Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW / Henning prepped sear

Can anybody tell me the difference between the EGW sear, and the "prepped" version by Henning?

Need a new sear for a Limited, and wonder if Henning is worth the extra. Or any other suggestions. Relatively new to tanfo. Thank you!

Edited by NoKimberDave

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Avenida said:

curious as to what kind of fitting are we talking about in the sear? 

I am running a Extreme sear and other than fitting the safety, am I missing anything?

You’re thinking of a DA/SA gun correct?

They’re discussing a Limited gun which is single-action and the platform the EGW sear is designed for.

2 hours ago, Avenida said:

curious as to what kind of fitting are we talking about in the sear? 

I am running a Extreme sear and other than fitting the safety, am I missing anything?

Pretravel, break, timing, etc can be modified w the sear.  but, tig welding exact amounts and filing back to an exact dimension and shape...  hard.  the EGW SA only sear has longer leg to allow only removal of material. But, it's thru hard.  it also does not have the bit to activate the drop safety block

Is there a big improvement in trigger with the EGW sear and hammer? I think Im going to replace my sear coming up soon and was looking at the EGW. My sear looks like its starting to develop a wear mark on it.  My trigger is decent now was just curious?

My trigger is creepy with a long reset. It has a Henning trigger, but stock hammer and sear.

I am debating between the henning hammer and sear or the Extreme sear and hammer. Just not sure what will give me the best SA trigger.

Also, curious if people ditch the FPB?

Edited by NoKimberDave
spelling

The Henning prepped EGW sear and hammer or titan or unica hammer would be my recommendation.

I'm told the unica has the best sa hammer hooks (unverified) and the egw and titan are close to each other.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, johnbu said:

The Henning prepped EGW sear and hammer or titan or unica hammer would be my recommendation.

I'm told the unica has the best sa hammer hooks (unverified) and the egw and titan are close to each other.

Wow, that Unica looks cool. Seems to be unobtainable though?

Probably do the Henning. Doesn't appear to be a cheaper way to go! Which is fine. The parts I have seen by him have been top notch. I squadded with him on a match coming up, so I intend to pick his brain between stages, lol.

The EGW hammer and sear that's prepped by Henning is well worth the money its very crisp it shortens up the take up and the reset, though I am using the Henning flat trigger system also which has pre travel and over travel adjustment. It also lightened my trigger pull around around 1/4-3/8oz. I also didn't do any fitting to the hammer or sear I put it in the gun and it works. I'm sure if I want to get the most out of it I can do some fitting to make the already short take up and reset better, I would like the reset to be a little bit less but it is already much much better than the stock sear and titan hammer the take up to really great to start with though (maybe I'm just picky lol). The trigger pull I'm getting on my lyman gauge is an avg of about 1lb 13oz at the bottom of the trigger and around 2lbs 8oz in the middle of the trigger so if you avg those out its around 2lbs 3oz. Hope this gives some good info on the Henning kit.

Edited by sean_stw

1 hour ago, sean_stw said:

The EGW hammer and sear that's prepped by Henning is well worth the money its very crisp it shortens up the take up and the reset, though I am using the Henning flat trigger system also which has pre travel and over travel adjustment. It also lightened my trigger pull around around 1/4-3/8oz. I also didn't do any fitting to the hammer or sear I put it in the gun and it works. I'm sure if I want to get the most out of it I can do some fitting to make the already short take up and rest better, I would like the rest to be a little bit less but it is already much much better than the stock sear and titan hammer the take up to really great to start with though (maybe I'm just picky lol). The trigger pull I'm getting on my lyman gauge is an avg of about 1lb 13oz at the bottom of the trigger and around 2lbs 8oz in the middle of the trigger so if you avg those out its around 2lbs 3oz. Hope this gives some good info on the Henning kit.

Thanks for the info! 

And thanks to everyone else as well. Think this is the way I'm gonna go.