Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

2 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Rough draw it out.

Get some examples together of the different parts.

i.e. a rail mount with another rail under it.

The plate that comes over the top for the optic

and the proper plate that will fit the optic

and make an appointment with a small machine shop.

They will often do one of's , it will be at a premium but you should be able to get what you want

without having to talk a manufacturer into making it.

In the old days of my life I did a lot of that type of things for people.

Just a thought

Also lots of machinist and Tool and Die makers have equipment at home to do work 

Good advice, but I don’t think that would work for a full steel grip module with the profile and features that I’m specifically looking for. A little more in-depth than just a bridge mount for an optic

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Sig announced a legion series x5 with tungsten filled grip. 43 Oz's I think it said.

I’ve seen it, yes. The weight is certainly impressive, but weight isn’t the only reason I want a metal grip module. Metal will be a much stronger material to anchor an optic mount drilled and tapped into the dustcover

RS320B inches closer to completion. Got my Springer ESP magwell’d ODG and FDE grip modules back and re-installed the ODG grip module on RS320B. All that’s left is to get the Apex trigger kit installed and get a precise zero. The FDE grip module is being set aside for a future build;

9A3A0DCC-2ADC-4A70-B38B-BF713F7B3B6D.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of substantive updates lately everyone, I’ve been pretty well bedridden for a while dealing with some medical issues (my lumbar spine is fubar due to genetics). That said, I’ve been using the downtime to put quite a few dryfire trigger pulls on a spot on my ceiling. I guess would that count as #trainlikeyoufight...?

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but to those who might be - My apologies for the lack of updates recently, I have been and continue to be dealing with some medical issues with my back that have kept me fairly bedridden/wheelchair-bound for the last couple of months and unfortunately right now all spare funds (save for a custom knife project) are going towards medical costs.

I certainly haven’t given up on finishing out the RS320B build and there are additional builds on my project list for the P320 platform beyond that. Progress and updates will continue once I’m back on my feet and able to allocate funds again

2 hours ago, be032 said:

I follow.

Get well. Toys can be replaced.

Thank you sir. I’m doing everything I can to focus on recovery at the moment. I still have plenty of tricks up my sleeve for the platform once I’m able to get back to it!

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, AmmoHouse said:

I follow...not sure why though.

I stopped following this on P&S because I’m poor and have too many projects...but I still drool over this here🤣

I do appreciate it! There’s plenty more to come too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love it when a plan comes together 😎 The Atlas Gunworks 2011 optic mount fits on the P320 frame like it was made for it. Including with enough clearance to still allow mounting of a WML. Of course, the polymer grip module isn’t substantial enough on its own to secure the mount to. But a soon-to-be-available aluminum grip module will be more than secure...The EVO320 is a go;

FEF011ED-E9B1-4256-B73F-5DB5FFC499B0.jpeg

While I’m waiting on certain other necessary components for the EVO320 project to come to market (and saving up funds for them), I figured I’d both organize my thoughts and explain a bit about the purpose of the project and what I’m hoping to accomplish with the end result.

First and foremost, while a frame-mounted pistol optic system will still generally immediately conjure up images of a designated USPSA Open division competition-only pistol, I want to be very clear that this build is NOT intended primarily for competition use (though hopefully it will help provide a roadmap for those of you specifically interested in building a designated competition Open division blaster using the P320 platform): It is my intent to use this project to illustrate a leap further towards applying the advantages of certain traditionally competition-exclusive features and philosophies to a handgun primarily intended to be used for duty, home defense, and yes, even concealed carry. It’s my belief that the robustness and capabilities of certain models and manufacturers of miniature RDS technology has surpassed the risk/benefit threshold that would otherwise make the loss of BUIS on a handgun an untenable proposition. It is readily apparent to me that I’m not alone in the industry in making this assessment, with several manufacturers having recently introduced various duty-oriented handguns that also rely solely on non-reciprocating optical sighting systems. Many of us have already been comfortable living with and depending on RDS-only duty and defensive rifles for many years now, and I believe the capabilities of certain handgun optics have reached a similar point of reliability. My thoughts on specifically which model(s) of RDS that thinking applies to will be further explained as the components are purchased and the build progresses.

