Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future EDC <- -> Current EDC.

“You’re not really going to carry a full-on Open gun for EDC CCW, are you?” Yes, yes I am. “But why?!” Because I finally can.

Thanks to the inevitable intersection and availability of high-quality concealment holsters, rugged miniaturized pistol red dot sights, precision match-grade aftermarket component support, and the boringly reliable modular core architecture of the P320 platform, the dividing line between the absolute optimal performance configuration for any handgun and what is practical to conceal and carry on a daily basis is about to be obliterated. This is not a race gun. This is the next evolution of the modern fighting pistol. This is the EVO320 project;

A1D48172-BABB-44DD-9F0B-1CF7D480BBF1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally was able to catch up on this thread from start to finish and I am so thankful for the amount of information here! After being absolutely anti-320 since it came out I made the mistake of picking up a p365 and realizing they are engineering marvels. Next up was a p320 pro carry, which I am currently using your thread as an inspiration for. I am anxiously awaiting your report on the accuracy of the killer innovation barrel vs the bar sto. I was planning on picking up an x5 legion for my range gun, but why not dump those funds into one of these monsters you have created. 

Ejection shouldn’t be an issue whatsoever, the rearmost part of the optic mount is nearly a full inch forward of the front of the ejection port with the slide locked to the rear (pic attached). While this particular gun is not intended for competition use, the lessons learned can be directly applied to a dedicated Open P320 build. It’s now well within the realm of possibility to have a P320 Open pistol without having to get any extremely expensive one-off custom parts made, as the Atlas Gunworks 2011 optic mount is the perfect dimensions for the P320 and the ACE320 grip module will be a solid mounting platform to retain zero. Just add whatever length compensated slide assembly you desire and you’re off to the races

22AAB74A-8A93-472A-A09D-1C152114EE96.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

After a lengthy delay I’ll be getting the EVO320 to my gunsmith this week for installation of the optic mount, which will make it functional. I’ve got a couple additional parts to add after that before it’s completely finished, but at least it will be in a shootable condition!

7 hours ago, 99mpower said:

pretty crazy evolution on this project. nicely done staying with it

Thank you for following along! There’s still plenty more to come, I imagine I’ll be doing experiments and building different variations on this platform for many more years

7 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Slide racker

You are correct sir! Since there won’t be any iron sights or an optic on the EVO320 slide to catch on a belt or obstacle for one-handed manipulations, I figured it would be a good idea to add something that can be used as a ledge to cycle the slide. It will be drastically reduced in size to make it much more suitable for carry, but the principle and use will remain the same

On 5/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, Rudukai13 said:

Anyone care to guess what this little piece is? Wrong answers only:

Nice!

That's the shoulder thing that goes up.

In all seriousness, I've enjoyed watching the different revisions - very cool, and gives me a slightly unhealthy(from a financial standpoint) itch to move to a more modular platform.

I highly recommend it if you have the means, it’s a very fun addiction! Especially as it relates to the P320 platform specifically, the aftermarket support is exploding as manufacturers start to realize how popular the platform is and that it’s going to be around for a long time with Mil/LEO adoptions

• 2 weeks later...

Just read your build(s) thread. Wow...

Very relevant and detailed information...thank you for that! You seem like an OCD guy when it comes to your blasters and I mean that in a good way! 😆 These really are modular marvels. I have a couple p320 builds going on myself that Ill share when complete. One for open and one for EDC. I don't have the cajones to stuff an open gun in my trousers though. I already feel the naked xcarry with irons is cumbersome IWB. Don't know how the hell you carry that rig man! 

Anyways...thanks for the inspiration!

20 hours ago, jmleenz said:

Just read your build(s) thread. Wow...

Very relevant and detailed information...thank you for that! You seem like an OCD guy when it comes to your blasters and I mean that in a good way! 😆 These really are modular marvels. I have a couple p320 builds going on myself that Ill share when complete. One for open and one for EDC. I don't have the cajones to stuff an open gun in my trousers though. I already feel the naked xcarry with irons is cumbersome IWB. Don't know how the hell you carry that rig man! 

Anyways...thanks for the inspiration!

Always happy to inspire others to spend money modifying their guns! It’ll be a bit of trial and error to conceal the frame-mounted RDS pistol comfortably, but I’m confident I’ll get it figured out

I have their modified grip module and brass magwell on the way (this will be the grip module for my Open + Limited blaster) but I chose to do the fitment/epoxy work myself so I can custom fit it to my hand. Scott said they use Devcon 5-minute epoxy so that is what I'll be using. Have you experienced any movement or fitment issues with yours? 

2 hours ago, jmleenz said:

I have their modified grip module and brass magwell on the way (this will be the grip module for my Open + Limited blaster) but I chose to do the fitment/epoxy work myself so I can custom fit it to my hand. Scott said they use Devcon 5-minute epoxy so that is what I'll be using. Have you experienced any movement or fitment issues with yours? 

None whatsoever, they’ve both been rock solid since the day I got them. I did have SP do the installation work on my grip modules, but if you have the tools and technical knowledge to do it yourself I don’t see any reason why not to give it a go

In true fashion to the saying “idle hands are the devil’s workshop”, while the EVO320 is out getting some plastic surgery (metal surgery?) from my ‘smith, I’ve been thinking about different things I could do with this spare FDE grip module I’ve had for a while now. I’m leaning towards the possibility of a RS320 Mini, using a X-Compact as the starting point and utilizing the Parker Mountain Machine Micro compensator. When added to the 3.6” X-Compact slide, the PMM Micro compensator creates an overall length that’s flush with the Compact dustcover:

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p417/PMM_P320__Micro_JTTC_and_Barrel_Combo_.html

Curse this fantastically modular and modifiable platform...I am never gonna financially recover from this

3EC4372B-A8BC-4101-A798-B9D136CCF2AE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Returning to the range today after a long hiatus! I’ll be pumping up the round count through RS320B mainly, as it assumes the role of designated range/practice pistol. The EVO320 should be back in my hands by the end of this week as well, and will finally be in an operable condition - meaning another range trip will be in order shortly thereafter for an extensive shakedown. Pictures will come later this evening!