Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the best upgrades you`ve done 650xl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, xdr said:

What aftermarket upgrades have you done and would recommend?

xdr

If you didn't get a casefeeder, then get a casefeeder. Then get a bullet feeder. Then bearing kit, lighting kits, roller handles, etc etc etc. 

Look up the 650 tips and tricks thread. Enough stuff there to keep you busy reading for a week.

I do have the case feeder and dillon roller handle. I was thinking about the Reloading Innovations lighting system and also their spill stop system as my next investment. Any feedback on either of those?

I will install mr. bullet feeder once I get more experience with the press - I've had it for a while but have only loaded ~2500-3000 rounds on it due to work and travel. 

1 hour ago, xdr said:

I do have the case feeder and dillon roller handle. I was thinking about the Reloading Innovations lighting system and also their spill stop system as my next investment. Any feedback on either of those?

I will install mr. bullet feeder once I get more experience with the press - I've had it for a while but have only loaded ~2500-3000 rounds on it due to work and travel. 

I have the lighting system from them. It’s the best system I have tried. Plenty of light right where you need it.

Best upgrade..... this Forum! Answers to all my questions, insights and reviews on all matter XL 650 related haha

For me, aside from what has already been mentioned I would say the Primer Stop Switch.  

Uniquetek Micrometer for the powder bar.  Simply awesome.  I've done all the others but this makes life so easy - #1 in my book.

Someone needs to re-design the 3 brass case holders/pin so they don't keep getting sucked up by the vacuum.  I hate digging around in the vacuum bag. yuk.  You'd think I'd learn but noooo.

Edited by MikeyScuba

1 hour ago, MikeyScuba said:

Uniquetek Micrometer for the powder bar.  Simply awesome.  I've done all the others but this makes life so easy - #1 in my book.

Someone needs to re-design the 3 brass case holders/pin so they don't keep getting sucked up by the vacuum.  I hate digging around in the vacuum bag. yuk.  You'd think I'd learn but noooo.

Well, I'm glad to see it isnt just me...hahaha...

13 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Someone else besides me has done that too!

Case Feeder should be standard on a 650.....what nonsense.

Extra primer tubes

Spare parts kit..MANDATORY !

spent primer hose adapter.....gallon jug under the bench....brilliant!

Roller handle with foam pad cover

Mr. Bullet Feeder....as effective as the case feeder....why did I wait so long...dumb.

Zip tie on main frame to stabilize round with MBF..and zip tie to diasable primer arm...cheap and simple.

Tons of quality lighting!!!....old eyes....

best of luck!

Dillon casefeeder

Mr Bulletfeeder

Kit to catch used primers in coke bottle under bench

Bearing for shellplate and lightened detent ball & spring

Reloading innovations spill stop & halo-type lighting system

EBay parts that replace the palstic indexing ramp and the rod that rides up and down the case feed slide with ones that have roller bearings.

All VERY worth the money.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Dont not put any money into your casefeeder-equipped 650 until you get a Mr Bulletfeeder for it though. It’s worth twice the $400 it costs.

List is now 525! 

If you 3D print, there are files online....

18 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Dont not put any money into your casefeeder-equipped 650 until you get a Mr Bulletfeeder for it though. It’s worth twice the $400 it costs.

16 hours ago, johnbu said:

List is now 525! 

It's $469, depending on caliber, here https://www.dillonprecision.com/mr-bulletfeeder-by-double-alpha_8_131_26506.html