Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New custom open gun.

opengundvc

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice firearm, he did a great job... but didn't think Australians could own firearms? or so the media always points out....

Never listen to the media they are full of it, we can own firearms as long as we hold that specific Firearms license.

The main thing that was taken away from us in 1996 was semi auto long arms but even now if you need them for your work as a primary producer you can aquire a license to obtain them.

A lot of the rules make no sense.. like I cannot own have a full size AR15 but can have a SBR size variant on my handgun license in my state [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they have a weight limit or length restriction?

On a sporting license for handguns we are restricted to barrels 120mm and over for semi auto’s and 100mm and over for revolvers.
No weight restrictions.

On a sporting license for handguns we are restricted to barrels 120mm and over for semi auto’s and 100mm and over for revolvers.
No weight restrictions.

And i forgot to mention 10rnd mags [emoji30]

Ahhhh ok that is still crappy, but atleast you can with the proper license  [emoji4]

Sure is but we still have a lot of fun with what we can own.. and we are a world class IPSC region thats for sure [emoji1037]

6 minutes ago, Bird_Dog0347 said:

Such a nice looking gun, and thanks for the education as you guys are the "poster child" for the gun control nuts here.

The issue with that is that it just couldn't work. The culture is different in so many ways. The US fought for independence from British colonization (or something) and we were colonized. We never had a "gun culture" in the wider sense of it like the US does.

The truth is that the US is used in the negative over here as the reason why our gun control has actually worked but its all bullshit. Much the same as the concept that Australia gun laws could actually work over there. It just can't. And the idiots that use our gun control as proof that it works really don't know what they are talking about.

Such a nice looking gun, and thanks for the education as you guys are the "poster child" for the gun control nuts here.

Our government also likes to pat themselves on the back for bringing in strict gun control laws to solve a problem we never had..

Very unique look. The hex cutouts for gripping look cool do they give good grip? ( I see the racker).

They would be good and are grippy but are only for asthetics on this gun as the shielded safety will make it impossible to rack from there.
The maker has built some classic and standard guns with them for forward are rear cocking serations and they work treat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey mate I’m interested in getting one of my own made by Vic.  May I ask what sort of price?

You will need to talk to Vic about that mate it all depends on the exchange rate and what you want in a build.