Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

Check out MIE Productions, they made the pancake-style holster in my picture a few posts up;

https://www.mieproductions.com/

Get one made for an X-Five, that's the approximate length of the X-Carry plus a short compensator. It's already cut to clear the optic and you can choose any WML (or none) you want. Depending on the length of the comp you choose, you may have to dremel a very, very small amount of kydex off the otherwise open muzzle end, but it won't be much - Just enough for a tiny bit of extra clearance

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Check out MIE Productions, they made the pancake-style holster in my picture a few posts up;

https://www.mieproductions.com/

Get one made for an X-Five, that's the approximate length of the X-Carry plus a short compensator. It's already cut to clear the optic and you can choose any WML (or none) you want. Depending on the length of the comp you choose, you may have to dremel a very, very small amount of kydex off the otherwise open muzzle end, but it won't be much - Just enough for a tiny bit of extra clearance

Thanks that is pretty much what i was looking for. I see they will make one for my fnx tacticool also  been looking for a holster that wasn't outrageous priced for a light for it to 

That looks great how did it shoot .. i wonder if you could use a oring on barrel to keep comp from turning so you don't have to red loctite it .. Seems the red would make it a pain to take apart 

As a side note my Comp from my MPX fits the threaded sig barrel just fine looks a bit weird though

Just got back from the range and burning through about 300 rounds, including a mix of 115, 124, 147, in both JHP and FMJ for each different weight. Some things I can report;

- The comp works as advertised - It seems to like hot 124s the best as that seemed to give the least amount of muzzle flip, but it ran all of the 115/124/147/FMJ/JHP rounds just fine as long as I did my part

- The gun as configured dislikes limp-wristing and had issues cycling 65gr Inceptor ARX ammo (I didn't expect it to cycle, I was just using it as an outlier in my testing to see where the limits of the system are). When I gripped the gun properly and used non-gimmick ammo, the gun ran flawlessly

- This is the flattest shooting pistol I've ever owned - The only gun I've shot that was any flatter was a factory stock STI open gun in 38Super, but I didn't expect a minor PF 9mm with a two-port compensator to be better than that

- I absolutely love this gun!

IMG_1969.PNG

Edited by Rudukai13

OH one other quick note - I shot the gun to the point the compensator was too hot to touch, but it stayed rock solid right where it was supposed to be. I will keep an eye on it during further testing but as of now it looks like properly cleaning the threads and whichever formulation of loctite Springer sends with the comp is enough to do the job...

14 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

very cool! whats the overall weight of the gun now?

Very good question. Unfortunately I don't have an accurate digital scale to be able to say. But by comparison, it still weighs noticeably less with an empty magazine than my 1911 did. It's still fairly lightweight for what is now a fullsize package

1 hour ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

Thanks for the update, looking forward to future observations.  I currently carry a Cajunized P07 with a compensator on it, it’s been 100% reliable for me.  

Any pictures of the P07? Sounds very nice!

I'm honestly surprised it took people as long as it has to realize that pistol compensators could have some useful functionality outside of competition...

1 hour ago, Rudukai13 said:

I'm honestly surprised it took people as long as it has to realize that pistol compensators could have some useful functionality outside of competition...

I'm not most people resist change and most people are stuck in their ways

3 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Any pictures of the P07? Sounds very nice!

33613515_158394148350867_341203940139859

Some other compensated firearms that I own(ed):

29089077_2143117585916271_29459458138151

21909636_1929927930663605_51296573520431

Edited by Wisemenofgotham

6 minutes ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

TBRCi compensator for the M&P.  No set screws but fits into open ended holsters.

looks good im wondering how the TBRCi Glock Micro Comp V3  would look on the sig ..i want something more than loctite to hold it in place and be able to remove it instead of using red

The Glock V3 is what I prefer since it has set screws.  You can also use an O-ring, but I'm not sure of the size.  I don't use red, I use blue (I want to take it off to use a can) and it's held up well with the set screws, I just check the tightness every now and then and it's usually good to go.  

1 minute ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

The Glock V3 is what I prefer since it has set screws.  You can also use an O-ring, but I'm not sure of the size.  I don't use red, I use blue (I want to take it off to use a can) and it's held up well with the set screws, I just check the tightness every now and then and it's usually good to go.  

this might be the way i go then i also want to be able to use a can when i get one and ease of cleaning and removing barrel 

2 minutes ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

The only con if you go with the Glock comp is fit inside of a holster, but I think you should be able to heat up the kydex a bit and make it work for you.  

Good point don't have a holster for it yet but can figure something out i'm sure 

WMOG, I think we've talked in my thread over on AR15.com as well. Gorgeous guns again!

My schedule shifted around a bit towards the end of today and I found myself with a free evening, so I decided to head to the range again. This time I focused on shooting only 124gr loads, both FMJ and JHP, and compared the difference between standard pressure and +P loads. In total I shot another 250 rounds in about 45 minutes;

- The gun didn't malfunction once, even with a bit of intentional limp-wristing on my part

- I can shoot this gun more accurately, at a much higher rate of fire, than any other gun I've ever shot before

- It won't surprise anybody that the +P loads worked better with the comp, but what surprised me was by how much - The +P loads shot flatter and felt softer than even the standard pressure loads by comparison

- Once again, the front end of the gun got too hot to touch but the comp stayed rock solid

- I love this gun even more than yesterday!

I think what I need to do is do some testing with a selection of 124gr +P JHP loads and find a couple I like to designate as my preferred hollowpoints. The performance of the gun with that particular spec of ammunition is just absolutely staggering. It is nice to know though that the gun will still function on 115/124/147gr standard pressure ammo for range use