Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW 33 Round Glock mags

On 3/10/2018 at 10:02 PM, alanm said:

Have you tried the ETS mags? I choose them over the Glock mags

This.  My gun actually came with an ETS magazine as the factory magazine so I bought a bunch more of them and the only problem that I've ever had with any of them has been when I've been messing around with extensions and different Springs.

11 hours ago, barrysuperhawk said:

This.  My gun actually came with an ETS magazine as the factory magazine so I bought a bunch more of them and the only problem that I've ever had with any of them has been when I've been messing around with extensions and different Springs.

the only extensions I've found that work well with ETS mags are the MBX,  

13 hours ago, barrysuperhawk said:

I’ve found the MBX extensions and springs to work great with the ETS mags. You have to taper the follower per MBX’s inatructions but they haven’t failed me yet. I do clean the mags and lube them with dry silicone. 

When I got my gun the Glock mags were expensive and not readily available.  ETS mags were plentiful and cheap, so I got several of them.  

The ETS mags work great for me, including with long extensions on them, but they do not seem to tolerate sand as well as Glocks.  If they drop

to the ground, you should disassemble and clean them, or risk a baby rattle.  I do not consider a dirty mag failing to be a fault of the mag.  

On 3/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, alanm said:

. I do clean the mags and lube them with dry silicone. 

Actually you bring up the only problem that I've ever really had with ETS magazines, because they are clear you can see all the carbon and junk build up on that by the first inch of the inside