Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
MemphisMechanic

Mailing ammo to yourself for matches

On 4/25/2018 at 10:22 AM, bwikel said:

I have flown several times with blue 100 rd MTM ammo boxes and have never been questioned by Delta or American. 

Same, they seem to like that they can see in them as well.  

I found  ORM-D logos and made a print sheet of 20. Then printed on coloured paper and cut them out with one logo on each end of the box.

Mail to your match hotel. UPS from distribution center. Need a Label though for small arms. You can print off line and tape to box. 

I’ve found it easy just to UPS expected round count +100 to the match and bring an extra hundred in my checked baggage. Any extra is still ubder the weight limit with United. It is kinda nice showing up and the match and having it there for me.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:59 AM, Novagunner said:

I’ve found it easy just to UPS expected round count +100 to the match and bring an extra hundred in my checked baggage. Any extra is still ubder the weight limit with United. It is kinda nice showing up and the match and having it there for me.

Having extra ammo on hand is a good idea.  I remember one guy on my squad ran out of ammo because he had to reshoot a stage.

minimum round count plus 30%

and yes, i've shipped to my hotel, just calling them directly to please hold it for me.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, CSEMARTIN said:

Having extra ammo on hand is a good idea.  I remember one guy on my squad ran out of ammo because he had to reshoot a stage.

I went to a lot of major matches... I have seen shooters shot reshoots maybe 4 times.... 

What do you do if you find yourself with some extra rounds?  Ship it back to yourself, or find a place to burn it off?