Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Bud White said:

SO the they sent you a new R1?  I do like them esp the auto off and on but keep reading people having problems  thinking of a vortex on my x5

They replaced the one I sent in with a new one, correct. Which was really my preference - The old one was a relatively early generation, the new one will have the most up to date circuit board and programming

49 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

They replaced the one I sent in with a new one, correct. Which was really my preference - The old one was a relatively early generation, the new one will have the most up to date circuit board and programming

Thats awesome .. be interesting to hear if it holds up .. I use mine for play  mostly and in winter time it doesn't get used much at all 

2 hours ago, Bud White said:

SO the they sent you a new R1?  I do like them esp the auto off and on but keep reading people having problems  thinking of a vortex on my x5

I had the same thoughts on the Romeo 1, just to many issues and bad reviews. Now they're coming out with a new one but unsure when and what footprint. Being able to mount direct to the slide was a plus, but I ended up getting the Vortex Razor 6 MOA.

DK

10 minutes ago, LawDog324 said:

I had the same thoughts on the Romeo 1, just to many issues and bad reviews. Now they're coming out with a new one but unsure when and what footprint. Being able to mount direct to the slide was a plus, but I ended up getting the Vortex Razor 6 MOA.

DK

The Romeo 1 pro is a different footprint must match the delta point as they list them 2 as direct mounts .. Really wish sig would have went the way of FN or Canik while not direct mount to the slide it gave you a lot more options of what to use 

Edited by Bud White

1 hour ago, Bud White said:

Really wish sig would have went the way of FN or Canik while not direct mount to the slide it gave you a lot more options of what to use 

There are advantages and disadvantages to those approaches. I like the SIG approach so that the RDS sits lower in the slide and bears against the front and rear to reduce stress on the mounting screws.

43 minutes ago, BobRockefeller said:

What will Springer be doing to the grip modules? I don't see any related services on his website.

Magwell installation;

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Gunsmith-installation-of-Sig-P320-magwell-SP-Gunsmith-install.htm

Their magwells require slight modification of the grip module and epoxy to stay on, due to the design of the P320 grip module. No front lip on the grip modules in standard form to help the magwell stay seated, so Springer Precision cuts a small notch into the bottom of the front strap and a corresponding tooth on their magwell bites into it, then epoxy helps hold everything solid. When I first started looking into magwells, I tried a different manufacturer first that claimed no permanent modification required but it would just slip off the grip module under recoil.

This picture helps illustrate why the modification and epoxy are necessary;

Sig-P320-vs-Glock-19-1-2000x1200.jpg

Notice that the bottom finger groove on the Glock creates a bit of a ledge - properly designed Glock magwells use that ledge to help stay firmly seated. In comparison, no ledge at the bottom of the stock P320 grip module = nothing to keep a magwell properly seated

5 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Magwell installation;

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Gunsmith-installation-of-Sig-P320-magwell-SP-Gunsmith-install.htm

Their magwells require slight modification of the grip module and epoxy to stay on, due to the design of the P320 grip module. No front lip on the grip modules in standard form to help the magwell stay seated, so Springer Precision cuts a small notch into the bottom of the front strap and a corresponding tooth on their magwell bites into it, then epoxy helps hold everything solid. When I first started looking into magwells, I tried a different manufacturer first that claimed no permanent modification required but it would just slip off the grip module under recoil.

This picture helps illustrate why the modification and epoxy are necessary;

Sig-P320-vs-Glock-19-1-2000x1200.jpg

Notice that the bottom finger groove on the Glock creates a bit of a ledge - properly designed Glock magwells use that ledge to help stay firmly seated. In comparison, no ledge at the bottom of the stock P320 grip module = nothing to keep a magwell properly seated

Cool! And thanks for the details. I know I'll be interested in an update when you have it back.

Got to meet @rlapid216 at the range today. He put some rounds through the RS320s, I put some rounds through his X-Five, we compared notes on P320s and a good time was had by all. He also mentioned the range’s upcoming steel challenge match on Wednesday the 22nd, which I’m thinking I’ll enter.

