Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Trigger Options

gtaylor07

Now that USPSA Production rules have been relaxed, are there any good aftermarket trigger options that reduce over travel for a 92? Have heard about speed bump triggers but don't know much about them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

On 3/4/2018 at 6:33 PM, gtaylor07 said:

Now that USPSA Production rules have been relaxed, are there any good aftermarket trigger options that reduce over travel for a 92? Have heard about speed bump triggers but don't know much about them.

look carefully at a rear surface of a trigger on a photo midway through the page. Limits how far back trigger can travel. I had one and didn't find it too beneficial. 

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?5018-Allegheny-Gun-Works-92FS-gt-92G-conversion/page2

Unfortunately the pictures aren't showing for me, but I think I know what you mean.

Any reason you couldn't build up that part with JB Weld or something and file it down until it has enough travel to release the sear?

I don't see why not. Beretta triggers are not expensive if you mess one up. One question is if JB Weld would be banging up the frame at a contact point, but I don't know one way or another.  The one that I posted a link to is made from a polymer. You could contact Josh at Allegheny Gun Works and see if he still makes them.

• 1 month later...

I recently dropped a Langdon Tactical "Trigger Job In A Bag" into one of my 92G pistols, and I can not be happier.  It uses the new Wilson trigger bar, plus a lighter hammer spring, and a different hammer.  

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, NuJudge said:

I recently dropped a Langdon Tactical "Trigger Job In A Bag" into one of my 92G pistols, and I can not be happier.  It uses the new Wilson trigger bar, plus a lighter hammer spring, and a different hammer.  

This has been a huge improvement for mine as well.  All of my 92s will have them soon.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, Pageman said:

Does the class rules allow for spring upgrades. On my 92s I put wolff springs and a elite 2 hammer and I'm so happy with the results 

USPSA Production rules now allow for obviously aftermarket safeties, magazine releases, hammers, and triggers. Internal parts such as springs have always been an approved modification.

IPSC rules outside the USA are a different matter. 

• 1 month later...