Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jerryz

Tactical Performance Center UT

I just finished 3 days at Tactical Performance Center in Utah.  Wow.  What a class.  I was drinking from the firehose.  I was most impressed how Ron Avery was able to dissect every aspect and every movement into small, understandable, pieces.  I found I was doing things wrong that I had no idea there was even a right and wrong way to do.  I've been shooting for 40 years (USPSA for only the last two). Changed my grip.  Changed my stance.  Changed the way I moved.   I broke one gun and every body part aches -- it was great. Highly recommended for those who have never shot a match to GM. 

I have always heard about Ron being a good dude and his style of teaching being very SOILD.  I just can't justify flying to the other side of the US. We have a few solid guys  on the east coast as well.  Good Luck..

Posted (edited)

I am a GM and took this class.  Worth every dollar... and then a lot more.  Highly recommend

Edited by bluedevil008

7 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Where is he is relation to Salt Lake?

TPC is at St. George, UT the SW corner of UT.

About a 90 minute drive from Las Vegas on the interstate.

i flew from Salt Lake to St George. Short flight and easy to navigate airport. Stayed St George Inn. Convenient location. 

did you take the handgun mastery or competition handgun class?

On 3/5/2018 at 5:08 PM, jerryz said:

I just finished 3 days at Tactical Performance Center in Utah.  Wow.  What a class.  I was drinking from the firehose.  I was most impressed how Ron Avery was able to dissect every aspect and every movement into small, understandable, pieces.  I found I was doing things wrong that I had no idea there was even a right and wrong way to do.  I've been shooting for 40 years (USPSA for only the last two). Changed my grip.  Changed my stance.  Changed the way I moved.   I broke one gun and every body part aches -- it was great. Highly recommended for those who have never shot a match to GM. 

Well, St. George is only 90 minutes from Vegas and one will need to rent a car regardless of the airport.

I took the  competition handgun.  I've taken plenty of gun training courses, but, I've not seen one specific to competition.  I'll probably go again next spring.