Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom build finally here

Cliveb

After struggling for a couple of years to get my Edge to work, my wife offered to help me get a nice custom build - the last straw was a major stoppage at the IPSC World Shoot while she was watching - she was "and why haven't you ordered the new gun yet?"

Anyway, here in Europe there aren't as many gun builders as in the States, but I was lucky to get in touch with probably the best gun builder from neighbouring Italy - was a wait of several months but, man was it worth it!

Here she is, my RV Custom "Vampire" in .40 S&W. Cerakoted to my specs, stippled grip, unbelievable fit, everything blended perfectly...and a balance that has to be experienced to be believed. She's actually heavier than my Edge, but feels lighter because the centre of gravity is just above my knuckles. She settles back from recoil every so sweetly and consistently - nothing as compared to a factory gun. The barrel lockup is out of this world - it's actually his special touch.:bow:

Busy running her in right now - 1650 flawless rounds already sent downrange - another 2K to go before her first overseas level III in Vienna in mid April.

Apologies for the cruddy cellphone pic - it doesn't do her justice.

Just had to share :wub:

28577474_1164776406990498_2041995452442712825_n.jpg

Edited by Cliveb

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Am at 2500 rounds now - without a single stoppage other than with badly bulged, ancient brass (and this is running in??). Getting more and more used to her with every session - shot a couple of informal matches with friends and it's amazing how forgiving she is - I can get away with stuff which I couldn't dream about with my old Edge.

Pleased as punch..and yes, wife is indeed a keeper!

20 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

That’s purty, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I saw the proposed slide serrations for the first time I wasn't sold..but then they grew on me, and I really like them. They are great to rack the slide from the front and they nibble away at quite a bit of weight, while still keeping her quite sedate.

5 hours ago, Loudgp said:

Nice looking firearm, different slide cuts for sure...

Quite a unique look! I'm very conservative and was a bit lairy when I saw the design, but he begged me to go with it - "it's your gun, there won't be another one like it. I can build you an edge clone, but what's the point?" And I must say, he was dead right. In "the flesh" she looks really dramatic :-)

More importantly, she runs like a hungry cheetah! It feels as if I'm cheating - although I'm not complaining.

Here's a vid from one of my first sessions with her - she was so tight that I couldn't rack the slide (loosened up nicely now).

I wasn't shooting as I should have been, but was enjoying being able to whack the trigger...was still getting a sight picture, and...what the hell, it was fun :-)

On 3/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, Cliveb said:

Here's a vid from one of my first sessions with her - she was so tight that I couldn't rack the slide (loosened up nicely now).

I wasn't shooting as I should have been, but was enjoying being able to whack the trigger...was still getting a sight picture, and...what the hell, it was fun :-)

Looking good!

On 3/23/2018 at 2:19 AM, inkballedtarget said:

Thats fantastic! Italians know how to build some nice guns. Congratulations on your new blaster

That's true - they have one helluva firearms industry - and this one is among the best of a good bunch.

I'm really enjoying range sessions :-)

6 hours ago, jswhitesell619 said:

Very good looking fun! The serrations are different but I like it!

Inspired by designs on pottery from ancient Greece - referencing the Mediterranean context....