Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

Thanks for the info! Really good to know. Ever since the legion came out, I've been dabbling with trying to figure out how to get a USPSA Open gun built out with a p320. Looks like there's still a little ways to go to make it possible shooting major.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hereby declaring my official petition to change the phrase “Fall back” to “Extra hour of dryfire practice day”. I really need to get the Apex trigger kit installed in RS320B, it is so much better than the stock X-Series trigger and it would mean the RS320B build was officially complete...

97EBE960-3266-49F6-982D-CF4CE6225756.jpeg

532373C7-4E57-4A8B-9B10-A19DD7FCCC2F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Obligatory EDC/pocket dump pic. Thank god for cargo pants.

RS320A is my daily carry as it was always intended to be. I will say though, if the EVO320 project works out as I hope it will, I will likely be transitioning to it as my designated EDC. If what I have in mind pans out, it’ll be no more challenging/difficult to carry concealed than the RS320 platform but with a few keys advantages that make it a better platform overall

D0030569-2C86-400D-9C99-786A183A2CE4.jpeg

The 508T installs on the Atlas mount with a reassuring “click” down onto the recoil bosses, very well made interface by Atlas Gunworks. The circle-dot reticle is bright, crisp, and the auto-adjust system works very well. Initial impressions leave me very impressed with Holosun. The EVO320 inches closer to operational...

A3B9148E-7FC5-47DE-A21E-1896A5BC73FA.jpeg

A3A25E86-B3CF-47C6-83D0-77C2930F4470.jpeg

45071CDE-1645-4BF2-85FD-5294330AFC34.jpeg

Well I can’t say I’m not a bit disappointed;

The company about to release aluminum P320 grip modules missed all the other features I was hoping they would include other than it being made out of aluminum. Split the difference between Fullsize and Compact with a Carry size, no magwell compatibility, no rough grip texturing. It’ll still work for the EVO320 build as it’ll be solid enough to attach the optic mount to, but I will be looking to replace it at the first available opportunity whenever a better option comes to market.

Damn it I had high hopes for this thing...

Edited by Rudukai13

CORRECTION; I may have spoken too soon, further info and pictures posted to Icarus Precision’s Instagram feed appear to indicate compatibility with the X-Five magwell. So there’s that at least.

Still, with the full-length grip it’ll be too large at least for me to CCW. So until they come out with a Compact version the EVO320 will be relegated to nightstand and range duty

Happy Thanksgiving from Project Nemesis! I’m thankful for everyone who has followed along on this journey up to this point, and am looking forward to much more to come. May you all eat until your CCW holster becomes uncomfortable!

C5C14D3F-E1A3-452E-99BF-396CE032F4D3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting re-acquainted with the X-Carry grip module ergonomics in preparation for the Icarus Precision ACE320 aluminum grip module. I definitely like the standard Compact grip module with a Springer Precision ESP magwell for a CCW gun, but Sig certainly didn’t get very much wrong with the X-Series grip modules;

8D06F24E-6531-46CA-94DA-875C0673A714.jpeg

And with the recent announcement of Phlster’s OWB version of their stellar Floodlight holster, I do believe I will now have a quality set of AIWB/OWB holsters to properly contain the EVO320 when it’s finished;

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight-owb/

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight/

They’ll both need a bit of dremel modification to properly clearance the optic mount, but should still provide adequate retention for my purposes. More pieces falling into place...

After a long stretch of relative inaction, I’ll be getting to the range this weekend and dropping off RS320B with my gunsmith to install the Apex trigger kit and dial in the zero on the R1. With those two changes finished RS320B will officially be completed, and my focus in 2020 will turn to the completion of the EVO320.

For anyone still following, I’ve still got a lot of content planned in the new year for this fantastic platform - Much more time come!

RS320B is in the hands of my ‘smith and will be ready to go within the week. Got to run another ~400 rounds through RS320A, working from my OWB belt rig running 1-slide lock reload-2, retention reload, and WML activation drills. That brings the round count on RS320A to roughly 5,100 rounds, and I’m still extremely very pleased with the performance of the gun. Since I hadn’t gone shooting since April my groups were a little loose to start, but once I calmed down a bit and slowed down for a little while everything came back and my groups tightened back up.

A gun hand covered in blisters means it was a damn good day!

5DBD4B03-0B4E-4F39-8DFB-A668A65FAB1C.jpeg

C6D186BB-8BB5-4BCE-A670-55F9EB1C2860.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

And with the final components installed into the second pistol, the long saga of the RS320 twins is now complete. Two mechanically identical, state-of-the-art-and-industry tools built to my personal specifications and preferences. Going forward RS320A will be my designated CCW pistol, while RS320B ticks up the round count in practice on the range. It’s been a lot of time, effort, and money invested, and I’m extremely satisfied with the results of this particular experiment with the P320 platform.

Never one to stay satisfied for long though, my focus now shifts to the construction of the EVO320 project - And seeing just how far outside the box of conventional wisdom this platform can be pushed to gain even more of an edge...Lots more to come in 2020!

1064FE74-FD00-49D9-B1D7-7BE9BF6793BF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Snowed in here in Colorado today, so decided to spend some time doing dryfire and access drills with some of my regular EDC tools. While the Fox and Spyderco knives are very nice and well-made, messing with them is only making me itch to get my hands on the in-transit custom fixed blade I have on order...

1D56E724-D0A3-4F9F-B50A-AD91840A4C1F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if their grip texture is actually effective at all; I feel like there's a ton of alternatives that would be significantly more grip than the small dimples with lots of space between. Definitely curious to see what you think