) 

They start to compress fairly quickly.

Here is mine next to a new one, at 500 ish rnds

20180904_165455.jpg