Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know where the Stock ll's are.....

I see a lot of activity on the forum of people looking for Stock II's.
The bad news....there no Stock ll's in 9mm to be found. And my best guess is you probably will not see any till then end of April (based on past years)
This is because of Tanfoglio's schedule and the time it take for a container to get across the Atlantic....so on and so on.

BUT the good news is ....
If you can live with a 38 Super .....there are distributors that have them in stock. I am looking right now at a distributor that  who has 7 of them in stock right now.

Maybe get some starline brass and load to minor....or maybe re-barrel to 9mm.....

Or...go with the Stock 1.

Just a thought......

Edited by DenverDave

8 hours ago, DenverDave said:

If you can live with a 38 Super .....there are distributors that have them in stock. I am looking right now at a distributor that  who has 7 of them in stock right now.

Maybe get some starline brass and load to minor....or maybe re-barrel to 9mm.....

No one is stupid enough to buy a Stock 2 in 38S for use in competition. Nice try! You’re not fooling us.

The best thing about shooting 9 is not bothering to pick up brass unless you feel like it. :D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Wasn't trying to fool anyone.  I am not an FFL so I have nothing to sell. I am just lucky enough to get to peek behind the curtain and see what some of the distributors have in inventory.

Just letting you know what I saw out there.....That's All.

But BTW....frankly ...for me...I kinda like 38 Super.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

No one is stupid enough to buy a Stock 2 in 38S for use in competition. Nice try! You’re not fooling us.

The best thing about shooting 9 is not bothering to pick up brass unless you feel like it. :D 

38s is a great caliber.  But the shooters all have the same post match mantra.... "17 cents, 17 cents, 17 cents" and they all say it every time they pick up one !

I pay a local buddy who runs an indoor range $100 per 5-gallon bucket of 9mm once-fired police department brass.

Most of the time I don’t bother to pick up brass at matches. It’s barely worth my time to do so at about a penny per case.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Ouckin guo

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I pay a local buddy who runs an indoor range $100 per 5-gallon bucket of 9mm once-fired police department brass.

Most of the time I don’t bother to pick up brass at matches. It’s barely worth my time to do so at about a penny per case.

Ain't nobody got time for that. 

I don't pick up any brass. I can buy processed .40 for about $.03 shipped.  9mm is less.  

As for a SWIM, I'd pick one up in .40!  .40 minor is nice!  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Billmanweh said:

Other than finish, what's the difference between a II and III?

Stock 2s are bull barrel and stock 3s are not. Stock 3 s are little longer but not by much. 

2 in stock at Patriot Defense right now, be interesting to see how long that lasts.

I'd be tempted to sell them the way they used to sell Harley's when supply was low, add all of the goodies so you could come out a bit better. 

On 5/15/2018 at 4:01 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

2 in stock at Patriot Defense right now, be interesting to see how long that lasts.

I'd be tempted to sell them the way they used to sell Harley's when supply was low, add all of the goodies so you could come out a bit better. 

I wish someone did. The annoying part with stock IIs is, if you don’t do the work yourself, sending them out and dealing with the hassle of that. 

I wish someone sold sold them all tuned up and ready to go.