He also let me put a few rounds of Inceptor RNP 65gr +P Frangible ammo (this stuff; https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019020360/inceptor-sport-utility-ammunition-9mm-luger-p-65-grain-rnp-frangible-lead-free) down the pipe of RS320A to see how it ran with the comp, and HOLY RECOIL REDUCTION BATMAN! The comped topend really liked that stuff. Loud as hell but legitimately less felt recoil than a 22LR! I was a bit skeptical at first, considering way back when I first had RS320A completely put together I included some similar Inceptor ARX 65gr loads in my schmorgesborg of function test loads and it didn’t like them at all. Not sure if it’s just that the pistol has been broken in a bit more, or if the +P made the difference, but I think I’ll be picking up some more of the RNP +P rounds for fun range use as it really lets the compensator shine.

A picture of my first 100 round grouping through RS320A today, working mag changes and slidelock reloads, shot from the holster between 5 and 10 yards;

8180781E-7209-4DBE-A676-0DF6BF33BF78.jpeg

Thanks for meeting up and letting me shoot! Forgot to ask, what size dot are you using?

For the steel challenge, CGC wants us to use that Inceptor ammo. I recommend buying outside before then. They’re a little pricey in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, rlapid216 said:

Thanks for meeting up and letting me shoot! Forgot to ask, what size dot are you using?

For the steel challenge, CGC wants us to use that Inceptor ammo. I recommend buying outside before then. They’re a little pricey in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of my R1s are the 3MOA dot size. I have seen the 6MOA, and while I see how it would be beneficial for competition use in acquiring the dot faster I prefer the slightly more precise smaller dot for multi-purpose guns that may be pressed into a defensive role.

I’ll probably be ordering a few boxes of the Inceptor rounds in the next couple weeks

4 hours ago, be032 said:

Have you tried tried other +P rounds? Winchester whitebox NATO is about half the price of the Inceptor ammo.

Absolutely, in fact WWB 124gr NATO is my usual range ammo and Hornady Critical Duty 124gr +P is my carry/defense ammo. The Inceptor ammo would just be for competition/range use when I feel like showing off the capabilities of the compensator. I won’t be switching over from 124gr +P entirely any time in the foreseeable future

My credit card is tingling...For those unaware, Alpha Foxtrot is one of several companies that recently released milled aluminum Glock frames. It would appear they are now teasing milled aluminum P320 grip modules...

CEBD2BD8-EEDB-4A71-8F44-AE32F361A832.jpeg

Edited by Rudukai13

5 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

No, aluminium would not suffice. :(

I would much prefer steel as well, but I’ll take any step in the right direction towards a metal grip module. Besides, once someone’s making one in aluminum it’s a much easier jump to steel

11 hours ago, be032 said:

I wonder what the weight differential would be. I'm at 36 oz, would like to find those extra 9 oz to get up to the 45 oz CO limit.

I imagine an aluminum grip module would be heavier than polymer, but not as heavy as steel. The exact differences I wouldn’t know

• 2 weeks later...

Still just waiting to get my modified grip modules back from Springer, then the Apex trigger will get installed and RS320B will be completed.

With the completion of RS320B so close, my thoughts have begun turning towards this third P320 that’s just been sitting in the back of my safe for a while. This is the gun I want to base a frame-mounted optic build on. I had originally planned to use Carver Custom’s Universal optic mount (still waiting on the modified parts that would allow that to work), but I’m leaning more and more towards trying to find an alternate route that doesn’t use up the rail space and thus preclude the use of a WML.

I have this image in my head of what I actually want this gun to look like when it’s done - the problem is, nobody currently makes the parts that I’m envisioning, and I don’t have the money or pull in the industry to convince a company capable of it to prototype them for me...

B229AE1F-7950-44E5-99AA-F62A6AD5BC5B.jpeg

Rough draw it out.

Get some examples together of the different parts.

i.e. a rail mount with another rail under it.

The plate that comes over the top for the optic

and the proper plate that will fit the optic

and make an appointment with a small machine shop.

They will often do one of's , it will be at a premium but you should be able to get what you want

without having to talk a manufacturer into making it.

In the old days of my life I did a lot of that type of things for people.

Just a thought

Also lots of machinist and Tool and Die makers have equipment at home to do work