Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

I would go 357 Sig  for the extra oomph.. i enjoyed my 357 sig when i had one in a 229 and as you said the comp would work better.. 38 super would be awesome to bad its just to long 

How is that mount and where did you get it i see it says carver but can't read the rest thats a interesting setup wouldn't mind something like that for my 1911 railed 10mm  a optic would be nice 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Bud White said:

How is that mount and where did you get it i see it says carver but can't read the rest thats a interesting setup wouldn't mind something like that for my 1911 railed 10mm  a optic would be nice 

Good eye, that is the Carver Custom "universal" optic mount. Unfortunately in the current form it is a bit too "universal" to work for the P320, but based on some feedback and suggestions I corresponded with them on they are working on making something that is a bit more P320-specific, possibly with a couple other neat features that will really make it stand out...

I'll have more updates on it when they get back with the new tweaked version they're working on

To keep things a little less confusing, from this point forward I will be delineating between the two pistols using "RS320" (Roland Special) for the slide-mounted optic version and "CW320" (Cola Warrior) for the frame-mounted optic version

Had my T1C holster delivered the other day and carried the 320 for the first time yesterday. Early in the day while running around doing some errands, I noticed the mag release got depressed and found the mag behind me in the car seat. Didn’t think much of it. Went out a bit later on my motorcycle for dinner. When I got home, I was missing the mag again. It’s either at the restaurant, the gas station or in the middle of the road somewhere. I assume my backpack must’ve pressed it into me and released the mag again. Sucks it happened the first time carrying the gun. I feel like a bad gun owner. And a $70 mistake for a new mag and carry ammo. 

18 hours ago, EricZ said:

Had my T1C holster delivered the other day and carried the 320 for the first time yesterday. Early in the day while running around doing some errands, I noticed the mag release got depressed and found the mag behind me in the car seat. Didn’t think much of it. Went out a bit later on my motorcycle for dinner. When I got home, I was missing the mag again. It’s either at the restaurant, the gas station or in the middle of the road somewhere. I assume my backpack must’ve pressed it into me and released the mag again. Sucks it happened the first time carrying the gun. I feel like a bad gun owner. And a $70 mistake for a new mag and carry ammo. 

Hmm...I haven't run into any issues with the mag accidentally ejecting while my gun is in the T1C holster. Certainly something to keep an eye on though

Just back from the range, another 300 malfunctionless rounds for a total of 3,750 on the RS320. Worked on slidelock reloads a bit tonight, which showed a need to continue working on slidelock reloads as I bobbled several of them. Overall an uneventful trip to the range.

Work schedule still hasn't permitted me to get to the gunsmith to get the additional parts installed, but at the latest I will have a lull in the next two weeks and can get it there then. Question then becomes how quickly my gunsmith can get the work done and get the pistol back into my possession...

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

FYI for anyone interested, SG Ammo is currently having a sale on 1,000 round cases of Winchester 9mm NATO; 

https://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/1000-rounds-9mm-nato-124-grain-winchester-mil-spec-ammo-q4318 

I just ordered more myself

Any observations on velocity/PF? I tend to like stuff in the 128-132 range, but this seems like it will likely be hotter.

It's advertised as being similar to a factory loaded +P round, 124gr at about 1,150fps. I haven't independently verified that with a chrono myself yet, but it feels exactly the same as other 124gr +P factory loads I've shot through my comped pistol

54 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

It's advertised as being similar to a factory loaded +P round, 124gr at about 1,150fps. I haven't independently verified that with a chrono myself yet, but it feels exactly the same as other 124gr +P factory loads I've shot through my comped pistol

Yeah, probably too hot for me. That comes out to 142PF. Good deal on training ammo though.

4 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Yeah, probably too hot for me. That comes out to 142PF. Good deal on training ammo though.

I use it as training ammo because it matches the recoil profile exactly of the Hornady Critical Duty 124gr +P loads I run in the pistol for defensive/carry duties, so it allows me to train for the same recoil characteristics for slightly less money. And there's almost always an online retailer having a sale on 1,000 round cases of the stuff

I finally - FINALLY - have time to take the RS320 to my gunsmith this afternoon to get the Apex trigger and Romeo1 shroud installed and have them re-zero it. While I'm there I'm going to see if I can have them quickly remove the iron sights from the slide of the CW320, hopefully while I wait. More updates coming soon!

RS320 is back in the hands of my 'smith, and the CW320 inches closer to completion. This is still the version of the "universal" mount that doesn't quite work properly on the P320, but the modified parts that are P320-specific should be on the way any day now. This mount sits about as low over the slide as it can get while still being functional (once you remove the iron sights);

IMG_3113.JPG

Just back from the range and the training class I took. Picked up the RS320 from my gunsmith right before the class. I'll need to do a bit more shooting to get a more thorough overview of the new trigger (class was mostly lecture, 50 round shooting portion), but initial impressions are good. Pull weight feels about the same as before which was what I was hoping, but pre-travel is nearly entirely removed and the overall trigger travel is noticeably shorter as well;

IMG_3181.JPG