Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing: Project Nemesis

Rudukai13

AHA! Heard back from ANR Designs;

"Sorry to hear you experienced some issues with the magwell. From the issues you are describing it sounds like we sent the wrong screw with the magwell. I am sending you the correct screw today. I apologize for the error."

And a tracking number was sent just a few minutes after. Refreshingly good customer service from them!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Bud White said:

I think the problem was it was mounted to a Glock ?

I understand this is a joke, but let's look at it rationally - The Glock 17 he had it mounted on weighs about 22oz, while the fullsize P320 weighs nearly 30oz. Which means, had he dropped a P320 in the same orientation, even more force would've been applied to the optic. So by mounting it to a G17 as opposed to a P320, he was increasing the chances of the optic surviving - And yet...

while yes as a joke .. but also like dropping my sigs at the perfect angle to get it to go off pre voluntary recall .. i just don't see the valve of the drop from that height . almost all of them are going to break only thing i would expect not to is trijicon  in the drop .. 

Personal preference  .. on the drop thing myself not gonna worry me to much and i like his vids I've watched all the ones that interest me 

After The Complete Gray Guns Kit at this point i will say i have 4 p320's and this is the hardest one i have to take down out of them all getting the FCU out of the grip mod was a royal pain .. so for last change i added a X carry grip 

IMG_0083.jpg

And another average of 5 pulls the weight dropped again changing grip module .. i don't see anything in the stock grip that looks like its rubbing or funky but i did redo this average 5 times and this was pretty close to them all .. swapped to the grip that came with it and trigger weight went back up about a pound.. 

I haven't put mage well on yet and my  barrel from tac op does fit .. so the rest of the goodies are supposed to be here monday so i can finish it off

Sorry had to make 4 posts it would let me put all the pic in one 

IMG_0084.jpg

No problem, the upload limit has been a bit of a thorn in my side during this build as well...

Great info, thank you for posting about each step! I'd been curious what various trigger modifications would do for a while now, but honestly the stock trigger as it came from the factory has been just good enough to not make me feel the need to change it - Yet...

I agree on the trigger on my other ones but the 9# was horrible we took it apart on the range and used the grip from my x carry that is my carry gun to finish shooting .. the x carry is under 5# out of the box my Pre upgrade Carry Tac ops is just a little over 5# With just a apex Flat trigger.. i like the flat trigger in these guns not the curved  my X5 is up north so i don't have it handy to weigh

Well, I was having a bit of a slow, relaxed Saturday morning, so I decided to sit down and take stock on how this project has developed over the last few months. When I first purchased the P320, my goal was simply to build myself what I considered the ideal multi-purpose pistol using modern methodologies and technologies. As I worked on the project and acquired more and more parts, though, the allure of modularity took hold and it's resulted in what amounts to my personal version of a "modular handgun system". For anyone who's curious what approximately $4,000 looks like in P320 form, here's your answer;

IMG_2410.JPG

Thank you to all who have followed along and provided feedback/opinions/constructive criticism thus far, and I hope everyone continues to follow along - I have a feeling this is just the beginning for this incredible little blaster...

IMG_2423.JPG

Edited by Rudukai13

I am having some dastardly thoughts for further iterations of this project, involving Faxon Firearms, Jagerwerks, Revolution Concepts, Boresight Solutions, Apex Tactical, Range18, and one of the X-Five grip modules...

My bank account can't keep up with everything I want to do to this platform

Edited by Rudukai13

1 minute ago, SCTaylor said:

Keep it up, it's interesting to see what you've got going on here.

Oh trust me, this has only just started! Might have to set up a Patreon or GoFundMe at some point though...

Had a block of unexpected free time this evening and decided to take a trip to the range. With tonight's shooting accounted for, the system as a whole has just ticked over the 2,000 round mark - And as has become the norm, no malfunctions to speak of with the operating systems of either setup.

I am, however, further disappointed with the ANR Design magwell on the Compact grip module. Once again it took less than one magazine before the front lip of the magwell began sliding off the front of the grip module.

The magwell had been re-seated with a few firm taps from a rubber mallet and ANR had sent a replacement set screw thinking they might have shipped out the incorrect screw. I followed their instructions exactly in attaching the magwell before this shooting trip. I'm inclined to believe that the profile of the end of the P320's grip module (no protuding ledge for a magwell to bite into as on a Glock) makes it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to attach a magwell without the use of some kind of epoxy, as Springer Precision does with their P320 magwells. At this time, I believe my options are to either ditch the magwell on the Compact grip module entirely, or get some epoxy to help it hold on. Since I now know that the Compact grip module conceals well enough even with the magwell, I will likely opt to permanently attach it by way of epoxy.

The magwell very much DOES aid in reload speed and gives the grip a much more secure feel in the hand, so in that aspect it works as it should and I can recommend it. But, it would seem in order for it to stay on it does require being permanently attached to a grip module, which is not how it's advertised;

IMG_2544.JPG

Did a bit of research and my suspicions have been confirmed - Part of the permanent modification that Springer does to the grip module in attaching their magwell is to machine a small ledge into the front of the bottom of the grip module, which gives their magwell something to bite onto. No ledge on the front of the grip means nothing for the magwell to catch on means it won't stay on.

I'll be purchasing a Springer ESP magwell and sending in the Compact grip module for their installation this week

While I'm changing out parts for (in my opinion) superior alternatives, I've decided to swap my Springer Precision base pads for some of Taran Tactical's new P320 pads. Should result in the same capacity in both lengths (23- and 27-rounds), but in my opinion toolless attachment/removal and no modifications required to the magazine body makes the TTI extensions a better choice

Also as a bit of an experiment, I purchased one of TTI's thinner P320 extensions as well. These are intended to fit the OEM 21-round magazines while still fitting a USPSA 140mm magazine gauge. On those magazines, it bumps up the capacity by two rounds to 23 (same as the OEM 17-round magazines with the larger base pads, which are also intended for the 140mm gauge). I however have it added to the Compact 15-round magazine; it still acts as a +2 extension, meaning the Compact magazine now holds 17 rounds (with less additional length than the ANR Designs ANVL base pad which didn't extend the capacity at all). I'll have to wait until my Compact grip module comes back from Springer to see if this setup is compatible with their ESP magwell, but I suspect it will be;

IMG_2591.JPG