Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bud White said:

While surfing on light duty today at work .. foot injury i think im going with the x carry grip / the springer shorty comp / want a magwell like what is on my x5 but haven't seen then separate. i keep flipping back and forth on do i want a red dot .. it usually is a comet or a big blur for me with my eyes .. wanna try a trijicon rmr see if that makes a difference .

As if i dint need some other project to spend my money on 

In my limited experience combined with a lot of the other information I've read, when you're talking about polymer framed pistols either/or a compensator or red dot is good and helpful on its own but the benefit is increased exponentially when you combine them. If you can add a flashlight on the accessory rail for a little extra nose weight as I've done, it really is the ultimate combination for increasing speed and accuracy on any 4" barreled Glock-like pistol. I highly suggest giving the whole trifecta a try when you're able to afford it

At the moment though I am actually also considering trying one of Faxon's new threaded barrels with the SP compensator;

http://faxonfirearms.com/sig-p320-compact-flame-fluted-barrel-9mm-416-r-nitride-threaded-tin-coated/

TiN coated, 1/2x28 threading, fluting...Hmm...It would look quite nice showing through the slide cutout on the X-Carry...

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll definitely be getting the Bar-Sto barrel fitted as well, I just may not loctite the comp down until I have a chance to try out this other option as well...

On 4/14/2018 at 10:59 PM, Rudukai13 said:

I'll be interested to see how this runs with different kinds of ammo once the Springer comp is added. I did order the "shorty" minor PF two-port comp rather than the larger "open" three-port comp, as the smaller is stated to function best with most factory loads.

Either way I do intend to shoot primarily factory loaded +P and +P+ rounds, since I know the compensator will work best with as much gas pushing through it as possible

Straight stock striker spring and recoil spring mine runs like shit.  Lol. To work the comp it needs gas. I’m going to eventually tinker with striker and recoil spring combos to get it to run with light loads. 

Edited by Nathanb

For anyone interested in a setup like this, I do highly suggest taking a look at the Roland Special thread over on AR15.com (sorry BEnos, gonna link to a different forum here but only as a fantastic resource for the topic at hand!);

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Official-Roland-Special-Glock-Thread-Also-faux-land-Fo-land-Carry-Comps/13-167712/

26 pages of discussion on various setups, spring weights, loads, etc. Fairly specific to Glocks but it will give a good base of information that can be applied to other polymer/striker platforms as well

The pistol now has a new home in a Pelican iM3100 case. This is generally a bit large for handgun use, but I wanted something with enough room to store a lot of magazines plus additional grip modules and slide assemblies that I acquire all in one place. This will be plenty large enough for that;

IMG_1832.JPG

I'm jealous,  nice work!  Take videos for us at the range.  I just spent about 3 hours window shopping for the same pistol and it's acessories.  Then I realized that micro stamping regulations were going to crush my dreams.   

I don't think the box is too big.That little guy has freedom to manifest his destiny.   Or maybe room for a lefty.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Got an update from my gunsmith, sounds like he's been inundated with work requests lately so it's going to take a few weeks before he gets to my pistol. The waiting game begins...

I think i heard the "NOOOOOOO"  all the way here 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to point out with that PMM "X-Comp" - Because they used the factory threaded barrel (that sticks out waaaay past the front of the slide), they were only able to make a single-port comp while maintaining a relatively compact package. With the Bar-Sto compensator-specific threaded barrel and Springer's two-port compensator, my build should end up about the same overall size while having even more effective compensation...

• 2 weeks later...

I actually purchased the magwell from another member on here who had removed it from their X-Five to make it legal for Production/Carry Optics division. Sig did say they should be starting to sell the magwells individually some time this summer.

I'm a lefty too, so I understand your anxiety regarding finding holsters. What kind of holster are you looking for? I can probably point you in the right direction as a starting point at least

1 minute ago, Rudukai13 said:

I actually purchased the magwell from another member on here who had removed it from their X-Five to make it legal for Production/Carry Optics division. Sig did say they should be starting to sell the magwells individually some time this summer.

I'm a lefty too, so I understand your anxiety regarding finding holsters. What kind of holster are you looking for? I can probably point you in the right direction as a starting point at least

So thats next year on the magwells

and nothing special just a owb that's gonna fit with the comp and a romeo1..

I have a iwb that will work with comp as its open ended and set for the Romeo 1