Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

617 -Recommend sights and speed loaders

minnesota1

I picked up a 10 shot 617.  What speed loaders do you recommend?  Also, I don't like the sights too much.  I'm thinking about  a fiber optic front sight and I'd like something with a deeper type cut on the rear sight.  If you know what height sights to get I'd appreciate that as well.  I like green for the front sight.  Uses would be for plinking and at some point maybe competition.

Thanks!!

Bob at www.4wheelguns.com sells the best packages for speedloaders and carry cases of various sizes that will store your ammo.

IMO the best rear sight on the market is from Bowen , you can find them at www.bowenclassicarms.com  , as far as front sights go - sdm Fab and Dawson are popular. 

I agree with alemc.   The DS-10 speed loaders are great.  You want to order 5 at least if you are going to shoot Steel Challenge matches.  And get at least one box to hold 10 or 15 loaders.  I have more boxes so I don't have to fuss with loading the boxes during the match.

Similar to Alec, I went with 1 Ansac loader and a loading block and case from Bob at www.4wheelguns.com as well. 

Also, a Bowen rear and SDM green front. Those are the brightest front you can buy, but still have a very clear front post. I have a .250 height out front with a .400 blade out back. 

I bought 5 speed beez  loaders and two of the 100rd block's/Box's. Been very happy with my purchase.

The only downside, is that you'll go through a lot more ammo using any type of speed loader, compared to loading them by hand !!

Another vote for the DS-10 and loading box. The loading box will hold 3 loaded speedloaders plus the 40 ready to go and 30 lose rounds.

My preferred rear sight is a Vortex Venom red dot.

Edited by CGH

DS-10 speedloaders. The Speed Beez guys stole Dave's (DS-10) design. Then a .160 height equivalent Bowen rear sight, I like the WO, and a .200 tall .100 wide front FO from Protocall Design.

Edited by Tom E

27 minutes ago, Tom E said:

DS-10 speedloaders. The Speed Beez guys stole Dave's (DS-10) design. Then a .160 height equivalent Bowen rear sight, I like the WO, and a .200 tall .100 wide front FO from Protocall Design.

And who did Dave steal the design from? Before you answer I'll say he didn't invent that design and I don't care that he sells it.  I do care about people calling someone a thief, especially when it isn't warranted.  I won't tolerate it on these forums.

Any further discussion that involves calling anyone a thief will result in this thread being closed and the involved parties will hear more from me.  If anyone has a problem with this please feel free to pm me.  Do not post it here.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator,

Larry Drake

3 minutes ago, DS-10-SPEED said:

Moderator, you're right to nip this in the bud but you need to watch what you say also.

I do believe I said that you should pm me if you had a problem.  

Topic Closed