Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Czechmate Comp

kneelingatlas

3 hours ago, Stmark73 said:

If I chase the threads on my barrel to fit the aluminum comp, will I still be able to use the original comp? Don’t want to tamper with the original barrel if the original comp would be deemed unusable.

Yes, the inconsistencies I've seen in stock barrels are very slight, after chasing my threads the stock comp went back on with no detectible amount of slop.  Intellectually I know some small amount of metal was removed, but I can't detect it in feel or performance.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stmark73 said:

Thank you K.A. Time to buy a die(14x1) and try your comp. But first finish my load development. LOL 

What I have done is run a M14X1 Tap through the comp loosening the threads. It now fits perfect and I did not have to do anything to my barrel. I personally would not run a die through the barrel. That is just me though. The comp itself is a fine piece of work, and I would highly recommend it to anyone with a Czechmate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 2:55 AM, kneelingatlas said:

Through a miscommunication with the machinist, the first batch came our with a one degree angle between the comp and slide, which he fixed on my second batch with the fourth port:

5aa39dabd6e6d_opensport.thumb.jpg.6a360523e084c6f98e6697e5654893bc.jpg5aa39db12ad7f_ericcomptreads.thumb.jpg.2563c2032f787282f12b585ebc5d00fe.jpg

if you want one, I have a whole box I'd sell at a deep discount.

are you saying there would just be a small gap between the comp and slide with the Czechmates? If I am fitting it on a 75B it wouldn't matter? If so, can I trade mine for one of these? Thanks

6 hours ago, Fo0 said:

are you saying there would just be a small gap between the comp and slide with the Czechmates? If I am fitting it on a 75B it wouldn't matter? If so, can I trade mine for one of these? Thanks

These comps are made for barrels with an OD of 14mm, 75B 9mm barrels are 12.75mm OD.  If you have a 75 you're trying to turn into an open gun, I can set you up with a complete top end.  Email me some pictures of what you have going on: kneelingatlas@gmail.com.

48 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

These comps are made for barrels with an OD of 14mm, 75B 9mm barrels are 12.75mm OD.  If you have a 75 you're trying to turn into an open gun, I can set you up with a complete top end.  Email me some pictures of what you have going on: kneelingatlas@gmail.com.

I have a Czechmate barrel I am planning to fit in a 75B

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, ilovevtac said:

Sorry for reviving a dead thread.

But @kneelingatlas do you happen to have the exact measurements of that compensator?

My friend is really interested in making a new compensator for his czechmate and this is perfect for him.

Thank you!

I have a few extra, have him send me an email at kneelingatlas@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, thompsoncustom said:

John what comp is that? And how does it compare to the sjc11 port.

Eric Davis graciously allowed me to adapt his port design to CZs and Tanfoglios, then I made some adjustments of my own and had a handful of them made in aluminum.

They work dramatically better than the SJC 11 port Glock comp.

4 hours ago, GhostDog said:

And what guide rod is it?

What is the weight saving of just the rod?

(Or did you include it just for size...)

I needed a Czechmate guide rod to complete my TS to Czechmate conversion, but CZ USA doesn't sell them, so I had them made in aluminum while I was at it then hard anodized them black.  The guide rod alone saves 0.6oz

11 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Eric Davis graciously allowed me to adapt his port design to CZs and Tanfoglios, then I made some adjustments of my own and had a handful of them made in aluminum.

They work dramatically better than the SJC 11 port Glock comp.

You should start selling those to the masses, they look great.

• 2 weeks later...