Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Reach Reduction kit for Shadows

zeroryde

After the USPSA BoD changed the rules for production that we could modify triggers... I instantly wanted to get a RRK trigger for DA for my shadow 2. I already had a T1 disco from CGW and saw that the existing kit came with a different disco which looked more stock compared to my fitted T1. 

I decided to email CGW to see if I could keep my T1 in with the RRK or if I had to use the new disco. This was his reply.... 

We have ;just been informed of the new rules.  We are already designing a new disco just for the Shadow 1 & 2.  We should have these available in the next 2 - 3 weeks and add this as a full Shadow specific Reach Reduction Kit.  Will most likely call it the RRK-T3.

David

So I'm definitely curious to see what this kit can do for those with shorter fingers like me... For that DA pull. My friend already installed the CZC one in his gun and it seemed to have made a significant difference.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, 38superfan said:

Are you allowed to start from half cock?

I don't do formal comps. Half cock is only way I can have decent trigger contact. 

No, as Shadows don't have a decocker you must lower the hammer fully down for divisions in uspsa and idpa where you can not start with the hammer back and safety on.

Interesting. I can get by with my fitted disco, but I wouldn't mind a RRK. Though, doesn't the RRK not have the same SA pre-travel as a fitted disco? I feel like I remember reading some disadvantage of going with a RRK over the standard fitted disco.

3 hours ago, eerw said:

Haven’t measured the distance, but here is a photo of the CZC kit.

works well. 

C6E0E667-1E75-4B68-ADDC-057DAC9B8B3A.jpeg.3a02b3ef421e7e42525e311465aaef69.jpeg

Is there any fitting or polishing of parts in the CZ Custom kit?

Any small screws involved?

Edited by HI5-O
Added another question

11 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

The sole reason I chose Stock 2 over Shadow was due to my short trigger finger. 

The RRK3 may just be the cure for coming back to the Shadow line :)  Does anyone know how much reduction the RRK will produce?  2mm? 3mm or even more?

The current information on the CGW kit claims a reduction of 5mm.

The label on the bag the kit comes in has a check mark next to RRK and there is also another line on the label of RRK-T2 which is unchecked. 

Next version is with a T3 disco?

hey guys.  fill me in a bit.   These short reach triggers, are the only advantage to those with shorty fingers?   i would think if you are reducing the trigger reach you are then in turn reducing the amount of pre-travel the DA pull has.

I'm fairly new still to the CZ shadows. only been shooting mine for a year.

11 minutes ago, Dubler said:

hey guys.  fill me in a bit.   These short reach triggers, are the only advantage to those with shorty fingers?   i would think if you are reducing the trigger reach you are then in turn reducing the amount of pre-travel the DA pull has.

I'm fairly new still to the CZ shadows. only been shooting mine for a year.

yes the trigger stroke in DA is shorter with the trigger

The rule change is not in effect for 3 months.  From the BoD minutes that discussed the change, "Changes subject to USPSA Bylaw 16.2, and will be effective 3 months from the published date of these minutes for Production Division. CO changes will be effective immediately, and were made prior to removal of provisional status."

CO was provisional. So rules changed and then made a division.

Production is already division so rule change has a time frame to be in effect.

something like that

My understanding is that I can run the CGW  RRK in my shadow 2 in 3 months for USPSA production division.  My question is can I run the same gun in SCSA production division?  I'm looking at appendix H3 21.6 of the steel challenge shooting association rule book.  I have short fingers and I have decided to get it done.  I just wanted to make sure I shoot the proper division.  Sorry if this was discussed in another forum, I just couldn't find it, if it was.

When USPA finally approves this provisional ruling, CGW will offer the Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) for the Shadow 1 & 2.   Like our current RRK's, the trigger will be relocated with the hammer down 5 mm's, or nearly a 1/4 of an inch.   This is a tremendous change from stock.

Since the CGW RRK is fully adjustable, it will allow each specific CZ to attain it's maximum relocation of the trigger.  Plus, our USA Made version of the Old Style 85C trigger in stainless steel is preferred by most CZ shooters.

A big plus not mentioned on the CGW RRK is the fact that there is virtually no take up in the DA.  When you apply pressure on the trigger with the hammer down, the DA begins moving almost immediately.   The RRK also shortens the DA timing, reducing the lock time in DA about 15%, so the full DA cycle is accomplished quicker.  As we understand it, this is one of the more salient reasons CZ shooters have pushed the sanctioning bodies to adopt the RRK. 

On 3/2/2018 at 2:41 PM, 38superfan said:

If there is a screw it'll probably be an over travel one.

that's  the first that i done in 1986 in all my cz75.

i add 2 set  screws  M3. one for DA and second for SA.  i still carry one of them.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, schmeky said:

When USPA finally approves this provisional ruling, CGW will offer the Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) for the Shadow 1 & 2.   Like our current RRK's, the trigger will be relocated with the hammer down 5 mm's, or nearly a 1/4 of an inch.   This is a tremendous change from stock.

Since the CGW RRK is fully adjustable, it will allow each specific CZ to attain it's maximum relocation of the trigger.  Plus, our USA Made version of the Old Style 85C trigger in stainless steel is preferred by most CZ shooters.

A big plus not mentioned on the CGW RRK is the fact that there is virtually no take up in the DA.  When you apply pressure on the trigger with the hammer down, the DA begins moving almost immediately.   The RRK also shortens the DA timing, reducing the lock time in DA about 15%, so the full DA cycle is accomplished quicker.  As we understand it, this is one of the more salient reasons CZ shooters have pushed the sanctioning bodies to adopt the RRK. 

Does the 85c trigger come with the RRKT3?

thanks!