Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

spreadsheet directly from Practiscore?

RickT

Title says it all.  Can I get a direct download of summary results out of PS ini Excel (or PS Competitor for that matter)?  I can get HTML which can be converted into Excel, but direct would be more convenient.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:50 AM, RickT said:

Title says it all.  Can I get a direct download of summary results out of PS ini Excel (or PS Competitor for that matter)?  I can get HTML which can be converted into Excel, but direct would be more convenient.

I wonder what functionality you are missing in PractiScore Competitor that you want to have results in Excel?

In PractiScore Competitor you can open overall or stage results from the shooter entry from comparison view. Then send html to yourself and open it in Excel.

2 hours ago, Nathanb said:

If he had a program like alteryx or tableau he could do some really cool

analytical stuff. Other than that I agree

Please do elaborate

2 hours ago, euxx said:

I wonder what functionality you are missing in PractiScore Competitor that you want to have results in Excel?

In PractiScore Competitor you can open overall or stage results from the shooter entry from comparison view. Then send html to yourself and open it in Excel.

I want to map all the centerfire autoloader divisions into CFPI and CFPO .  It's easy enough to convert the HTML from Practiscore Competitor to Excel.  I was just being lazy..  We only get 25-30 guns at our match and with more than 1/2 shooting rimfire, scant revolver shooters the remaining divisions are tiny and it's nice for the competitors to see PROD, SS and LTD grouped and sorted.  I include CO and OPN as CFPO of course.

6 minutes ago, euxx said:

Please do elaborate

There’s a million ways to crunch and perform analytics on data using one of them. The competitor app does a lot of it too but it doesn’t compare to a full featured set of analytics. If you want I can sit down with an export and see what type of stuff I can come up with. 

38 minutes ago, RickT said:

I want to map all the centerfire autoloader divisions into CFPI and CFPO .  It's easy enough to convert the HTML from Practiscore Competitor to Excel.  I was just being lazy..  We only get 25-30 guns at our match and with more than 1/2 shooting rimfire, scant revolver shooters the remaining divisions are tiny and it's nice for the competitors to see PROD, SS and LTD grouped and sorted.  I include CO and OPN as CFPO of course.

In PractiScore Competitor, when you tap on "Combined" in the main app menu, you can select which divisions to combine, e.g. check CFPI and CFPO to see combined results for those divisions only.

29 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

There’s a million ways to crunch and perform analytics on data using one of them. The competitor app does a lot of it too but it doesn’t compare to a full featured set of analytics. If you want I can sit down with an export and see what type of stuff I can come up with. 

That's the thing. What stuff out of possible million ways is really useful. So, if you could come up with interesting data analysis, we'll see if that could be added to PractiScore Competitor app for a simple use.

I just copy my matches into excel from the practiscore website....each stage into separate excel tabs.

Press “control” and “A” simultaneously and it’ll select everything. 

contol + c copies everything

control + v pastes everything 

I do some formatting clean up but it works. Lately some of the ad images get transferred but you can delete them.

This scoring spreadsheet I built may also be of value. Best used on desktop machine....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-atfeg2NSYBVpmVksfK82o0R3CXlIIJgNlDtmXt8nK4/edit#gid=0

Edited by Covfefe

56 minutes ago, euxx said:

That's the thing. What stuff out of possible million ways is really useful. So, if you could come up with interesting data analysis, we'll see if that could be added to PractiScore Competitor app for a simple use.

I’ll do some tinkering and see what I can come up with that’s useful. I have a feeling a lot of it will be cumulative type stuff 

I hit the review on each stage and copy them into cells so I can see the count of A's, B's, etc.

Then have a set of cells to total all of that data for everyone's and a formula column to re-figure hit factor even though stage points is what really counts.

And you can get that another way if you really want to (I do). 

By doing this I was able to determine that a match submitted to PS was inaccurate due to a stage that was thrown out.

Once you have the data from the "review" of each stage - you can do anything you want if you are an excel nerd like me.  B)