Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am diving into the PCC pool

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on in, the water's fine.

I took a peek at the Kronos website and saw a drawing of a new upper and lower that is going in to production. Was the price they indicated for that?

If so, it seems a bit on the high side for the guns we use.

If you want top-of-the-line stuff look no further than Quarter Circle 10. My opinion, of course. 

1 hour ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Just curious ... why did you order this brand with a 2 month wait versus any other brand which is immediately available?

I think I remember a video of their booth at the Shot Show where they made some pretty impressive claims about their design.

After further analysis, they were not really that different to what is being produced by everyone else, just that nobody was illustrating 

those specific features.  

8 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Never heard of them.   Just curious ... why did you order this brand with a 2 month wait versus any other brand which is immediately available?

The biggest reason is they are a local business, so I figured I would keep some of the money here.

But at first look, they really seem to be on to a good product.

Basically they have moved the mag forward, so they seem to feed better than most.

Only time will tell though, because it is a very new design, and what looks good on paper. ..........

8 hours ago, MikieM said:

Come on in, the water's fine.

I took a peek at the Kronos website and saw a drawing of a new upper and lower that is going in to production. Was the price they indicated for that?

If so, it seems a bit on the high side for the guns we use.

If you want top-of-the-line stuff look no further than Quarter Circle 10. My opinion, of course. 

I think a few of guys I know are using the qc10 with good results.

6 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Basically they have moved the mag forward, so they seem to feed better than most.

We spent a lot of money and effort to make our PCC's as reliable as humanly possible.

Never seen a Kronos or even heard of them before finding this thread, but if moving the magazine forward increases reliability, it may be money well spent.

Be sure to let us know, once received, how well it works.

Flatlander I'm have go get a good Marlin Camp 9, and show you how a $300 rifle can get the job done.   I had one, and it whopped all those high dollar AR's at the IDPA 2 guns, without breaking a sweat, but then so did my Knock off M1 carbine.   Its the Injin not the bow! LOL

Haven't seen you in a while!

Ron, I started my ill fated 3 gun career with an M1 carbine.  Whenever I was able to go through a full 15 rd magazine without a malfunction it was cause for celebration.

For PCC I stepped up to a PSA AR-9 (actually several of them).  Some on the forum consider them to be the Hyundai of the PCC world but I've had excellent luck with them.   It goes to show that you may not need a $2000 gun to have a heck of a good time.   

1 hour ago, Startingover said:

That is precisely what they said in the video from the Shot Show that got my attention.  They said that they moved the magazine closer to the barrel so that the rounds feed into the chamber before they leave the magazine.  Basically a "controlled feed" where the rounds are never loose.  Sounded like an outstanding idea to me!  Then I pulled out my JP and my NFA and found out that they both did the exact same thing, just had never bothered to mention it because the majority of the competition has done the same thing.  But I have to give them credit for their marketing idea!

Edited by L9X25
1 minute ago, Startingover said:

Well I really appreciate the knowledge and experience everyone shares here.

I am sure I will have many questions for you guys

Same here. I'm going to get something just to play with a few times a year. I have a brand new Stag AR9 that takes Colt mags but I need to get a Glock pattern for the ease of reloads. I don't want to spend a bunch so I'm leaning towards a CK probably. The guys I know running them are pretty happy and I can get team pricing. 

Steve,

The projectile enters the chamber while the rear of the case is still controlled within the feed lips of the magazine.  At that point, the bullet has to feed into the chamber since it would have to back out of the chamber to mis-feed.  

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, Startingover said:

Just ordered a Jones Arms Kronos upper and lower.

They said it's about 2 months out.

(They can't make them fast enough)

So now I wait, and do homework.

I would like to do this right (or close to it) the first time.

Does anyone here have experience with the Kronos? 

Here's what was said about the Kronos:

"They moved the magazine location forward and changed the mag angle.   With the way they designed it, the round is entering the chamber before it even leaves the mag lips.  By doing this there is bored need for a ramped barrel.   I have ran every bullet and they all feed without issue."

1 minute ago, Startingover said:

Looking for suggestions on setups for the BCG and Buffer for using 115g factory ammo.

Taccom Extreme Bolt and Taccom 3 stage buffer

Experiment with the weight in and out of the BCG.

Experiment with the Taccom spring and a Carbine Spring.

I'm shooting 124gr and I went No weight in the BCG and the Taccom Spring.

15 minutes ago, stick said:

Taccom Extreme Bolt and Taccom 3 stage buffer

Experiment with the weight in and out of the BCG.

Experiment with the Taccom spring and a Carbine Spring.

I'm shooting 124gr and I went No weight in the BCG and the Taccom Spring.

Thanks, those are on my list of maybe.

So this helps

e54f30814a332f4a96666a6011d1e90b.jpg

Absolutely love my Kronos. There are so many things that Jones fixed with the ar9 design that are outstanding. I saw mention of moving the mag forward. The Kronos uses a traditional ar15 style mag release. Screws go throw the ejector locking in the ejector rather than holding it in by tension. The newer receivers have the option for last round hold open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk