Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Software Program To Buy?

harley45

This might not be detailed enough for you, but I use MS PowerPoint with a collection of prop templates I've gathered from various sites or setup myself.

I'd be more than happy to e-mail them to you.

I normally just do the stage design in PowerPoint and stick that in Word where I have the text ready to go.

JFD That is what I was thinking may work best if you have templates I have the software programs mentioned my e-mail is ejkelley@kconline.com

Thanks

How hard is the transfer from power point to word I've never tried that.

Eric

Or just link the PowerPoint object into word. That way when you make the inevitable changes it just follows along in the word doc.

That is what I have used for the past several years and it works great.

• 3 months later...

I seem to recall reading here or "somewhere" that someone had done a set of stage design templates for Microsoft Visio. Of course now I can't find it (yes, I searched it).

Did I just dream this or maybe it was a request similar to this one that is lurking back in my brain?

StageCAD is a free 3d stage design tool that allows you to create IPSC stages in 3-d.

There's a learning curve but once you get the hang of it designing stages, or at least documenting existing stages, is a snap.

It has a 'walkthrough' mode where you can walk your virtual stage. I use it to spot shoot throughs and RO traps.

I've been using it for about 18 months and it makes set up day much easier.

I seem to recall reading here or "somewhere" that someone had done a set of stage design templates for Microsoft Visio. Of course now I can't find it (yes, I searched it).

Did I just dream this or maybe it was a request similar to this one that is lurking back in my brain?

Here ya go,

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17390

• 2 months later...