I have gone back and forth a bit on how closely I wanted the EVO320 to utilize the same components as the RS320 project, and have settled on maintaining as much mechanical consistency as possible within the limitations of the differences necessary to make the transition from slide-mounted optics to frame-mounted optics. Therefore and perhaps disappointing to some, I plan to use the same Bar-Sto barrel, Springer compensator, Surefire X300U, and Apex trigger kit in the EVO320 project that have already proven themselves through the pair of RS320 builds. This is not to say I am of the opinion that only these specific components are of high enough quality to be applied to the P320 platform - aftermarket support for the P320 has expanded rapidly in recent years and there are many high-quality products from other manufacturers which are more than worthy of consideration. This is of course very much a matter of personal preference, but I’ve come to the conclusion that my desire to exemplify an evolutionary step beyond the current RDS handgun format is bolstered by maintaining some extent of consistency between the two final platforms. Simply stated, the EVO320 is meant to signify the next evolution of Roland Special/RS320-type duty guns (hence the EVO moniker).

Hopefully this gives a bit more insight into my thoughts, plans, and intentions behind this new endeavor. As always if anyone has any questions or thoughts, always feel free to post here or send me a message and I’ll gladly explain further to the best of my ability. Hopefully those of you still following this thread will appreciate what I’m attempting to illustrate by undertaking this new build, and hopefully the finished product that’s already been meticulously constructed, torn apart, redesigned, re-constructed, and detailed down to the last nut and bolt dozens of times over in my mind will be of as much interest to you as it has been to me over the several years of waiting for it to become a possible reality.

This is a project I’ve wanted to do for a very, very long time, and I can’t wait to document it all here for all of you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: I am a fan of the Holosun 510C and 507C. Both have worked 100% on PCC's, CO and open pistols. I even dropped my carry optic pistol with the 507C onto gravel at the range. It landed directly on the 507C and it did not change the zero. The 507C does have a paint chip on it now but still works. Thanks, Eric

It would be cool if someone could come up with a method like SJC does their optic mounts for Glocks. Other than the clearance for iron sights with the Carver universal, what else didn't work out well with it mounted on the P320?

17 minutes ago, touji said:

It would be cool if someone could come up with a method like SJC does their optic mounts for Glocks. Other than the clearance for iron sights with the Carver universal, what else didn't work out well with it mounted on the P320?

There were two issues with the Carver universal mount, one being more specific to what I wanted to do with the project and the second more general.

The first more specific to my project being it negates the ability to use a WML by mounting via the accessory rail space. I recognize that’s not much of an issue for someone building a competition-specific platform, but for my purposes a WML is a necessity.

The second issue that would be a problem regardless of how you want to use the gun was that the “universal” lug that is supposed to secure the mount to the accessory rail is a bit too universal; There was a LOT of slop in the mount even with the lug and screws torqued all the way down. It would flop back and forth side-to-side on the gun which would’ve made it absolutely impossible to attain a consistent zero. And not just by a millimeter or so - We’re talking over a quarter inch of movement from center on either side. After discussing the issue with Bobby Carver, turns out the mount was designed that way to work with the largest selection of pistols possible (hence “universal”), and the buyer is intended to shim the mount to their specific pistol platform. After both Bobby and I made our own independent attempts to shim the mount properly on the P320 rail, we came to the conclusion that there was just too much slop for even a shim to give a secure enough hold and that a new lug specific to the P320 would need to be designed and manufactured by Carver Customs.

During the interim while Bobby was working on that modification to his mount, I came to the conclusion that a different mount that attached to the dust over of a metal grip module (leaving the accessory rail free for attaching a WML as an added bonus) was more along the lines of what I wanted for my particular project.

I don’t know if Carver has figured out the new lug that makes his universal mount compatible with the P320 frame, you’d have to reach out to him. But if you don’t mind committing the accessory rail to only being used for the optic bridge, it could still be a reasonably inexpensive and workable choice for a non-reciprocating optic mount for the P320

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am a fan of the Holosun 510C and 507C. Both have worked 100% on PCC's, CO and open pistols. I even dropped my carry optic pistol with the 507C onto gravel at the range. It landed directly on the 507C and it did not change the zero. The 507C does have a paint chip on it now but still works. Thanks, Eric

Also very good to hear! I had my sights set (pun unintended) on the Holosun for the EVO320 project for a while and figured the 508T would be a good choice based on the numerous reports of the 507’s toughness and reliability. It’s just always nice to get some confirmation and quantifiable hard-use data